Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Good point. Kind of like I was trying to say upthread. It's really a preference and style thing. Given the choice between Brady/Manning I prefer Brady. Same scenerio applied to Luck/Wilson I prefer Wilson.

Sac

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":27wgkfl1 said:
Will probably go down as top 3 QB of all time.

That's a bold claim with not nearly enough data to sport such an argument.

All the available data to date clearly shows Wilson as superior.

If you would really take Luck, can you give me a coherent, logical reason as to why?

C-Dub

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3s7vw7v3 said:
Good point. Kind of like I was trying to say upthread. It's really a preference and style thing. Given the choice between Brady/Manning I prefer Brady. Same scenerio applied to Luck/Wilson I prefer Wilson.
Because Brady and Wilson are both pretty?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":gc9esipz said:
MANUNITED23":gc9esipz said:

If you would really take Luck, can you give me a coherent, logical reason as to why?

He cant...just like everyone else on luck. Its just because he will ok...just take them for their word. :pukeface:

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'll take RW every day and any day of the week. There's no replacement for his attitude, work ethic, and ability to make plays out of nothing.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
If you have REALLY paid attention this past season and a half and still choose Luck then you need to get your eyes checked. Knowing who's better isn't just looking at stats, it's recognizing the IT factor. RW has IT without having the prototypical size. RW knows when to put the team on his back and rarely makes poor decisions that will be costly to the team. I am REALLY surprised some have chosen Luck over Wilson. What does Wilson have to do to prove the nay sayers wrong?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't really care which one is "better" than the other. Both are extremely talented, hard-working guys who appear to have excellent character. We've got our franchise QB and that's all that matters. And the Jags can't have him! LOL

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":207fa3sm said:
MANUNITED23":207fa3sm said:

He has a great arm, feet, physical tools and QB iq. He is a leader and makes players around him better. His potential and ceiling is absolutely great.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
C-Dub":1p90i30x said:
KCHawkGirl":1p90i30x said:
Because Brady and Wilson are both pretty?
There is that. But seriously, Brady and Wilson both have the ability to do more with less unlike Luck and Manning. Like I said it's a personal preference.

Sac

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":18heo0lg said:
SacHawk2.0":18heo0lg said:
MANUNITED23":18heo0lg said:

He has a great arm, feet, physical tools and QB iq. He is a leader and makes players around him better. His potential and ceiling is absolutely great.

In what way are the traits that you listed better than what RW brings to the table.

The Outfield

Reaction score
You guys that are defending RW forgot one thing. He's too short.

:roll:

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2xyhic05 said:
MANUNITED23":2xyhic05 said:
SacHawk2.0":2xyhic05 said:
MANUNITED23":2xyhic05 said:

In what way are the traits that you listed better than what RW brings to the table.

His physical tools set him apart.

Sac

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":3sss1rw5 said:
SacHawk2.0":3sss1rw5 said:
MANUNITED23":3sss1rw5 said:
SacHawk2.0":3sss1rw5 said:
MANUNITED23 said:

His physical tools set him apart.

lol, in what way are his"tools" better than RW's. Give me something solid.

MANUNITED23

Reaction score
His height for starters, his physical attributes are prototypical of an NFL QB. Mostly my opinion is based on a hunch a feeling that he going to be absolutely amazing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1kj5u3es said:
His height for starters, his physical attributes are prototypical of an NFL QB. Mostly my opinion is based on a hunch a feeling that he going to be absolutely amazing.
So he passes the eye test yet statistically he's being out performed by someone 2 inches to short of the gold standard yet even that has no basis in his case given he is a 5 tool athlete like baseball alway. yammers on about, exactly like Luck?

Sac

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1b5njlei said:

Given that Russell's numbers are better than Luck's in every possible way, what is it about Luck's height or "prototypical size" that has made you believe that he is better than Wilson in any way?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":1ibq9ulg said:
SacHawk2.0":1ibq9ulg said:
MANUNITED23":1ibq9ulg said:

Sounds like the PERFECT definition of Russell Wilson, and Wilson has put up the hard fought wins to prove it in the boot, incl. 10 & 1 this Season, right?, right.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson all the way. Luck is the prototypical QB and he's smart as hell, but he's not the magician that Russell is and can't match his Houdini skills. Luck will be great, but Wilson will be the greatest. I knew that when I saw him end Brian Urlacher's career, when has a QB ever done that and then had that player show him complete respect?

Plus Russell is unmatched at making those around him better. Andrew can do it too, but he doesn't inspire players to be great like RW does. Part of that is because of the players that we have, the ones that John Schneider chose and another part is they way that Pete Carroll coaches them, but those 3 variables added together and Russell comes out on top.

Unfortunately for Andrew Luck, he doesn't have the best GM and Coaches in the world, and even if he were playing in Seattle, he doesn't have DangeRuss' mojo, that MOJO! that comes from everyone telling you that you can't do it, you're too short.

We all saw how that MOJO! effected John Gruden. It's for real y'all! And unlike Austin Power' (ugh) mojo, Russell Wilson's MOJO! is Liquid Gold that can only be contained in a Diamond Vessel.

Kakaww

Reaction score
I swear I'm attempting to be as objective as I can here... I love watching great players do their thing, regardless of team or sport. Luck has just not impressed me in a way that is consistent with being anointed the Golden Child, savior of football. In the seemingly endless sermons on the awesomeness of Luck, I've yet to witness evidence that he is significantly better than many of his peers.

Is he really better right now than Nick Foles?
Is he significantly better that Case Keenum or Mike Glennon?
(Perhaps your inner voice is screaming "blasphemy!" Right now, but think about it)

Also, everyone has potential. Dan McGuire, Ryan Leaf and Aaron Curry had potential. Potential is a fancy way of saying "He can get much better!" Usually this is said because they have the "physical tools" and "intangibles" resulting in a "high ceiling."

So, since I can't tell the future I'm going to go with our guy and see what happens. So far, so good.

HansGruber

Reaction score
No-brainer.

Wilson is the better quarterback of the two and its not very close. Luck is great, but Wilson is the guy that more closely resembles the "once in a generation" label.

Luck hasn't done anything special to deserve that label. Russell Wilson has changed how people think about the quarterback position. I was reading an article the other day where some nfl scout said teams won't make that mistake again, and Manziel is going to go first or second in the draft because of how Wilson has changed the perception of "short" quarterbacks.

Give me one example of how luck has changed how nfl scouts and front offices do business. I'll wait...