Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (@ Washington)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I've chalked this one up as a L for weeks now. The WFT defense is legit, especially that front. It's not a matter of if Chase Young gets to Russ but how often. However, after careful consideration and contemplating the thoughts of others in this thread: https://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=170462 I have changed my mind. Despite a very real chance they could drop this one if proper adjustments aren't made, I think we have enough talent and Want To in this one to pull out the W, but I won't be guaranteeing this one, lol. It won't be high scoring (unless crazy plays happen), it will likely be a close defensive battle, and it will be nerve wracking and frustrating at times, especially when we are on offense.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - Washington 16

Aros' Fearless Record: 10-3

Slick

Reaction score
Do you think the team is further incentivized by the playoff spot-clinching scenario presented this weekend? I'm not ready to put in my prediction but it's going to be a supremely annoying game aka close.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good old fashion ugly snot knocker in this one.
Unlike many, I think the Hawks have a VERY good shot at winning this game.
Carson and Hyde with a combined 120+ yards rushing against this very good D line.

Hawks win a close one 20-16. $$$ Myers with 2 huge FG's in the 2nd half.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
After watching the WFT/Steelers highlights and looking at some stats -

WFT seems to like the deep pass plays - which we can counter - and Smith is hurt a bit - so their offence will be hurting. Steelers seems to have some success on the underneath/shorter passing plays. If the hawks can run to the outside, and with Carson back and able, should be do-able, and use the shorter passing game to short circuit their monster Dline, I think we'll be OK. Dink and dunk - quick passes and screens to counter their line. This is not the week for 3 DK/Russ rainbow pass touchdowns.

Both our offense and defence should be better than the stats with getting some people back recently.

Hawks are 6 point favs - but i think we hang a couple more points on than that. I don't really see this as being a defensive 'battle'. I think our defences are more evenly matched than the stats indicate, and our offense is better than theirs.

27-17 for the hawks is my guess. But we have to have the game plan on offense, or they could torch us.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I think we have the chance to tie but Pete opts to go for two and we end up not getting it. People go nuts and Fire Pete gets hotter. And, trade Russ Rumors start back up.

I also see at least two players going down because of the shitty turf. I’m guessing Penny plays but gets hurt again.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
zchurch74":1uvw8aqs said:
I think we have the chance to tie but Pete opts to go for two and we end up not getting it. People go nuts and Fire Pete gets hotter. And, trade Russ Rumors start back up.

I also see at least two players going down because of the $h!t turf. I’m guessing Penny plays but gets hurt again.

I bet you're just the life of the party.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm not sold although this is a coin toss.

WFT - 27
Hawks - 24

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
This game will not be a "push over" like last Sunday. Probably a typical RW game being decided in the last two minutes. Winning this game will be a BIG confidence booster for the Hawks when they play the Rams.

Hawks 27
Redskins 24

Keyhawk

Reaction score
On NFL Radio, Pete said the Seahawks are ready for either Haskins or Smith. I really don't think Smith's going to play. Pretty sure our defense can handle Haskins. We will be okay on offense, especially in view of our improving run game.

Seattle 24
Washington 13

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I am terrified of the Washington D Line and have been thinking this is about as bad of a matchup as we could get right now. A sliver of sunshine is Alex Smith on the sideline.

Smith starts 20-17 WFT
HAskins starts 17-13 Hawks

9-4 YTD