Anyone watching the NE-Philly game? How's Carter?

knownone

Reaction score
Carter had six pressures and a sack. PFF gave him a 92.1 overall rating.

I won't judge the situation until Witherspoon and Carter play more games. But this certainly has the potential to be a catastrophic draft miss.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Carter tied for the most pressures by a rookie defender in the last five years. Passing on massive talent at our worst position because he looked lazy in one workout is going to look like all those teams that said "What about DK's three-cone?!?".

Maybe, time will tell.

But there's a fatal flaw in the logic that "player X we didn't draft is doing awesome, and therefore would be awesome here."

Dozens of other factors go into a player's success, or failure. Carter literally went to the best case scenario he could have ever dreamed of. SB ready team, one of the best if not THE best D-line in the entire league, and a couple old friends on the line to keep him on the straight and narrow.

Let's be honest, if he was here? He'd be double teamed all game cause the rest of the line is garbage. Doesn't mean we probably should have drafted him, but it does mean what he does in Philly doesn't = what he'd do here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
every time a player has a good game somewhere else......Pete and John suck! Every.......single........year.......

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

I won't judge the situation until Witherspoon and Carter play more games. But this certainly has the potential to be a catastrophic draft miss.
by EVERY team that picked before 9. Not just Seattle. IF it came down to it. I have a hard time thinking that guy doesn't implode at some point.

hoxrox

Reaction score

Yeah it's only one game. But so far, Carter 1. Spoon 0.

knownone

Reaction score
by EVERY team that picked before 9. Not just Seattle. IF it came down to it. I have a hard time thinking that guy doesn't implode at some point.
Not necessarily. Seattle's most significant need was a disruptive interior lineman. That's not true of every team drafting ahead of the Eagles. Three of those teams needed QBs. Only the Raiders had a similar need and scheme fit, and they addressed it with Tyree Wilson (who also looked good this weekend).

It's too early to overreact one way or the other. So we'll see how things play out.