Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson?

C-Dub

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":361hpjna said:
RiverDog":361hpjna said:
Johnny":361hpjna said:
Wilson = Luck

They're both very good QBs and both will have successful careers... I'm just glad we found a good QB in the draft...

Now, If the question was, 'Who is the better deal?', The answer would have to be Wilson he is easily a top 6 QB in the league and only making a little over $600k is a bargain for what he brings to this team.

True, but that advantage will disappear shortly. Russell is going to be making a huge amount of money and we're going to have some tough decisions to make a few years down the road. That's why I'm in such a "the future is now" mode, as I'm not sure how long we can hold things together.

True that! Seahawks fans are going to be shocked at how much we wind up paying Wilson for his second contract.
By that time we'll have so many guys off the books, so I'm not too worried about his contract. Plus he's too short to get a big contract.
:sarcasm_off:

Superstar QBs get superstar contracts. Shit...even mediocre QBs like Flacco get superstar contracts. Ok...so maybe I'm a little worried. ;)

I just think it's pretty damn sweet to be even having this conversation. 3rd round midget QB in the same sentence as Luck. Way to go JS and PC!

HawkWow

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3od1sn8e said:
OH give it a break with this running game argument. I have seen this pointed out OVER and OVER and OVER again. If a running game was so damn helpful why have the Vikings QBs looked like absolute shit with the greatest RB OF ALL TIME on their team. AP had one of the best Seasons of all time last year and the passing game still looked like crap. Lynch didnt do shit against the Vikings until the end of the game when we had allready won. Wilson completely took care of business without much help from him last week. Where was the help from the rushing game in that Atl playoff game down 20. Sure looked like Wilson took the team on his back and had a hell of a 2nd half. OBV it helps but it also takes away TDs and Yardage, yet somehow Wilson is still doing pretty well in that. I dont see how we fault Wilson because some of his teammates dont suck. Also the Seahawks seem to WANT to be a power running football team which once again Wilson doesnt have control over.

Ya Lynch is great. Our Oline is pretty good at RUN BLOCKING, but in Pass Blocking they are not very good and we had backups at BOTH tackle positions for most of the year. Rice was also obv not 100% and the WR core is now better with him not playing. I love our WRs but we still do not really have that #1 type WR like AJ Green, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald etc.

Maybe Luck will be great one day and Wilson will fall off, who knows. But I cant believe all the talk about Luck its rediculous. All this talk about a QB who has been maybe just above average at best for his career. There are 13 other QBs who have a better rating than Luck THIS season, and 24 or so last year. You would think with all this Hype and Talk he is getting he would be tearing the league up but hes not. Face it, he has merely been average to above average. Sure he has had his comebacks and game winning drives but Wilson has done the EXACT same thing.

I cant believe some of you so called fans would prefer Luck over Wilson. I guess Wilson having the best rating in the history of the seahawks as a rookie, tieing mannings TD record as a rookie, winning a road playoff game twice (defense blew the ATL game), and now leading this team to a 10-1 record with an even higher rating of 105, and WILL have the most wins EVER for a qb in their first 2 years can STILL want Luck. It makes me sick :pukeface:

The colts were a better team than the Seahawks until Manning got hurt and they tanked the season for Luck. Like I have said before its not like Wilson walked onto a team that had been winning 10+ games for several seasons and had that winning culture and leadership there. He came in after the Seahawks had just commited to Flynn with some big money, and TOOK the job from him. Wilson was not handed anything, he earned it and had to do everything exceptionally well to be named starter IMO. Wayne is also way better than Sidney Rice will ever be. Outside of his 1 year with Favre Rice has been Average to Below Average and injury ridden.

The real Wilson would never talk this way. Think about it. Think about how sad you would make RW if he were to read your posts. What if you made him cry with this stuff...you know, like the commercial with the Indian on the side of the littered road? What if his tears clouded his vision, causing him to take a flying salmon upside the head? DO YOU EVEN CARE THAT YOUR INFATUATION MAY CAUSE RUSSELL WILSON TO TAKE A FLYING FISH UPSIDE HIS ^&%^$ HEAD?

I think RW himself would encourage you to conduct yourself just a bit better when using his name as your screen name. Such acts do come with responsibility. Would you discard your massengel bottle at the feet of Geronimo? Then why do this?

Until you tighten it up, perhaps even showing Andy Luck a little love in the process (like RW would do), I for one, will no longer think of our Russell Wilson when I see your screen name. No. instead, I will think of that volleyball Tom Hanks undoubtedly had relations with. I sincerely doubt Russell Wilson wants people to think of a sexually abused volleyball when they see his name.

Look what you've done.

RiverDog

Reaction score
By that time we'll have so many guys off the books, so I'm not too worried about his contract. Plus he's too short to get a big contract.

Superstar QBs get superstar contracts. Shit...even mediocre QBs like Flacco get superstar contracts. Ok...so maybe I'm a little worried. ;)

I just think it's pretty damn sweet to be even having this conversation. 3rd round midget QB in the same sentence as Luck. Way to go JS and PC![/quote]

Russell is in the second year of a 4 year contract, and I believe that he can start negotiating for a new contract after his 3rd year, so we aren't going to be getting this bargain basement price on him much longer, and with All Pros like Sherman, Thomas, Okung, et al coming due for their second contracts, keeping them all in the fold is going to be a difficult task.

But I do agree that we cross that bridge when we come to it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":1g4amukh said:
HawkWow":1g4amukh said:
c_hawkbob":1g4amukh said:
Why do you want the thread to die? You don't really suppose the final word on this matter has been spoken do you?

The Wilson/Luck comparison is gonna be relevant for a very long time.

A voice of reason.

Isn't this fun people?? Why so sensitive to the topic? Let us hope these two battle for the top spot for the next decade and beyond. Do you think this pitting QB vs QB was invented to detract from RW's greatness? Whether it was Starr vs. Stabauch or Marino vs. Elway, debating QBs is what fans (of the sport, not team) do. With new posters like C-Hawkbob rolling in, such debates are sure to educate while providing entertainment.

Hey Bob...knew you a couple years back at the PI. I was Chuckwow then. Which is slang for masturbation (in Thai). Hawkwow gives me a similar thrill, though. ; )

BTW Bob...Luck or Wilson?

Cool! Good seeing folks here I recognize.

Luck and Wilson are neck and neck in just about all ways as I see it. On the field, in the locker room and in the press. Luck may get a few more nods as the single best but Russ gets his too. Besides, I think it's about appropriate that way, even in light of our O-line issues Luck doesn't have as good a supporting cast as Russ does. As for who I personally prefer; I'll take our guy of course! I just love that he's as in love with Seattle and the 12th man as Seattle and the 12th man are in love with him. I also love his story, love that he was a 3rd round pick (and a "reach" at that) and that he played baseball and that he's too damn short to play QB in the NFL. I wouldn't change things if I could.

I think Russ and Luck are going to be linked for their careers, and I couldn't be happier about it. It's better to be the best among the best competition. A warrior measures his greatness by the strength of his enemies.

Totally agree. Barring the unforeseen, these two are going to push each other to undeniable greatness. This is looking more and more like '83. Tannehill can only hope to become Jim Kelly, Griffin disappointing like Todd Blackledge and the cream of that crop pushed each other to greatness. RW = Elway, Luck= Marino.

Saw Rott in another thread, C-Bob and RiverDog in this one. ...someone else from the PI too, but I can't recall whom (atm). Someone start a revolution over there? Good to see you guys.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RiverDog":kde8isoq said:

I just think it's pretty damn sweet to be even having this conversation. 3rd round midget QB in the same sentence as Luck. Way to go JS and PC!

Russell is in the second year of a 4 year contract, and I believe that he can start negotiating for a new contract after his 3rd year, so we aren't going to be getting this bargain basement price on him much longer, and with All Pros like Sherman, Thomas, Okung, et al coming due for their second contracts, keeping them all in the fold is going to be a difficult task.

But I do agree that we cross that bridge when we come to it.[/quote]

Unless RW wants to be gentle (and why would / should he?), I would have to consider letting him play out the 4 years then F-tag him in the 5th. He's getting top 5 money no matter what. This way, we optimize his value and should he still be healthy and RW at the end of year 5...you go ahead and sign him to a $100 mil deal over the following 5 years. Or am I missing something with this angle?

RiverDog

Reaction score
HawkWow":17jn2quq said:
c_hawkbob":17jn2quq said:
HawkWow":17jn2quq said:
c_hawkbob":17jn2quq said:
Why do you want the thread to die? You don't really suppose the final word on this matter has been spoken do you?

The Wilson/Luck comparison is gonna be relevant for a very long time.

A voice of reason.

Isn't this fun people?? Why so sensitive to the topic? Let us hope these two battle for the top spot for the next decade and beyond. Do you think this pitting QB vs QB was invented to detract from RW's greatness? Whether it was Starr vs. Stabauch or Marino vs. Elway, debating QBs is what fans (of the sport, not team) do. With new posters like C-Hawkbob rolling in, such debates are sure to educate while providing entertainment.

Hey Bob...knew you a couple years back at the PI. I was Chuckwow then. Which is slang for masturbation (in Thai). Hawkwow gives me a similar thrill, though. ; )

BTW Bob...Luck or Wilson?

Cool! Good seeing folks here I recognize.

Luck and Wilson are neck and neck in just about all ways as I see it. On the field, in the locker room and in the press. Luck may get a few more nods as the single best but Russ gets his too. Besides, I think it's about appropriate that way, even in light of our O-line issues Luck doesn't have as good a supporting cast as Russ does. As for who I personally prefer; I'll take our guy of course! I just love that he's as in love with Seattle and the 12th man as Seattle and the 12th man are in love with him. I also love his story, love that he was a 3rd round pick (and a "reach" at that) and that he played baseball and that he's too damn short to play QB in the NFL. I wouldn't change things if I could.

I think Russ and Luck are going to be linked for their careers, and I couldn't be happier about it. It's better to be the best among the best competition. A warrior measures his greatness by the strength of his enemies.

Totally agree. Barring the unforeseen, these two are going to push each other to undeniable greatness. This is looking more and more like '83. Tannehill can only hope to become Jim Kelly, Griffin disappointing like Todd Blackledge and the cream of that crop pushed each other to greatness. RW = Elway, Luck= Marino.

Saw Rott in another thread, C-Bob and RiverDog in this one. ...someone else from the PI too, but I can't recall whom (atm). Someone start a revolution over there? Good to see you guys.

The PI announced earlier this week that they're shutting down all the forums on Nov. 30th, so expect to see more of us PI regulars. Most have migrated to The Blue, but a few of us are posting in here.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Ah. The newspaper business is a tough one in these times. I don't know much about 'Blue'..but one thing that jumps out here is the steady traffic and influx of new members. We actually get some really good posters that follow other teams. Their opinions invaluable as we navigate towards the 2013 playoffs. Hopefully your closest allies will follow you here.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":2ilo2q82 said:
I don't even think most will remember Lucks name outside being picked #1 overall when it's all said and done. He'll be an average QB for his entire career.

Say what??? Giving Luck praise takes nothing away from RW. It seems like some of our fanbase feels like it does though

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3ilm21e0 said:
AF_Hawk":3ilm21e0 said:
I don't even think most will remember Lucks name outside being picked #1 overall when it's all said and done. He'll be an average QB for his entire career.

Say what??? Giving Luck praise takes nothing away from RW. It seems like some of our fanbase feels like it does though

I'm talking in the distant future, not short term. My comment has nothing to do with RW, hence why I didn't mention him. I just don't see him succeeding to the extent that everyone else does.

HawkWow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":vgiq8wzb said:
AF_Hawk":vgiq8wzb said:

I'm waiting to get attacked for comparing Wilson to Elway.

RiverDog

Reaction score
HawkWow":25xq6dav said:
Ah. The newspaper business is a tough one in these times. I don't know much about 'Blue'..but one thing that jumps out here is the steady traffic and influx of new members. We actually get some really good posters that follow other teams. Their opinions invaluable as we navigate towards the 2013 playoffs. Hopefully your closest allies will follow you here.

The PI had been on a steady decline ever since the print version went under. The site hadn't made any significant changes or improvements in 5 years and many of their current features from their last upgrade never worked. Trolls were allowed to hang around for years insulting our area and our team, so long as they conformed within a very general set of terms. Poster behavior was loosely monitored. The site was as slow as molasses, overloaded with advertising. A lot of good posters left and weren't being replaced at the same rate at which they were leaving.

The Blue is a good site and most of the PI guys have taken refuge in there, at least for the time being, although like this one, it has it's drawbacks. Both are far superior, at least in terms of management, to that of the former PI forum. The word is out that you guys exist, so I would expect an increase of new posters over the course of the next few weeks as other former members of the PI forum find their way in here.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I see. Some things make more sense to me now, thanks to your post, RD. In the PI sports news section, I would see a heading like "Okung out with ankle injury, expected to miss 6- 8 weeks". I'd be like...NO, not again..you gotta' be kidding me?! Only to learn the article was 3 years old (though displayed as though it was new).

There's a lot of mods on this board that as far as I can tell, do a great job with trolls, while still being tolerant / sensible. I was called a troll here for saying I felt Rice was grossly overpaid. So you get the groupie element but that should be expected with so many members. Many it appears, uh...new to the sport and/or unfamiliar with the game outside of Seattle (or certainly football history). Which should also be expected considering our recent success.

vonstout

Reaction score
As much as I love Wilson, Luck is the better QB. Look what he did last year with a team that won a couple games the year before. As others have said, we got a lot more value, but every team in the league, including our Hawks would take Luck over RW if they had the choice. If RW was 4 or 5 inches taller, that might not be the case. Still love RW though.

Sac

Reaction score
vonstout":1tugr8xn said:
As much as I love Wilson, Luck is the better QB. Look what he did last year with a team that won a couple games the year before. As others have said, we got a lot more value, but every team in the league, including our Hawks would take Luck over RW if they had the choice. If RW was 4 or 5 inches taller, that might not be the case. Still love RW though.

You're insane. There is 0 evidence to date that Luck is better. 0.

What exactly would those theoretical 4 or 5 inches give Wilson? He's already proven he can play from the pocket and that his height isn't an issue.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
vonstout":2bznrbv0 said:

Luck might become the better quarterback, but Wilson has been, up to this point, the better quarterback and it really isn't even close. He throws for more yards per attempt, more touchdowns per attempt, a higher td/int ratio, and a higher completion percentage. As a Seahawks fan you should be ashamed of yourself for using height as the deciding factor. If you have watched him play you should know that height has not been an issue. In fact I believe what Russell is proving is that height has never been an issue, outside of the correlation it has with the most important physical attribute, hand size.

I also wanted to add, the Colts were a two win team WITH CURTIS PAINTER AT QUARTERBACK. Do you really believe the 2011 Seahawks would have done much better than 2 wins with that bum at qb?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
vonstout":21hryv5v said:

That wasn't the same team. That roster was completely overhauled with over half being shipped out. I believe at the start of the season, only 21 remained from the previous team so think of the Seahawks in 2010. Also, they had a new coach and a new GM so let's not pretend like it was all Luck

vonstout

Reaction score
I'm just giving my opinion. Am I happy to have RW? Absolutely. I just think Luck is a little better. There are a lot of posts on the topic. If you take Sea and Indy fans out of the equation, I don't think it would be very close. Again, just my opinion.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
vonstout":1ngg8yqb said:
I'm just giving my opinion. Am I happy to have RW? Absolutely. I just think Luck is a little better. There are a lot of posts on the topic. If you take Sea and Indy fans out of the equation, I don't think it would be very close. Again, just my opinion.

It wouldn't be close because they haven't seen Russell play very much, and are basing opinions off of the old tired height arguments. Sort of like you.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
vonstout":1xp9j2t0 said:
no problem with having an opinion, but when you say that Luck took a 2 win team to a playoff contender that's false

Anthony!

Reaction score
RiverDog":idmqth5z said:
The PI announced earlier this week that they're shutting down all the forums on Nov. 30th, so expect to see more of us PI regulars. Most have migrated to The Blue, but a few of us are posting in here.

I came here form the PI site also, and so far love it. Hey RD