Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

JOz56

Reaction score
People who can actually vote in this area better correct some mistakes come next election.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JOz56":2bvm0tz9 said:
People who can actually vote in this area better correct some mistakes come next election.

Yep.

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr
Julia Patterson continues to remind council mates that they may have to vote again.

Jonathan Dalar ‏@JonathanDalar
@Softykjr Julia Patterson continues to remind the rest of us Seattle voters that we will be voting again too.

chris98251

Reaction score
Me thinks we have a bunch of CC members straddleing a fence and speaking out both sides of their mouths depending on which audience they have.

chris98251

Reaction score
Just heard on the news, the Port is saying that the arena will cost 4000 jobs at the arena site, I thought these numers were already crunched and that Port job loss was going to be pretty much nothing and or if anything some would be moved possibly to Tacoma's port so no losses at all.

Msfann

Reaction score
4-3 in favor of yes with 2 votes to go, says Q13 news

Msfann

Reaction score
That was the county council, next is the city council I think.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Next step will be Hansen negotiating with the SCC to work towards their requests. Hopefully they meet somewhere in the middle, get a vote, and it passes. From there it'd go back to KCC for approval of the new MOU that features the KCC and SCC amendments. I'd be surprised if any of today's yes votes flip when it comes back.

chris98251

Reaction score
Any additional amendments will only sweeten the deal for any revote by the County.

pinksheets

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1gm6kykq said:
Is it safe to start getting excited?
Quarter-way, not full boner.

It was already expected to pass through the KCC, as the county doesn't have a lot of skin in the game. We've still got the biggest challenge ahead, and that's dealing with the SCC. Heard it described on KJR as not the time to jump up and scream, but a silent fist bump is reasonable.

Long ways to go, though.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pinksheets":453gk527 said:
-The Glove-":453gk527 said:
Is it safe to start getting excited?
Quarter-way, not full boner.

It was already expected to pass through the KCC, as the county doesn't have a lot of skin in the game. We've still got the biggest challenge ahead, and that's dealing with the SCC. Heard it described on KJR as not the time to jump up and scream, but a silent fist bump is reasonable.

Long ways to go, though.
Alright, okay...still keeping my hopes up