Anyone up for a Frank Clark Reunion?

BASF

Reaction score
I think too many people look at his season stats and shake their head. He's had a LOT of subpar regular season games, but he always seems to make a big splash when it comes time to make the playoffs. His salary is basically vet minimum for us and he could be used rotationally to keep guys fresh. I think it could be a win win for us. I don't really see much of a downside to it as long as we keep the compensation minimal.
Downside would be taking reps away from guys who have given their all to be on the team since the offseason only to give them to someone who dogs it during the regular season. Good way to screw with chemistry and the mentality of younger players who have earned their reps.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think too many people look at his season stats and shake their head. He's had a LOT of subpar regular season games, but he always seems to make a big splash when it comes time to make the playoffs. His salary is basically vet minimum for us and he could be used rotationally to keep guys fresh. I think it could be a win win for us. I don't really see much of a downside to it as long as we keep the compensation minimal.

Clark is a traditional 4-3 edge rusher, he really doesn't fit into what the Hawks are doing right now with their hybrid 3-4 and more versatile edge guys.

Especially now that he's clearly past his prime. Besides, we already have Taylor soaking up all the every 4th game splash plays under achiever.

If we're adding cap and trading for a D-lineman, I'd rather do it for an interior player.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Downside would be taking reps away from guys who have given their all to be on the team since the offseason only to give them to someone who dogs it during the regular season. Good way to screw with chemistry and the mentality of younger players who have earned their reps.

Rotational play for pass rushers keeps guys fresh and fast and able to make more plays. As far as chemistry goes, that didn't seem to be an issue when he was here before, so I'm not sure why it would be one now.

To be honest, Clark isn't the kind of guy I'd want to sign to a long term deal or anything, he's the type of player that I'd really only want as a rental type player to help us out for now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rotational play for pass rushers keeps guys fresh and fast and able to make more plays. As far as chemistry goes, that didn't seem to be an issue when he was here before, so I'm not sure why it would be one now.

To be honest, Clark isn't the kind of guy I'd want to sign to a long term deal or anything, he's the type of player that I'd really only want as a rental type player to help us out for now.

I betcha he goes back to KC.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Yes I am. Why? 4th qtr. Playoffs. He drops 12 pounds and he’s our playoff run rotational Chris Clemons.

BASF

Reaction score

That is when he was a hungry up and coming player. He has not been giving full effort during the regular season for at least three years now. Asking our hungry up and coming guys to lower their snap counts for a guy who dogs it will screw with chemistry. A good example of this is what happened with Percy Harvin here.

kidhawk

Reaction score
That is when he was a hungry up and coming player. He has not been giving full effort during the regular season for at least three years now. Asking our hungry up and coming guys to lower their snap counts for a guy who dogs it will screw with chemistry. A good example of this is what happened with Percy Harvin here.

Two things about Harvin:

1) He wasn't a short term rental brought in and used sparingly

2) We did win the Lombardi

Polk738

Reaction score
Frank Clark is a 4-3 DE who is too big and slow for this type of scheme the Seahawks are playing now, he doesn't fit anywhere in the base nickel package they run and would probably be more of a liability than an asset.

hawks85

Reaction score
We don't need anymore Edge rushers. We need some interior DT. Besides, Clark is overrated anyway and he's getting traded to Denver.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
No - he would take too many of Hall's snaps.

Hall was a disappointment on draft day, but has sure looked the part of a solid rotational guy the last few weeks.

FLSeahawk

Reaction score
If John and Pete think it’s a good move then I’m for it but I wouldn’t be upset if he goes somewhere else. I’m excited about our young talent and don’t want to unnecessarily take reps away from them or mess up any team chemistry.

Although I read he’s only going to cost whatever team he gets traded to around $900k.

At that price I could see him as a 5 snap a game, 3rd and 10+ situations when we could use 3 DE’s and an OLB to rush. I wouldn’t play him in the OLB position, I would have him in the 3 or 5 tech when we want maximum pressure from 4 rushers. But our sack and QB pressure numbers are good so far, so maybe he’s not an upgrade to what we have on the roster already.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
We don't need anymore Edge rushers. We need some interior DT. Besides, Clark is overrated anyway and he's getting traded to Denver.

Traded where, now? I think you meant to type something else, because he's been on the Broncos roster (he signed with them in June and even had two assisted tackles for them in their opening-week losing effort against the Raiders), and I don't think the Broncos can trade with themselves.

Of course, if they could, Paton vs. Paton raises an interesting situation: how could he manage to badly lose both sides of the trade?

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
For those that don’t like Taylor’s issues, this should be a hard pass. Not a chance he’s going to be back this season.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Isn't Frank headed to prison soon for a thousand years for carrying a gun on Air Force One or some s**t? Whatever happened to his annual illegal weapons charge/arrest?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

I’m pickin up what you’re laying down brother.