Anyone think Bevell finally learned his lesson this game?

C-Dub

Reaction score
Maybe it's a bold strategy to make people think we won't run it in, and then POW! In the Superb Owl he'll unleash the Beast on the 1 yard line.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
That was Wilson's first INT in the red zone EVER. Bevell should have known he was due.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
I have stayed out of this argument, but at this point PC needs to sit his OC down and have a chat.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1fo6fdvn said:
bestfightstory":1fo6fdvn said:
I hope not. I love the concept of doing numerous things at the goal line, but then I trust the ball in Wilson's hands.

Exactly. It was first down, it was a shitty throw by Wilson. I'd be willing to bet money the plan was to run on 2nd down if the play on 1st doesn't work. We were running all day. People around here are crazy.
This 1000x.
People act like Wilson HAD to throw that.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I actually think the offensive play calling looked pretty good compared to our other games this season.

We ran it a healthy amount, but also mixed in the pass game pretty well while still including Lynch in plays even if it wasn't a guaranteed run call. Seemed like this kept them from being able to easily predict when Lynch would be running. Lynch was destroying them on many carries, while in other games he seemed to get stuffed a lot more often since it was so predictable.

We also seemed to try a few more plays to get the ball out of Wilson's hands quickly, or to go for high percentage 10 yard type throws.

To me it honestly just looked like some very unlucky and uncharacteristic plays are the only reason we didn't destroy them.

Our first drive was looking very strong up until Wilson's first interception where he would normally have hit the open Zach Miller.

And our second interception also looked like it was a very high probability to be a touchdown with at least one wide open receiver, the defender just made an amazing play.

And then with Kearse's fumble that was pretty bad. I don't think he seems like a great returner, Golden Tate is much more explosive. I think they're just trying to get Kearse to feel involved in the offense ASAP. But I wouldn't want to see him returning anymore unless we have a huge lead or something.

If you take away those 3 plays which to me seemed sort of like freakish/random flukes, I think we would of put up a ton of points and won comfortably.

skittles89

Reaction score
I think it's hard to be mad when your team starts 8-1..And yes, we've won our last two games.. But they have been nail biters against really poor opponents. The Rams and Bucs are both sub par teams.. But if Bevell makes those same stupid calls against the Saints or 9ers.. That could cost us a win. Inside the 5 yard line on 1st and goal, give the ball to Marshawn no matter what!

mrblitz

Reaction score
someone in the gameday chat was saying russell for offensive coordinator. that would be really cool, and another unprecedented-type-of-move on pete's part.

hawker84

Reaction score
bestfightstory":28pv9cfi said:
I hope not. I love the concept of doing numerous things at the goal line, but then I trust the ball in Wilson's hands.

This... gotta keep the D guessing...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It was a (potentially) stupid play call, but Wilson has to know not to lob the ball over the middle.

Seeker

Reaction score
Didn't he try to have a play for Russell at the end of the game when we were driving with lynch and almost lost the ball (the one where Russell had to give himself up and take a knee) and we had to take a field goal instead of let lynch drive it in?

he has something against lynch.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Seeker":vq3i480g said:
Didn't he try to have a play for Russell at the end of the game when we were driving with lynch and almost lost the ball (the one where Russell had to give himself up and take a knee) and we had to take a field goal instead of let lynch drive it in?

That wasn't a play call for Russell, that was your standard "kneel on the proper hash for the fieldgoal" type play. We had zero thoughts of going for the end-zone at that point and for good reason.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":16jgkj9i said:
Seeker":16jgkj9i said:

That wasn't a play call for Russell, that was your standard "kneel on the proper hash for the fieldgoal" type play. We had zero thoughts of going for the end-zone at that point and for good reason.

Seeker, please tell us you were being sarcastic. If only to save face.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bevell called a decent game.

Some of you seem to be parroting the Fox announcers.