All This Team Needs Is

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":1hi4c8we said:
WindCityHawk":1hi4c8we said:
Are we finishing the sentence?

...to trade Graham and put his money in the O-line. We don't need him drawing double coverage if opponents have to respect the run game. Bevell seems more comfortable with that scheme anyway.

I thought of that but you are trading a top-3 pass-catching TE, really? How good would he be with an improved O-Line?

Besides, I don't think the Seahawks need his money w/35 mil cap available.

He didn't have a good O-line in New Orleans (that's why they wanted Unger), and he put up astronomical numbers. He just doesn't fit what we do here and we're obviously not going to adjust to him, so let's just let him to wreck fools in the AFC and take a draft pick. He just strung together a full 16-game season without injury. His stock is as high as it's been since we got him. I say sell.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
semiahmoo":38p7ax05 said:
Two offensive tackles is a nice start.

This team needs more than that, though.

It's rotting from the inside right now.

Been a slow decline since the lost SB.

Beginning of the end of the Pete Carroll era IMO. Would like it to be otherwise, but that's how it feels.

If it is, it will be by his own hand. If he keeps doing the same thing and just "wishing" for different results or expecting his talent to play at a 120% level to mask the offensive and defensive coaching ineptitude, then so be it.

For the record, I love Carroll, just wish he would apply the "always compete" mantra to the coaches as well.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
They wouldn't be on his staff if they didn't always compete.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1zdgvg7h said:

...to trade Graham and put his money in the O-line. We don't need him drawing double coverage if opponents have to respect the run game. Bevell seems more comfortable with that scheme anyway.

Graham got us a lot of points and some big games this year. Your impression otherwise is a function of Seattle throwing less than Brees. Trading Graham to help the OL would be cutting off the nose to spite the face. Wilson would hold the ball due to lack of targets and...find himself right back under pressure.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
And a running back not made of glass. And a defensive tackle that can get pass pressure. And a kicker. And that's all we need we don't need anything else. We need a long snapper. A long snapper, a running back, a defensive tackle, a kicker and that's all. We need another Corner back. A corner back, a running back, a kicker, a long snapper and a defensive tackle and that's all we need! We don't need anything else. We need nickel corner. So a nickel corner, a running back, a snapper, a kicker, a defensive tackle and a corner. And thats it. We don't need anything else!

Remember how I always told pehawk I wanted a bathtub shaped like a clam?

OP
OP
sondevil89

sondevil89

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3mvuwp9i said:
sondevil89":3mvuwp9i said:
WindCityHawk":3mvuwp9i said:

I thought of that but you are trading a top-3 pass-catching TE, really? How good would he be with an improved O-Line?

He didn't have a good O-line in New Orleans (that's why they wanted Unger), and he put up astronomical numbers. He just doesn't fit what we do here and we're obviously not going to adjust to him, so let's just let him to wreck fools in the AFC and take a draft pick. He just strung together a full 16-game season without injury. His stock is as high as it's been since we got him. I say sell.

In 2014 the Saints had the 11th ranked offensive line in the league and the same or better in previous years. Top third in the league, that's bad?

I think it's always better to do some research before making blanket statements.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/2014-p ... ankings/3/

semiahmoo

Reaction score
sondevil89":2l63byxk said:
WindCityHawk":2l63byxk said:
sondevil89":2l63byxk said:
WindCityHawk":2l63byxk said:

In 2014 the Saints had the 11th ranked offensive line in the league and the same or better in previous years. Top third in the league, that's bad?

I think it's always better to do some research before making blanket statements.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/2014-p ... ankings/3/

Ooooohhhhh, you had to bring out the blanket, did you????

my dads gift to my younger sister h blanket 76659

semiahmoo

Reaction score
sondevil89":1eie8rlb said:
Snappy comeback, very good.

QlOA4l.gif

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3feuvbj9 said:
WindCityHawk":3feuvbj9 said:

Graham got us a lot of points and some big games this year. Your impression otherwise is a function of Seattle throwing less than Brees. Trading Graham to help the OL would be cutting off the nose to spite the face. Wilson would hold the ball due to lack of targets and...find himself right back under pressure.

Lack of targets? Last I checked, Baldwin and Lockett were balling pretty hard, and Richardson just joined the party.

Or are you calling our receivers pedestrian? :p

Latest posts