Aldon Smith arrested for DUI this morning--UPDATE

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Why would this bother Harbaugh? He got his own DUI when he was coaching SDSU.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qo7itpc said:
Popeyejones":1qo7itpc said:
And TBF, in turn, 9ers forums are taking Aldon out to the woodshed right now, and rightly so.

Also true. I would know, I'm watching that thread. 8) Don't hate! Haha.

Random side note, I have to say that one dude on the Zone, susweel, has got to be one of the dumbest posters I've ever seen anywhere.

Well, I haven't been on that thread this morning, but Sus is usually just a clown. He's just kidding most of the time. Not sure what he's posted this morning tho.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3lzgu2q9 said:
Marvin49":3lzgu2q9 said:
I can only hope this is enough to wake Aldon up.

I think the real question is if Aldon can be "woken up" while still being a 9er, and even if not, guys that talented always have another team waiting to pay them big bucks and brush their mistakes away. In some ways I think Boone got it together because he didn't have a choice.

Looks like the "coulda had JJ Watt" crowd might have been kinda prescient. :(

I'm not willing to give up on him yet. Not even close.

I just have to wonder what can get through to him. That's a locker room full of vets who don't put up with that. I'm sure Justin will have words with him.

Dunno if it will help. I can only hope.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm just glad no one got hurt. That's probably the only real good news to come out of this. Aldon Smith is a lucky man and it's time he cashed out before it's worse next time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
95.7 The GAME ‏@957thegame 42s
Fmr GM Matt Millen's take on Aldon Smith: "Oh he plays. We're payin him to play, he plays on Sunday." #49ers-#Colts

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":1s4gq332 said:
Popeyejones":1s4gq332 said:
Marvin49":1s4gq332 said:
I can only hope this is enough to wake Aldon up.

I think the real question is if Aldon can be "woken up" while still being a 9er, and even if not, guys that talented always have another team waiting to pay them big bucks and brush their mistakes away. In some ways I think Boone got it together because he didn't have a choice.

Looks like the "coulda had JJ Watt" crowd might have been kinda prescient. :(

I'm not willing to give up on him yet. Not even close.

I just have to wonder what can get through to him. That's a locker room full of vets who don't put up with that. I'm sure Justin will have words with him.

Dunno if it will help. I can only hope.

Yeah, I'm still a strike away from giving up on him too, which I don't feel good about, but it is what it is.

The problem is I don't think Aldon is the type of guy who would listen to an old guy like Cowboy, or a super square and religious dude like Willis either. For all his early career problems, Vernon also never had off-field issues. The only guy who could probably level with him would be Boone, and Aldon might be too prideful for that. In any case, I'm hoping Harbaugh doesn't mess around and sends a real message not only to Aldon but also to the team. (Millen is a fool for that, although it's pretty far down the list for reasons why Millen should never, ever, ever, ever be giving GM advice ;) ).

Slightly off-topic, but also worth noting that the two most exciting, young OLBs in football (Aldon and Miller) have been pissing their careers away so far this season. WRs and DBs are supposed to be the dumb ch!ts and the divas, but LBs have been giving them a run for their money of late.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I absolutely hate DUI repeat offenders. Actually kicked a friend out of my life for getting his second DUI. Anyone can make a mistake, and a first DUI can be a mistake that people learn from. But the second? Take away the license for 5 years. Let them ride the bus. Throw them in prison for a year. The third offense should cost their license for good and a minimum of 10 years in prison.

This lame bastard actually assaulted a team mate for trying to stop him from driving drunk.

I honestly hope he drives off a bridge and kills himself. No I am not kidding. It would be better for this lowlife piece of garbage to take his own life than to take the lives of a mother and her children while driving drunk.

And if you worked in a hospital, and saw the devastating impact of DUIs, as I have - you would agree with me. It's horrifying how many children have lost their lives due to drunk drivers. Innocent people murdered by some piece of garbage who got in their car even though they knew better. They just didn't care if they killed someone.

If I had my druthers, a DUI leading to a death would be prosecuted as 2nd degree Murder.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HansGruber":q6uvsxpi said:
I absolutely hate DUI repeat offenders. Actually kicked a friend out of my life for getting his second DUI. Anyone can make a mistake, and a first DUI can be a mistake that people learn from. But the second? Take away the license for 5 years. Let them ride the bus. Throw them in prison for a year. The third offense should cost their license for good and a minimum of 10 years in prison.

This lame bastard actually assaulted a team mate for trying to stop him from driving drunk.

I honestly hope he drives off a bridge and kills himself. No I am not kidding. It would be better for this lowlife piece of garbage to take his own life than to take the lives of a mother and her children while driving drunk.

And if you worked in a hospital, and saw the devastating impact of DUIs, as I have - you would agree with me. It's horrifying how many children have lost their lives due to drunk drivers. Innocent people murdered by some piece of garbage who got in their car even though they knew better. They just didn't care if they killed someone.

If I had my druthers, a DUI leading to a death would be prosecuted as 2nd degree Murder.

Aldon hit a teammate too? Or are you referring to the other guy?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Yeah, that was Brooks. Different lowlife. Maybe Aldon gets lucky and the same D.A. works on this case.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m
RT @MaioccoCSN: 49ers OLB Aldon Smith is on the practice field.

Harbaugh set to talk to media at 2:30

Marvin49

Reaction score
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 12s
Presence of Aldon Smith at #49ers practice leads me to guess he'll play Sunday unless NFL says otherwise. 48 1/2 hours until kickoff

In all honesty, not sure how I feel about this one.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pz3ypfp said:
I have absolutely ZERO patience for anyone that drinks & drives.

Niner aside...THIS.

Also.

THIS IS AWESOME. Still partying after that Niner beat dow....wait a second.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Duuuhhhhh!
1231470_10151894701506147_106234844_n.jpg

HansGruber

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3quv4c3h said:
Marvin49":3quv4c3h said:

I know how I feel. ;) I want him not to play so you guys are more likely to drop one to the Colts, haha.

They're going to lose to the Colts regardless.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Money talks. There is no doubt in my mind Hardouche plays drunky this weekend. The gilded life I tell ya.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3m2m5gz1 said:
Marvin49":3m2m5gz1 said:

I know how I feel. ;) I want him not to play so you guys are more likely to drop one to the Colts, haha.

At least you're honest. :)

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Thought I'd design a place for them to play that they'll feel more comfortable in. After what they/their shit fan base said about CLINK they could used some home field advantage.

Tumblr mtfxak8Lwp1r077wko1 500