All this damn attention

Greenhell

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1usjzmu0 said:
I just got back from Colorado. I was rocking the Hawks gear and everyone had something possitive to say. It's way different from years past.

I agree. I live in Colorado and it seems like we've done stepped out of the shadow that once was the AFC West Seattle Seahawks. What once was made a mockery of my team has now become a legitimate respect and fear for them. I'm lovin' it. :0190l:

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I like it. I also look at it this way- We earned the respect of the media because of Russell Wilson and Pete's decision to start him. It was a ballsy move that got everyone's attention. After that it was on RW to perform. I kept waiting for him to stumble (media too) and look like a complete rook but he never did. He just kept getting better and better. There was really never a letdown game last year in that regard. We didn't crash and burn or look bi-polar or schizophrenic as in years past. In past years we would always give the media doubt by having several WTF games between some really awesome football. That left them with one foot in and one out never really buying in. I think this year everyone is buying in. my 2 cents.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35yu20sc said:
Years and years of people complaining that we don't get respect etc. Now we do, and people don't like it. Awesome :thirishdrinkers:

It's not the respect, we started to get that, it's the gushing over the top stuff that all of them appear to be doing.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawks46":i9rbcds2 said:
Man, I don't feel bipolar.

Funny, but seems like you'd have to be to be a Hawks fan. People have been bitching about media disrespect for as long as I can remember (and I've done it as well). Now, people are pissed we're getting attention. Ironic, and funny.

I just hope our players don't read the hype and lose that edge and let the chip fall of their collective shoulders. We have lots of high profile FA's coming here to win.

Not pissed, more like irritated, everyone on their knees for us now could not be found over the last three. Yes we have went out and did everything up to this point these so called experts and media types were going on and on about us not being able to do, proving them wrong has been very satisfieing. Just calling them out on the bandwagon suckfest of the Seattle Seahawks after years of blasting us.

Kinda like the disgruntled brother in law that hated you and kept telling your wife you were a failure only to be the first in line to ask for a loan and hand out after you became successful.

The Radish

Reaction score
sc85sis":1ulzgwr8 said:
Ride the wave. Enjoy the ride. Etc.

Not only is Pete showing us how to play football he's showing us how to handle being celebrity.

:th2thumbs: