Andy Reid/Alex Smith

13thMan

Reaction score
I might need to retract my earlier comment on this subject. Alex Smith played the entire 1st half with his 1s vs. primarily the 49ers 2s.... and it was UGLY! Whoa! So.... I guess the jury is still out on the resurgent Chiefs. If I was a KC fan though, that game would definitely be cause for concern!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2uuctuam said:
peachesenregalia":2uuctuam said:
I never believe stories like this. I mean, we hear trade rumors and stuff all the time while they're happening, why would this only just now be coming out? It's nonsense. Reid just trying to save face for what I believe will be a bad trade.
We never heard about a potential Lynch trade, and Schneider had been calling about him for weeks.

I buy that Reid liked Alex, Alex seems just what Reid would like. The eagles had enough cap to sign a mannequin maybe, there was no way they could swing a deal for him as a free agent when he was available.

But I don't buy that he tried to repeatedly trade with the Niners in the middle of last year. Alex got concussed and relegated to the bench after the trade deadline. Were the Eagles calling the NIners to inquire about trading for Alex when he was starting, no way.

My guess is it wasn't last year that he was trying to do that trade. Perhaps when Alex was sitting on the bench behind Sean Hill or -shiver- JT O'Sullivan. Just because he was tring to trade for him doesn't mean he was looking at Smith as an immediate starter.

Latest posts