Another inspiring assessment from Kaepernick...

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
I had 4 years of Kap in the old wac. I know what I saw. Until he becomes a passer instead of a thrower, Kap is going to struggle.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Carmon1274":2gjdge9z said:
The problem I see with the 49ers is that when they are pressured, Kap checks down to FB/RB.

Isn't that kind of the "1 read" problem people were saying Kaep was? Maybe checking down to the FB/RB isn't the same as taking off running, but it's pretty close.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1sdjpknu said:
I'm still trying to figure out why the talking heads anointed the guy in the first place.

Well, primarily because unlike all the other young guys who were knocked out by the divisional round, he took his team to the Super Bowl, but also because he was as statistically good or better than all the other young guys.

He sure is looking like crap these last two weeks, but as for last year, I think the answer is kinda obvious? It's like asking why the media took notice of Wilson and fell in love with him in the second half of the season when he started playing better. ;)

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Popeyejones":18u5wk1v said:
SNDavidson":18u5wk1v said:
I'm still trying to figure out why the talking heads anointed the guy in the first place.

Well, primarily because unlike all the other young guys who were knocked out by the divisional round, he took his team to the Super Bowl, but also because he was as statistically good or better than all the other young guys.

He sure is looking like crap these last two weeks, but as for last year, I think the answer is kinda obvious? It's like asking why the media took notice of Wilson and fell in love with him in the second half of the season when he started playing better. ;)

Except people took notice of Wilson not just because of his on the field play, but mainly because of his off the field leadership and hard work. Go back and watch Wilson's press conferences after a couple of losses last year, at no point does he come off like a spoiled little brat. Your QB is taking on the personality of your head coach, and it isn't very becoming.

I actually was a big fan of Kaep coming out of college, wanted Seahawks to draft him. I am now of the opinion that he may just be the MOST unlikable QB in the NFL and that is saying something. When Roethlisberger, Cutler, and Rivers all seems to be more mature than Kaep that is a bad sign for the 49ers.

freezefail

Reaction score
HawksFTW":3tqip1sd said:
Popeyejones":3tqip1sd said:
SNDavidson":3tqip1sd said:

Except people took notice of Wilson not just because of his on the field play, but mainly because of his off the field leadership and hard work. Go back and watch Wilson's press conferences after a couple of losses last year, at no point does he come off like a spoiled little brat. Your QB is taking on the personality of your head coach, and it isn't very becoming.

I actually was a big fan of Kaep coming out of college, wanted Seahawks to draft him. I am now of the opinion that he may just be the MOST unlikable QB in the NFL and that is saying something. When Roethlisberger, Cutler, and Rivers all seems to be more mature than Kaep that is a bad sign for the 49ers.

I'm a 49er fan, but I have to agree, sometimes it gets annoying watching kaep in front of the camera. Harbaugh I feel is getting better ? a bit? He seems to have a little more personality than before. But kaep just seems like moping all day with his emotionless short answers. Its really bothersome. But I can also relate to how he "may" be feeling. I've personally been that way before. Your supposedly suppose to lead your group, and when you lose, it feels like its all your fault.
Albiet, more mature players will handle it better (i.e alex smith/wilson), but I'm assuming Kaep still needs to grow up and take it at face value. But I think he's beating himself up more for the losses than we want to believe. I hope eventually he takes a page out of alex smith's book of personality. That guy went to hell and back with us. He deserves the 3-0 at KC right now.

hawk45

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see if Kaepernick still struggles when he starts to get all his weapons back. I can't imagine RW looking fantastic with no Zach Miller, no Tate, no Rice, and no run game. Even if Kaepernick isn't quite the progression guy yet, it strikes me as possible, perhaps likely even, that maybe he's panicking *this* year after read 1 isn't open because he has no confidence in anybody after that first read.

I'm also not convinced that Alex Smith would be doing much better in this situation, with the lack of weapons. Alex would complete more of the short passes perhaps, but that puts a ton of pressure on the offense to be perfect because you need a hundred completions/plays to drive the field. Maybe Smith would limit the turnovers....I don't know if I'm convinced of that either. Against us, Kaepernick really only started forcing things near the end when it was evident we were pulling away. That's a recipe for any QB to start forcing things.

I will defer to the folks who watched him at Nevada, regarding his lack of touch. That is something that has been showing up. Everything is on a line, which is impressive in terms of arm strength, but can make for a maddeningly inconsistent QB experience.

I don't know how much I think Kaepernick's post game presser pouting makes a difference, but it is gratifying after how he soaked up all the positive media attention during the offseason to see him deal with some of the negative. The hype was SO overwhelming during the offseason and after the GB game. The hype was pretty fevered for RW as well, but then Russell had the early struggles last year to temper him a bit.

freezefail

Reaction score
hawk45":26q15x45 said:
It'll be interesting to see if Kaepernick still struggles when he starts to get all his weapons back. I can't imagine RW looking fantastic with no Zach Miller, no Tate, no Rice, and no run game. Even if Kaepernick isn't quite the progression guy yet, it strikes me as possible, perhaps likely even, that maybe he's panicking *this* year after read 1 isn't open because he has no confidence in anybody after that first read.

I'm also not convinced that Alex Smith would be doing much better in this situation, with the lack of weapons. Alex would complete more of the short passes perhaps, but that puts a ton of pressure on the offense to be perfect because you need a hundred completions/plays to drive the field. Maybe Smith would limit the turnovers....I don't know if I'm convinced of that either. Against us, Kaepernick really only started forcing things near the end when it was evident we were pulling away. That's a recipe for any QB to start forcing things.

I will defer to the folks who watched him at Nevada, regarding his lack of touch. That is something that has been showing up. Everything is on a line, which is impressive in terms of arm strength, but can make for a maddeningly inconsistent QB experience.

I don't know how much I think Kaepernick's post game presser pouting makes a difference, but it is gratifying after how he soaked up all the positive media attention during the offseason to see him deal with some of the negative. The hype was SO overwhelming during the offseason and after the GB game. The hype was pretty fevered for RW as well, but then Russell had the early struggles last year to temper him a bit.

:th2thumbs: Whats really sad is in yesterday game, you could see him go through each read like twice, and NOBODY was open.

Latest posts