Aros' REVISED Fearless Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Cardinals)

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawks 9
Cardinals 3

Unbelievably the offense gets worse and Bevell reverts to rushing 1st, 2nd and 3rd down on one of the top rushing D's in the league.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sidney Rice will be MIA, Patrick Peterson matches up well with him.
Russell, and any butter fingered dudes better hold on tight when Mathieu comes a calling.
Dansby is a good linebacker in coverage. Washington can get after it. Campbell, if he plays, is nasty. Dockett is still using QB necks as arm rests.
Floyd has improved, a lot. They have a couple more guys besides Fitzgerald to watch.
Ellington is electric. Housler can be a problem. Palmer uses the middle of the field well.

There are lots of reasons to respect Arizona. I think they are good for 20 points.

Russell has to be burning to get at these guys. Forget 58-0, Russell won't be happy with how he played in that game. Russell is unbeaten in revenge games. And the first loss of his career will be in his mind in Arizona. Russell has yet to lose to the same team twice, but only Carolina was on the road out of his 5 second cracks at a team. This is a very different defense than Carolina's, this one lives in the gaps. I thought the loss of Ray Horton would be critical, it wasn't.

However...It bears repeating that though this team has a highly ranked rush D, Half of those games have been vs STL, NO, and DET, hardly teams committed to the run. Still, not even the Niners, who might be more committed to the run than the Hawks right now, could crack 4 yards a rush on the day. Those Niners certainly did us a favor, grinding the Cardinals down with an 18 play drive late Sunday, part of their 38 runs on the day. Thank you Jim, I hope what you did was as soul crushing as it looked. Can we run on the Cards? Sure. Will we thrive running? Not likely.

Like San Fran, we can exploit traps. The Cards are a team that wants to knife the O-line with at least one guy per snap, and often do that with both gaps. Those guys better keep their heads on a swivel, trapping them needs to be Sweezy's first priority. In fact, Pete has been using the cattle prod on Sweezy this week, noting his 11 missed assignments last year in Arizona. Look for inspired play from the kid, he will need it, his gap will definitely be target one for the Cards.

Passing to the running backs is another thing we need to do. A list of our best explosion plays for the year includes a bunch of passes to backs.

Target the corners who are not Peterson. They can be had. I don't expect our tight ends to play huge roles.

On Specials, Peterson will be seeking revenge for his shit show in Seattle last year. Look for him to be a bit aggro on punt returns.

Our defense is just right for facing Palmer. His arm strength is limited a bit, he will put some air under a ball. He is pretty accurate, and seems to have a good rapport with Floyd, Roberts, Fitz, and Housler. Palmer will gamble with pressure on him, even a good game from Palmer can include a couple of turnovers. He is going to get yards, most likely more than the 190 a game Seattle gives up.

It feels like 23-20 Hawks to me.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Good post and I agree with your analysis. I think our defense matches up very well with their offense. Losing Clemons hurts but I expect Irvin, Avril to be more involved in this game and I think we pressure him a ton. Just don't see them scoring enough points to keep up. Not that we will explode but we will score enough. Tenn offense is actually pretty similar...fast running back, a couple of big receivers but Palmer is obviously less mobile than Fitzpatrick.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks 20
Cards 13

Hawks win by the same score as last week. Russ drives us 80 yds. for a TD later in the 4th to put the Hawks ahead. Defense picks Palmer off around midfield to seal it.

To date: 5-1

pmedic920

Reaction score
Only stats I could find quickly was both teams are 1-2 on thurs nite games. Both of the hawks losses were at the hands of the 9ers. Cards lost to Philly and St.L. None of that means anything really.

Does anybody have the records of home vs away overall.

Hawks 27. Cards 9.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hawks 20- Cards 13

YTD 5-1

For the record, I believe this is the most difficult game remaining on the schedule. My head is telling me we lose, but my heart is pulling for a win.

kf3339

Reaction score
Seahawks 20-9. I don't see the Cards scoring any TD's on us; especially if Fitz is not 100%.

Record to date: 5-1 (not picking against the team)

A

Anonymous

Panthers 42
Rams 3

and for our game:
Seahawks 24
Cardinals 16

Erebus

Reaction score
I'll go with 18-13 Hawks.

Cards get a 1st quarter FG, 2nd quarter TD, and 3rd quarter FG. Hawks struggle in the red zone for most of the night by kicking four field goals, but finally put one into the end zone midway through the 4th quarter to pull ahead for good. We go for two for a seven point lead and fail, but the defense does their job and we hang on to win.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
This team is built to dismantle the NFC West. ARI is no cupcake but they aren't Jack the Giant Killer either:

Seattle 24
Arizona 10

Trenchbroom record to date: 6-0.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
We finally play well and have 4 solid quarters. It's barely still a ball game at the half and the nail is in the coffin before the 4th starts.

We end the game on offense in their red zone.

Seahawks 31, Cardinals 16

Chawker

Reaction score
What a great season we are having so far. Last week the hawks looked a little tired, after the trips back to Carolina, Houston and Indy. And this week is a real important inner conference road game. The big question is the match up of R. Wilson vs the cards defense. IT'S going to be a close game, 23-20 Hawks come back, but fall short, on the road to a conference foe. cheers