Art Thiel ask if its Time to trade Russell

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
1. Trading Russ would be a next level stupid move.
2. They don't even GET to the Super Bowl w/out him.
3. Trade Russ and get ready for 6 or 7 win teams, if that.
Kirk Cousins over Russ? What has Cousins ever won?
Put down the pipe and slowly step away from the keyboard. :roll:

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Myles Garrett, Saqoun Barkley, Baker Mayfield and Mike McGlinchey for Russ then draft Derwin James at 18. That's pretty tempting

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Art Thiel...the true definition of a mediot. He was quiet for awhile (thankfully) but I guess now the quiet time is over and is barking again.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Ask any NFL GM if they could build their team around any NFL QB and he would be available for 5 years, Russ would at or near the top in every damn list. It took 37 years for this team to finally get a young franchise QB. You ride that horse to the end.

Steve2222

Reaction score
rjas77":3076w7ch said:
Bobblehead":3076w7ch said:
When we won the SB, was Russ a franchise QB?

Just out of curiosity, would any other QB on that team been able to win the SB?
Would Nick Foles have won it?
Would K Keenum won it?
How about Dak Prescott?

Any one of them would have won it as the the D held Denver to 8 points...Defense and special teams alone scored enough to win

Case Keenum no showed against a vaunted defense (Philly). You think he was going to take down the 2013 49ers defense in the NFCCG who was better than this years Philly D?

Dak Prescott fell apart this year with no Zeke and an average pass blocking OL. Meanwhile Russell has excelled with a historically bad OL and no running game to speak of at all.

Nick Foles played with probably the best offensive minds in the game currently and an elite OL.

The Seahawks probably still win the SB with a Trent Dilfer caliber in 2013 due in large part of having arguably a Top 3 defense off all time. Assembling another defense unit like that more than likely won’t happen anytime soon.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":3k4v3yw1 said:
The number 1 picking team could give their whole draft to us for the next 3 years and I still wouldn't make the trade.

Well I would not trade him, but he has a limit in new contract talks also. As to that trade? I'd say it's a bit.......

Erica sargeant pv

For me anyway.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":1m6rggok said:
Myles Garrett, Saqoun Barkley, Baker Mayfield and Mike McGlinchey for Russ then draft Derwin James at 18. That's pretty tempting
Baker Mayfield is going to be a bust. Not sure he has the mental capacity to be an quality NFL QB.

Sac

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":21n0hst7 said:
Nope, they absolutely do not make the Super Bowl w/out Russ.

Obviously. RW Had five 4th quarter comebacks and/or game winning drives in 2013. I don't see Captain Kirk Cousins or Nick Foles doing that on the Seahawks. Not only do we not win the SB without RW that year, but I don't think we even make it there.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Bobblehead":14he1hl7 said:

Would K Keenum won it?
How about Dak Prescott?

That's impossible to say. He was elite the year they won the SuperBowl . He had a 102 QB rating. Anything over 90 is considered superb. yet he was sacked 44 times. Quite a bit. One thing that can't be overstated is how durable RW is. He's never missed a game.

He also gave us comeback/ 4th QTR wins such as Carolina, STL, TB, Etc. His amazing throw against the 49ers in the NFC Championship game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They don't come close to making the Super Bowl w/out him. 6 plus years, and people still don't wanna' give him the credit he deserves.

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
rjas77":207zrsmg said:
Bobblehead":207zrsmg said:

Would K Keenum won it?
How about Dak Prescott?

Any one of them would have won it as the the D held Denver to 8 points...Defense and special teams alone scored enough to win

Except we would never have made it there as we most likely would not have won two or three of the regular season games without him, and therefore would have missed the playoffs.

Seafan

Reaction score
The Browns wouldn't make that trade so his point is moot. No reason to slam Art Thiel. He's been one of the consistently rational sports writers in Seattle history. To ask the question "If it's time to trade" shouldn't drive fans crazy. I doubt the Hawk brass want to make that trade. RW is more than a franchise QB. He is very connected to the community and he's a model citizen. The question really is it time for the Hawks to break it all down and rebuild. That's for management to decide but the media and fans want to discuss it and Thiel is just raising the question that few dare.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm never for trading a QB without his replacement already on the roster and prepared to play.

So no, whether you love Russell or not, he's a top 10 QB that was responsible for over 80% of our offensive output last year. So we'd be INSANE to trade him without his replacement ready to roll.

Unless your goal is to go back to the 80's and 90's going 7-9 in perpetuity hoping desperately that we find a franchise QB.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I remember not having a franchise QB. Kinda sucked.

They already can't run the ball, taking the ultra talented QB out of the equation would make the offense unwatchable.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Take the comeback stats and throw them out. Fair is fair. A comeback is meaningless when you create tje situation in first place by playing like a 3rd string QB for 2.5 quarters.

It is self induced bs of a lie heroics. It should never get to that point. If RW doesn't improve in that area then sourcing another QB is absolutely warranted. It's not acceptable.

Sac

Reaction score
vin.couve12":115is927 said:
Take the comeback stats and throw them out. Fair is fair. A comeback is meaningless when you create tje situation in first place by playing like a 3rd string QB for 2.5 quarters.

It is self induced bs of a lie heroics. It should never get to that point. If RW doesn't improve in that area then sourcing another QB is absolutely warranted. It's not acceptable.

That's a pretty ridiculous assumption that you're making here.