Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
You guys want the Blazers? Its embarassing and painful watching them for the last month. Seems like every other game is the new "most embarassing game of the season". Blown out by 42 by the Knicks tonight. The Blazers didnt even care, didnt even try. 5 assists as a team yesterday in a blow out loss to indiana, made 20 field goals the whole game.

Terrible, horrible, pathetic. You guys may have them.

Smurf

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1m4tvpky said:
You guys want the Blazers? Its embarassing and painful watching them for the last month. Seems like every other game is the new "most embarassing game of the season". Blown out by 42 by the Knicks tonight. The Blazers didnt even care, didnt even try. 5 assists as a team yesterday in a blow out loss to indiana, made 20 field goals the whole game.

Terrible, horrible, pathetic. You guys may have them.

Can you get Paul Allen to sign the team over to us? That would be fantastic. Thanks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1vpvgvyf said:
Man this event sure slowed down rather quickly. I need more news now!

Well there is no team that can move in time for next season, we're officialy just chilling in the bushes like a freaking creeper!

Nawww you can keep your Blazers, J. We're gonna need your rivalry here in a few years.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":15m3u8i5 said:
Blitzer88":15m3u8i5 said:
Man this event sure slowed down rather quickly. I need more news now!

Well there is no team that can move in time for next season, we're officialy just chilling in the bushes like a freaking creeper!

Nawww you can keep your Blazers, J. We're gonna need your rivalry here in a few years.

Yea, after todays moves im' feeling more optimistic about the future, so the offer is off the table! Now that McMillan is free though it would be pretty awesome if Seattle was able to get a team this offseason and make Mr. Sonic the first coach of the new sonics.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Jimmy Smith ‏ @JimmySmithtp Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal will announce agreement of lease extension with #Hornets through 2024 this P.M. Details to come.

And there's that.

Uh...Milwaukee then?

Pretty weird to think about how badly our city got screwed and cities with half empty arenas get the red carpet treatment.

soohawk

Reaction score
if they move Memphis it will be back to Vancouver. stern is embarrassed with how things left there and its a dark spot on his legacy. the canadian economy has righted itself in regards to the position it was in during the grizzlies stay there and would work in today's NBA. Vancouver has a ton of money and a lot of people love basketball up there. every season Toronto plays a bunch of preseason there and its nuts. Steve Nash has brought a lot of exposure to the province as well with his success. players might not be so horny to play up there but it has its advantages as well. this is just my opinion though, so its not really worth much ha ha

Milwaukee and Charlotte should be your number 1a/1b priorities. Jordan is a cheapskate so he is the wild-card in all of this. if herb kohl passes away (born 1935) in the near future maybe his family does the Ralph Wilson thing and sells it, allowing relocation. who knows eh?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
pinksheets":tuhgey9i said:
Jimmy Smith ‏ @JimmySmithtp Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal will announce agreement of lease extension with #Hornets through 2024 this P.M. Details to come.

And there's that.

Uh...Milwaukee then?

Pretty weird to think about how badly our city got screwed and cities with half empty arenas get the red carpet treatment.

Wow...really? New Orleans can only support one team and we all know that thats the Saints..

soohawk

Reaction score
GET A HOLD OF CHRIS HANSEN SOMEHOW! TODAY!!!!

“It’s in the initial stages. We’ve handled this just like we’ve handled several other dozen requests. My situation in Memphis has not changed a lick. My preference will always be for somebody in Memphis to buy the team. There’s not any interest in Memphis. But we’ve always made it known that if somebody wants to buy the team, we’ll listen. If they’re real buyers we’ll probably be sellers. So far there hasn’t been anyone willing to buy the team under my terms and for my price.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... -too-well/

that vancouver comment i made the other day might just be full of ish :)

zbo, gasol, conley, mayo, gay they have a good team :th2thumbs:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
soohawk":3gmch7wr said:
GET A HOLD OF CHRIS HANSEN SOMEHOW! TODAY!!!!

“It’s in the initial stages. We’ve handled this just like we’ve handled several other dozen requests. My situation in Memphis has not changed a lick. My preference will always be for somebody in Memphis to buy the team. There’s not any interest in Memphis. But we’ve always made it known that if somebody wants to buy the team, we’ll listen. If they’re real buyers we’ll probably be sellers. So far there hasn’t been anyone willing to buy the team under my terms and for my price.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... -too-well/

that vancouver comment i made the other day might just be full of ish :)

zbo, gasol, conley, mayo, gay they have a good team :th2thumbs:

Paging Chris Hansen, paging Mr. Chris Hansen, you have a situation to take advantage of on line 1.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Its crazy thinking maybe but for some reason I think sooner than later I think we'll get this done in seattle. The vide I get from Hansen is he knows somethings up but wants to keep it hushed up.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":mxs6yc77 said:
Its crazy thinking maybe but for some reason I think sooner than later I think we'll get this done in seattle. The vide I get from Hansen is he knows somethings up but wants to keep it hushed up.

Mn I hope thats the case because I had the feeling early on in this process, but when things started to slow down so did me thinking that he did have something on the back burner.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Are there any updates? It's been about a month and a half since the mayor announced the Chris Hansen proposal.

And the Stadium Advisory Board was looking it over, to give their results to the city.

But haven't heard a peep since. Anyone heard anything?

Mayor McGinn and Executive Constantine have directed the Arena Advisory Panel they appointed to review the financing and other details of the proposal to ensure that the proposal is in the best interest of the public. The Panel is asked to submit its findings and report to the County Executive and Mayor in March. The Panel will be comprised of the following members:

• Jan Drago, co-chair – former Seattle and King County Councilmember
• Maud Daudon, co-chair – CEO and President of Seattle Northwest Securities Corporation; former Seattle deputy mayor and chief of staff
• Lenny Wilkens, co-chair – NBA Hall of Famer and former SuperSonics coach
• David Freiboth – executive secretary of the ML King County Labor Council.
• Doris Koo – former president and CEO of Enterprise Community Partners
• Karen Lee – CEO of Pioneer Human Services
• Estela Ortega – executive director of El Centro de la Raza
• Greg Smith – founder and CEO of Urban Visions
• Anthony R. Miles – partner in the Seattle law office of Stoel Rives LLP
• Dr. Jill Wakefield – Chancellor of Seattle Community Colleges

What do we have, 2 days left? :34853_doh:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Looks like there is a new proposal out there as well,

http://www.emikeflynn.com/blog/156/flyn ... arena-con/

Torrance is unveiling his idea as an advisory panel prepares to deliver a report to Seattle City Council and King County Council on a plan by Chris Hansen

Torrance, a senior vice president for CBRE, the commercial real estate giant, has guided creation of a plan that would turn 88 acres of Port of Seattle’s Terminal 46 into a convention center and an arena, with provisions for a new cruiseship terminal and waterfront park.

He’s already had early discussions with city and county officials and port representatives and hopes to make contact with Hansen as well to outline the plan and seek to gather support.

hawky

Reaction score
I seriously have for the last 3 months put half of my checks away for season tickets.

PLEASE COME HERE. I NEED NBA.

Latest posts