Appears many are bailing

Parallax

Reaction score
You honestly think you would do better than JS? Sarcasm?
Setting aside your sarcasm, I'm going to address your question with sincerity. It depends what you mean by "better". My Seahawks would win less games now. Probably way less. The idea would be to delay gratification in order to begin again from a more solid foundation. To make it more likely to reach the promised land (a team with a realistic shot at the Superbowl) within a few years. By refusing to rebuild, there's a risk we'll remain in this limbo, halfway between good and bad. My version of the Seahawks would focus on getting bad to accumulate the draft capital and cap space to rapidly get good again. I don't know if my version of the Hawks would succeed at getting truly competitive again. I'm pretty sure I could effectively tear the team down in a way that would open the potential for that to happen, but tearing down is easier than rebuilding. I definitely lack Schneider's knowledge of the game and ability to spot talent so when it came time to rebuild, I'd want a lot of talent people around. Our best scouts and football minds.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's not as easy as you think it is. Very easy to say "I would have done this"

Kind of doesn't work that way. Not trying to argue, but I highly doubt you could run a team, let alone do a better job.

Parallax

Reaction score
It's not as easy as you think it is. Very easy to say "I would have done this"

Kind of doesn't work that way. Not trying to argue, but I highly doubt you could run a team, let alone do a better job.
That's probably true. Just as I probably could do your job, or you, mine.

Mase

Reaction score
- I am prone to mocking irrational fans, and how they think they could always do better at GM or coach. Or even funnier are the ones who think they can play. The GM role I am not as dismissive, as I think there have been some awful GMs. Although you can often follow their worst decisions up to the owners box.

- I respect the desire to "tear it down and rebuild". It just doesn't work. Even NBA teams that have just five starters can't do it well. Also much easier to scout the NBA. You can't "rebuild" 26 functional starters within a year or two. You have to have a framework with solid players already there, and use free agency and the draft to augment as needed.

- The key is always the QB, and teams will take crazy risks to get one. It's why I found the Howell move aggressive, but am totally fine with it. Giving a 3rd for a 4th to get a young QB with legitimate upside. Absolutely. Some of the most wasted first round draft capital in the past was aimed at QB. Russell, Druckenmiller, Ponder, McGwire, Trubisky, etc.

Mase

DirectMessage

Reaction score
I get the sentiment of "you think you can do better?". But the reality is there are alot of morons in the front offices of the NFL, just like the business world. It's not like there are 4 or 8 year college courses in NFL front office. Infact you have to be somewhat slow to go into such a rarefied field looking for employment.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
it's been 10 years...........but please continue to ignore the defense giving up a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter. That was a team loss.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
It's a business as well, need fans butts in the stands and people to watch on TV, if you throw in the towel people in this day and age don't come just because they are fans, they come to see the team win, or have a chance at least. The old Blue collar fans are almost a distance memory. Todays Techno Fans just move on to another thing till it becomes a socially acceptable place to go again. That's almost all sports with few exceptions like Green Bay where it's the only game in town really for a long distance. Look at the Washington Redskins, yes I still call them that, that used to have a waiting list of 50,000 for season tickets, not anymore, there are empty seats.

Therefore teams have to maintain a level of competition and be shrewd in Free Agency and the Draft. If you have a sharp GM you keep him, blessed with a owner that doesn't meddle is a big plus also.

GemCity

Reaction score
it's been 10 years...........make you continue to ignore the defense giving up a 10-point lead in the 4th quarter. That was a team loss.
Sure but….a lot of teams give up points in the 4th quarter.

Way more than those that throw an INT under the same circumstances.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, still holding on to that a decade later. Clearly it was ONLY one person's fault. Not the several factors that went into it.
Meh, I retired from that subject LONG ago. Do you........

And for the record, I was at that game, it happened right in front of me.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
The absolute absolution of our star quarterback, who had just lost us a Super Bowl, asking for more weapons in regards to the Graham trade is one of the weirdest things on this board. It was a direct result of the interception in that Wilson wanted better red zone threats. We threw the ball to Ricardo freaking Lockette for Pete's sake.
(Boldface and color emphasis is mine)

Well, technically, Wilson threw the ball to Malcolm freaking Butler.