Am I a bad Seahawks fan if...

W

Welshers

I'm kind of pulling for the 49ers to win it all? I hate their fans as much as anybody but the guys on their team are honestly pretty likeable. We already own them head to head anyway. Plus I think it would be funny if they decided they had to keep Jimmy because they won it all. Would be good for us. Plus they would get the last pick in the draft.

nutluck

Reaction score
Honestly I never got the you must hate the other teams in your division. Personally I always hope a NFCW team wins the SB, just to show it is the best division in football.

Jville

Reaction score
Welshers":29eo02zr said:
I'm kind of pulling for the 49ers to win it all? I hate their fans as much as anybody but the guys on their team are honestly pretty likeable. We already own them head to head anyway. Plus I think it would be funny if they decided they had to keep Jimmy because they won it all. Would be good for us. Plus they would get the last pick in the draft.

No Way are you a bad Seahawks fan!

Ignore the noisy fans. Nothing wrong with liking 49er schemes, personnel, execution ..... lots of reasons to look in and learn from them. Pete and John and other Seahawks will be privately gleaming from them what they can as well.

P.S. Good timely question. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Would rather see Donald and Stafford get a ring, but agree about the division thing, we already are the toughest I think from top to bottom, and it has been a pretty tight race year in and year out for a while now.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Welshers":1cwud38y said:

Yes.

getnasty

Reaction score
If your rooting for anyone other then the Bills or Bengals to win it all you might be questionable.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Buffalo to win it all but in the NFC, I'd prefer the Niners to make it to the Super Bowl over the Rams.

Sorry, I can't forgive that B.S. victory that was handed to them on a silver platter by the officials earlier this year. (Also 2004 Wild Card Playoff game still hurts, so, you know... screw the Rams.)

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Bills 23
Rams 3

Buffalo finally gets a ring and I get to laugh at golden boy Mcvay putting up 3….again

Elemas

Reaction score
Nope. Not bad at all. I look at it as a credit to how strong our division is.

NFC is locked up ofc. Being from Bengals land and living 20 minutes outside of Cincy, I’m hoping they can pull off a miracle.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1hw1bmgk said:
Welshers":1hw1bmgk said:

No Way are you a bad Seahawks fan!

Ignore the noisy fans. Nothing wrong with liking 49er schemes, personnel, execution ..... lots of reasons to look in and learn from them. Pete and John and other Seahawks will be privately gleaming from them what they can as well.

P.S. Good timely question. :2thumbs:
GleaNing ^ :smilingalien: :irishdrinkers:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
As we are out of it, I can't begrudge another team for continuing.

The Niners fans are at least real. How many Rams fans there were honestly legacy before they moved to STL? The ones who aren't are honestly bandwagoners.

Plus it's hilarious that the 9ers have had the Rams number for years the way we have had the 9ers number for years. Even in the 2016 drought when they could not win against literally anyone else, they still swept the Rams.

The Rams are scared of them. So scared that the organization is attempting to limit ticket sales to "greater LA" fans without defining what "greater LA" even is. Which is hilarious considering that they barely got past the last regular season game (that completed the sweep) against them.

Go Niners in the NFCCG so that you advance to the Chiefs. At that point, I bet the Chiefs have their a$$ on a platter.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":gunrq5le said:
As we are out of it, I can't begrudge another team for continuing.

The Niners fans are at least real. How many Rams fans there were honestly legacy before they moved to STL? The ones who aren't are honestly bandwagoners.

Plus it's hilarious that the 9ers have had the Rams number for years the way we have had the 9ers number for years. Even in the 2016 drought when they could not win against literally anyone else, they still swept the Rams.

The Rams are scared of them. So scared that the organization is attempting to limit ticket sales to "greater LA" fans without defining what "greater LA" even is. Which is hilarious considering that they barely got past the last regular season game (that completed the sweep) against them.

Go Niners in the NFCCG so that you advance to the Chiefs. At that point, I bet the Chiefs have their a$$ on a platter.

You have no clue, Rams fans were betrayed by Georgia, the legacy fans are slow to return, they tried to shove the Raiders down their throats a couple of times as well. Then they moved to St Louis and back alienating the St Louis fans as well. There are some like RedAlice and others but there is a reason for the slow return of that base, it used to be very strong.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I just can't get a good hate on for these versions of the 49ers and Rams compared to some of the past versions. I have no dislike for the likes of Kittle, Samuel, Jimmy, Warner, Stafford, Kupp, Whitworth. Completely neutral on McVay and Shanahan.

My dislike of the Jeff Fisher and Jim Harbaugh teams was significant.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The 49ers play a brand of ball that has lots in common with the Seahawks approach to the game, and there has been a lot of cross-pollination between the two franchises in terms of coaches and players. (Pete Carroll is a product of Bill Walsh's mentorship) I've enjoyed my interactions with most of the 49er fans in the NFL Nation forum, and I just don't see the need to put energy into "hating" any one team or fanbase.

The 49ers play an appealing, run-oriented smash-mouth style of football and have that terrific D-Line that pressures and sacks opposing QBs. They have some players I just have to admire for their skills, heart, and toughness. Kittle, Deebo, Bosa, Armstead, Greenlaw, among others. I confess I might root just a little for JimmyG to do well and NOT screw it up beyond repair. I still remember that brilliant pick Dre Greenlaw had off Russell Wilson. I've always admired the Shanahan coaching/playing style, going back to papa Mike and the Elway Broncos and their big-time running game with Terrell Davis that finally broke through and won a Super Bowl, and Kyle brings elements of that to his coaching.

Seahawks are out; let's celebrate good football where we see it, and both Rams and 49ers have played some great ball to get where they are, in the NFCCG.

We've seen so much of the Rams and their rise, and have to admire a lot of their players and coaching too. Pete Carroll agrees, having brough Shane Waldon over as our new OC. That Rams D... as good as I've seen in the NFL the last few years. And how can you not love Cooper Kupp? OK, if you're a Bucs fan the Kupp love might be limited right now.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This is the order of the teams that have the best chances to win in my opinion.

1. Niners (best defense out of the remaining four)
2. Rams (best secondary out of remaining four)
3. Bengals (streaky offense)
4. Chiefs (no defense)

I’m actually for the Niners to win it all if the Bengals do not.

It would cool to see the 7th seed win the entire thing even if it is our division rivals (that Seattle, ironically enough, beats all the time!)

Seeing the Rams lose is what I want now.

It’ll make it even sweeter if the Rams lose in the NFC Championship when the Super Bowl is in LA!

Lol.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1v3mg740 said:
You have no clue, Rams fans were betrayed by Georgia, the legacy fans are slow to return, they tried to shove the Raiders down their throats a couple of times as well. Then they moved to St Louis and back alienating the St Louis fans as well. There are some like RedAlice and others but there is a reason for the slow return of that base, it used to be very strong.

I have no clue after I just confirmed what you just said, namely that the only legacy Rams fans are the ones that watched Eric Dickerson in the 1980s? They or their children ended up becoming Raiders fans or Chargers fans. The 49ers were the team favorite for the NFC.

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I don't think it makes you a bad fan at all. Me personally, I despise the SF fan base. They are arrogant and classless imo. I go over to their forum from time to time, don't post just read, especially after we play them. They consistently trash our fans, call the hawks names etc. Most of them hate the hawks and the fans more than any other team. So for me, I refuse to ever root for that team or support that fan base. No love here for the rams either, but it's the lesser of two evils for me. That being said I think the AFC is gonna dominate this year. Looking like KC will win it all. I was rooting for Buffalo to get a shot but damn, Mahomes is a beast

94Smith

Reaction score
49ers traded their first round pick to move up for Lance, so the worse draft pick reasoning is actually not correct

themunn

Reaction score
nutluck":sou29kkl said:
Honestly I never got the you must hate the other teams in your division. Personally I always hope a NFCW team wins the SB, just to show it is the best division in football.

As long as it's not the Rams!

We swept the Niners this year so I'll be able to take a small amount of solace from that if they do win it all.

But I'd much rather see the Bengals win it all this year over anyone else.

Latest posts