Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Hey M's, your stadium was built with public $$'s. STFU!!! You have no say in this, so shove it! Idiots. Worst thing the M's ever did was hang onto the old guard: Howard Lincoln and Chuck Armstrong. Those two should have been dumped years ago... Many years losers, always losers

Beast Mode

Reaction score
And this is another reason why I find it so hard to support this team again. :Dunno:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Erin Hawksworth ‏ @ErinHawksworth Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn & Arena investor Chris Hansen will make an announcement regarding Arena proposal today.
Retweeted by Dave Softy Mahler

Looks like the mayor and Hansen will make an announcement today.... together. No mention of the Mariners trying to crash the party. :thirishdrinkers:

This can only be good.

I have to say I like this McGinn guy, seems fully on board and really trying to make this happen. Refreshing actually.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... na05m.html

The citizens panel reviewing the proposal for a $490 million sports arena in Seattle's Sodo District says it's a good plan

"This is an unprecedented opportunity to bring two professional sports teams back to Seattle," said Greg Smith, a Seattle developer and member of the Arena Review Panel

JOz56

Reaction score
I only caught the last 10 minutes or so, but all that really needs to be said is Hansen is maaaaannnnnnnnn.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hansen is going to look over the concerns the Port and the Mariners and fund it ALL!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1kwd6bdw said:
Hansen is going to look over the concerns the Port and the Mariners and fund it ALL!

Ah....what?

I have a man crush for Mr. Hansen!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Smurf":1ylzh6ef said:
Throwdown":1ylzh6ef said:

can i get a link?
Seattle Times Link
Chris Hansen, the San Francisco hedge-fund manager proposing to invest in a new basketball and hockey arena in Sodo, will pay to have its traffic and parking impacts studied, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and King County Executive Dow Constantine announced Thursday, along with Hansen.

“At the end of the day I’m also a Seahawks, Mariners and Sounders fan,” Hansen said today. “There are some valid concerns down here and we’re going to do our best to address them.”

Blitzer88

Reaction score
sammyc521":2p1yl2nh said:
Smurf":2p1yl2nh said:
Throwdown":2p1yl2nh said:

can i get a link?
Seattle Times Link
Chris Hansen, the San Francisco hedge-fund manager proposing to invest in a new basketball and hockey arena in Sodo, will pay to have its traffic and parking impacts studied, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn and King County Executive Dow Constantine announced Thursday, along with Hansen.

“At the end of the day I’m also a Seahawks, Mariners and Sounders fan,” Hansen said today. “There are some valid concerns down here and we’re going to do our best to address them.”

Yup....full on man crush. This guy is doing everything we need to get this arena to happen.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
John Boyle ‏ @johnpboyle Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The #Mariners released the following statement regarding today's Sodo traffic study announcement...
“We are happy to hear the news of a feasibility study of traffic and parking in the Sodo area."
"We are very supportive of this process and we look forward to being involved."
"We have a lot of experience down here because we have lived it every day for over 12 years."
"We look forward to participating in the study, offering our experience & our expertise & helping find a solution that works for everyone."
end #Mariners statement.

Hahaha, Mariners just got owned. That was basically their white flag, and acknowledgement that they'll go back to their $400 million publicly funded palace and shut the hell up and leave all this to the grown ups.

You notice they didn't mention anything about helping 'fund' the study, only participate... bunch of clowns.

chris98251

Reaction score
They never funded anything the first time around, as far as expertise I would ask the people in Kent and Everett before asking them, they have arenas that are profitable and civil engineered the traffic issues recently that from my experience actually work.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3410r2wh said:
John Boyle ‏ @johnpboyle Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
The #Mariners released the following statement regarding today's Sodo traffic study announcement...
“We are happy to hear the news of a feasibility study of traffic and parking in the Sodo area."
"We are very supportive of this process and we look forward to being involved."
"We have a lot of experience down here because we have lived it every day for over 12 years."
"We look forward to participating in the study, offering our experience & our expertise & helping find a solution that works for everyone."
end #Mariners statement.

Hahaha, Mariners just got owned. That was basically their white flag, and acknowledgement that they'll go back to their $400 million publicly funded palace and shut the hell up and leave all this to the grown ups.

You notice they didn't mention anything about helping 'fund' the study, only participate... bunch of clowns.

Love this!

kobebryant

Reaction score
I think the Mariners should be significantly worried that the arrival of NBA/NHL teams would force them to step up their product or risk a big fall. A competetive new Sonics team and one bloody grudge match against the Canucks and the Mariners tumble to the bottom of the totem pole - their sport just can't compare with hockey and hoops. They really should be making nice with their potential new neighbours.

jkitsune

Reaction score
The idea that baseball can't compete with the NBA and NHL is laughable, even as a hockey fan. Baseball is far more widely appreciated and attended than either sport, particularly the latter. If the Mariners can't compete financially it will be purely because they've put out a lousy product, as you said, not because of the sport itself.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
jkitsune":36d09txe said:
The idea that baseball can't compete with the NBA and NHL is laughable, even as a hockey fan. Baseball is far more widely appreciated and attended than either sport, particularly the latter. If the Mariners can't compete financially it will be purely because they've put out a lousy product, as you said, not because of the sport itself.

Not to mention the seasons barely overlap. If anything, NBA & NHL teams should be territorial. Not MLB teams who have the entire summer to themselves.

Shame to Howard and Chucks as usual. Just like they've messed up this organization the past decade, they're doing the same PR wise with this issue. IDIOTS.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
They did a study comparing the M's 2011 season with the 2011 season of the Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Coyotes... only 4 days overlapped with two events on the same day. Never 3 events in one day.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Msfann":2wk8getl said:
Can we get Hanson to buy the M's too?!

I'm sure he'd love too, he's a huge M's fan too. Maybe someday down the road when he has enough money after getting this arena done and owns an NBA franchise for awhile?

Latest posts