Are NFL outcomes fixed?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Fixed is institutional. Even if we had crooked refs during XL (I don't believe we did), that wouldn't be a 'fixed' game. Refs can only do so much.

NFL doesn't need to fix games. If they did, it would be San Francisco vs. Dallas in the NFC championship game and Pittsburgh vs. Jets.

Sturm

Reaction score
I don't believe they're 'fixed' but I do believe they will slant it towards one team for ratings.

The two instances that always come to mind are the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and last year's SB where the lights went out once Baltimore got a huge lead. If they can make a call or two that looks halfway legit, I think the refs will make it to help with ratings...but they can only do so much without tarnishing the game.

As for the players being paid off...the only way it would work would be to pay off one of the QBs. And the only QB I ever thought was paid off was the Steeler QB in the SB that one year who threw 2 INTs right to the defender. Forgot who that QB was but it looked real bad.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The refs weren't trying to fix XL so much as they were trying to shut up Joey Porter after his accusations that they tried to screw the Steelers in the AFC Championship.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sturm":3llwnbaj said:
I don't believe they're 'fixed' but I do believe they will slant it towards one team for ratings.

The two instances that always come to mind are the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and last year's SB where the lights went out once Baltimore got a huge lead. If they can make a call or two that looks halfway legit, I think the refs will make it to help with ratings...but they can only do so much without tarnishing the game.

As for the players being paid off...the only way it would work would be to pay off one of the QBs. And the only QB I ever thought was paid off was the Steeler QB in the SB that one year who threw 2 INTs right to the defender. Forgot who that QB was but it looked real bad.
Neil O'Donnell.....and he made the corner from Dullass that pick sixed him those times a very rich man.....I can't remember his name but he was basically never heard from again. But really who cares, it was Pissburgh vs. Dullass.