Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Redskins)

AgentDib

Reaction score
They've given up like 80 points over the last two weeks, granted turnovers have been a factor. Good pass rush from their linebackers but their secondary is awful.

The Skins best chance will be to gamble on both sides of the football. Whether they actually do that with Kirk Cousins is a different issue, and if they try a short passing game and heavy use of Morris we will definitely win comfortably. If they gamble with deep passes and a lot of blitzes then we will likely win by a bigger margin but the chance of an upset goes up as well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm trying not to overthink this one too much. Yes, there's a lot of trap qualities to this game, but I think Cousins throws 2 picks, we get a fumble somewhere else, and we get pressure on Cousins.

Their defense is decent, but we will exploit their secondary, and we've run well against even good run teams this year.

SEA 34
WAS 13

marko358

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1lxyjg1e said:
Again, the line on this game is extremely low (7.5) considering the circumstances...

All the money is going on the Seahawks to cover.

Vegas doesn't just give away big paydays, they know something. Expect this game to be much tighter than ya'll think.
There seems to be about 5 blowouts each week and I know the spread in those games aren't that huge. I'm throwing Vegas lines out the window this year.

Mick063

Reaction score
I don't think Washington scores more than ten points. Who knows how much Seattle scores depending on turnovers/special teams etc.

Pete is feeling angst because the Seahawks are not taking the ball way like last year. The good news is that they are still playing well enough to win without them. It just means the games are tighter.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Coming off of a BYE week, the Hawks need to get out of the gate early.....like a 10-0 lead in the 1st QRT.

Hawks 31
Redskins 17

drdiags

Reaction score
The Seahawks D has given up 54 pts in the last 2 games. The team from DC was waxed last week and has more than enough offensive talent at home to make this a tough game.

I predict a close game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
drdiags":9s9oth5i said:
The Seahawks D has given up 54 pts in the last 2 games. The team from DC was waxed last week and has more than enough offensive talent at home to make this a tough game.

I predict a close game.

Manning & Rivers are just a smidge better than Cousins. Most teams would give up 60+ if they played those two back to back.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":178itwdl said:
drdiags":178itwdl said:

I predict a close game.

Manning & Rivers are just a smidge better than Cousins. Most teams would give up 60+ if they played those two back to back.
I do think Zona gives up more than the 20 we did to the Donks.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Defense rebounds and the LOB makes it's presence felt this game with two Cousins picks and a forced fumble.

Seahawks - 31

Foreskins - 13

drdiags

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1x3fqszf said:
drdiags":1x3fqszf said:

I predict a close game.

Most definitely, but since this is my stinking prediction, it can stand on its own. If I am wrong, great. Never understood the reasoning behind this thread. If you don't go 100% Seahawks with the prediction, some people feel obligated to debate any offending takes. The point stands. This year's version of the defense has some issues to work out. Injuries and new personnel.

I gather that is why they call this topic "Fearless Prediction" not prediction that makes folks feel good.

2_0_6

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1d9fh3wl said:
Hawk_Nation":1d9fh3wl said:
drdiags":1d9fh3wl said:

I predict a close game.

I do think Zona gives up more than the 20 we did to the Donks.

Boy I think we were both giving the Cards more credit than they deserved. 479 yards in the air against them sure makes our game 2 weeks ago much better.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Historically, we own prime time games and we especially own MNF.
We will roll these guys.

34-9.