Alex Smith has not thrown a TD Pass to a WR this year

byau

Reaction score
Listening to ESPN Football Today, the beat reporter for Kansas said this stat doesn't bother them, the main reason to throw a TD to a WR is to get people to stop asking that question

Beat reporter did say what worries him more is that in this offense-minded league, KC longest pass this year has only been 34 yards

Also, in the last five years, least amount of yards per attempted pass, 80% of his passes 10 yards or less.

I don't know, seems they are prime to pick apart Seattle's D that has been susceptible to dink and dunk short yardage passes.

Or else, it could just be both teams are suffering passing issues and it'll be which team can dominate the run more.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
byau":2w11agfv said:
I don't know, seems they are prime to pick apart Seattle's D that has been susceptible to dink and dunk short yardage passes.

Or else, it could just be both teams are suffering passing issues and it'll be which team can dominate the run more.

I think both statements are correct.

I figure KC will try to play us like the Chargers did. Just a lot of dink and dunk, Cover 3 busters.. utilize the TE and the running game to keep long drives going and keep the offense off the field. Which helps them greatly against a running attack thats humming right now.

Hence why I do not like this matchup at all.. it's a winnable game.. just a bad matchup.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, after we win the game in the 4th Quarter, with Wilson leading us to a long drive to win it........plenty of people will still say he's not good enough, he's struggling, he's too short, he's not a pocket passer, he's not worth re-signing blah blah blah. :D

Smellyman

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":pu098zzc said:
The only thing I'm sure of now, is that Smith will throw a TD to Bowe on Sunday.

but they haven't given up a rush TD so we will have 5!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
And the Chiefs pay that joker 17 million?How pathetic is that?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It's called passing to your TE's which Kelce is a good one having Charles and Davis and good special teams and a coach that loves the screen game and is a master at using it. We can stop it and put the game on Alex but truthfully he's Romo sneaky so we can't be sloppy. Kansas City can be similar to Dallas except they don't stretch the field nearly as much instead preferring the short game, running the edges and passing in the seams especially midrange. And short cross stuff with short slants.

Our best chance is to let Reid be Reid because just like in Philadelphia if he's given half a chance he will forget he has Jamaal Charles and an elite running game entirety.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It will be interesting, with the Hawks not throwing a lot of TD passes and
KC not giving up any Rushing TD's this year.

How the hell are we going to score?