Aldon Smith arrested for DUI this morning--UPDATE

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1rjexb50 said:
I get that you hate the Niners...more power to you...but wishing for legal misfortune on a guy essentially because of the colors he wears on sundays is pathetic.

Legal misfortune? Two years straight there has been different Niner fans that both wished Carroll got cancer and dies, along with Career ending injuries to Seahawks players, oh yeah... Marshawn Lynch getting a DUI was going to ruin the season for the Hawks.

And you are riding Legal Misfortune? Dude, COME ON Marvin, you are better than that.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":932yk5og said:
Marvin49":932yk5og said:
I get that you hate the Niners...more power to you...but wishing for legal misfortune on a guy essentially because of the colors he wears on sundays is pathetic.

Legal misfortune? Two years straight there has been different Niner fans that both wished Carroll got cancer and dies, along with Career ending injuries to Seahawks players, oh yeah... Marshawn Lynch getting a DUI was going to ruin the season for the Hawks.

And you are riding Legal Misfortune? Dude, COME ON Marvin, you are better than that.

We are enjoying the sight of the wheels coming off the bus. The ass-kicking in Seattle might have actually done real damage to the team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":390n54z4 said:
Basis4day nailed it. I've not seen you say a damn thing over there Marvin, you hypocritical Nazi. Roland's comment is plenty valid. it IS awesome if Aldon takes a bigger hit in his civil case as a result of this, because Aldon is obviously an idiot. Shooting people and causing trouble at a party at your own house is idiotic and reprehensible. Then not only that, but while the civil case is ongoing, and one should be on one's best behavior, Aldon goes out partying all night and drives to work drunk. He deserves to have the book thrown at him.

Now go home and get your shinebox.

LOL...oh I'm a Nazi now huh?

Tell me genius...how many post OF ANY KIND to you see from me in those threads?

Let me help you...NONE. I don't talk about the games in those threads. I don't even open them.

Also...don't speak about what you clearly don't understand. Aldons civil case isn't about him shooting at anyone. He's never even been accused of that. His mistake was taking matters in his own hands and not calling the police. It was a dumb move. No question. Aldon deserves what he deserves. What he DOESN'T deserve is to face a gun charge because he's famous (which he may face because the magazine on the gun he fired is illegal. Most often that is ignored in these cases but DA is nervous he'll appear soft against celebs).

If he was in fact intoxicated this morning than the book should be thrown at him. CELEBRATING the situation is pathetic. I'm celebrating that at least nobody was hurt.

Finally, I was taking ROLAND to task because he is a poster I've spoken with quite often on these boards. It wasn't just some random .net poster. Holding me responsible for EVERY webzone poster when I'm speaking to ONE poster that I know on .net is nothing more than a failed attempt to deflect.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2t04bahe said:
Marvin49":2t04bahe said:

Were any of those posters me?

Would you take issue and call me out if I had said something like that?

I AM better than that. That's why I don't say that stuff.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Blowing a .15 at 7am is serious business. Dude had himself a night.

Marvin49

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1vr5x4e3 said:
Blowing a .15 at 7am is serious business. Dude had himself a night.

Yeah...not too happy with Aldon right now. Another dumb, dumb decision.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Whoops, apparently Aldon does NOT have a prescription for the weed:

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 55s
RT @CamInman: Correction: Aldon Smith did NOT have prescription for marijuana found in car. Either way, NFL players can't use under policy

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2qp9y0tj said:

RT @CamInman: Correction: Aldon Smith did NOT have prescription for marijuana found in car. Either way, NFL players can't use under policy

Sigh. Damn Aldon. Yer killin' me. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

CHawks4L

Reaction score
Prescription for weed at 23? Seriously? Does he have cataracts? What a joke...

I hate to see misfortune to anyone, even to heated rivals' top players. This guy likely has a serious drinking problem, nothing to joke at.

That said...

I greatly enjoy the misfortune for Harbaugh and his "beyond reproach" ways...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
If he did indeed blow a .15 (just under twice the legal limit in CA), he deserves all the punishment he gets.

Maybe the mayor of Seattle will put in a call to Goodell to defend and support him just like the S.F. mayor did for Marshawn Lynch. ;)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":fdwy1zn2 said:
RolandDeschain":fdwy1zn2 said:

Sigh. Damn Aldon. Yer killin' me. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.
Seriously, if you want to smoke it up while partying, at least bring enough for the party and if there's anything left, JUST LEAVE IT THERE. Don't bring it back in the car with you, lol.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1g5qlg5s said:
If he did indeed blow a .15 (just under twice the legal limit in CA), he deserves all the punishment he gets.

Maybe the mayor of Seattle will put in a call to Goodell to defend and support him just like the S.F. mayor did for Marshawn Lynch. ;)
Well, the difference is that Lynch barely blew the legal limit, and he was driving back home from a dinner where he had some drinks but never got "wasted". I'm not defending him or saying it's alright, but you can't explain away .15 as havin' a few and thinking you're still fine to drive, you know? Again, I'm not defending Lynch; but the circumstances aren't the same.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
CHawks4L":3petvdc1 said:
Prescription for weed at 23? Seriously? Does he have cataracts? What a joke...

He probably has joint pain considering his line of work. The NFL's policy on weed is stupid, but most policies on weed (at least on the federal level) are stupid.

Even if he didn't have a prescription, as long as he's smoking inside his house and not driving or shooting visitors, the NFL should back off considering that they promote a game filled with car-crash style collisions.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1576b1oe said:
Popeyejones":1576b1oe said:

Well, the difference is that Lynch barely blew the legal limit, and he was driving back home from a dinner where he had some drinks but never got "wasted". I'm not defending him or saying it's alright, but you can't explain away .15 as havin' a few and thinking you're still fine to drive, you know? Again, I'm not defending Lynch; but the circumstances aren't the same.

...also isn't good that it was at 7 AM after he'd just crashed into a tree. Sigh.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":2cdkvc2u said:
...also isn't good that it was at 7 AM after he'd just crashed into a tree. Sigh.

Aye. I can't even think of a good way to spin this for 49ers fans, lol. I mean, at least he didn't hit anybody, or crash into some kid's room and break their leg, or anything.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2tsuo087 said:
Marvin49":2tsuo087 said:

Aye. I can't even think of a good way to spin this for 49ers fans, lol. I mean, at least he didn't hit anybody, or crash into some kid's room and break their leg, or anything.

There is no spin.

I had hoped all of this stuff was behind him. All of his troubles as yet had taken place LAST year. The lawsuits stemmed from a situation that took place LAST offseason.

This had been a quiet offseason.

Now its clear it isn't behind him. I can only hope the legal trouble and likely suspension will get through to him. I don't think he's a bad kid...but its clear he's got ALOT of growing up to do.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":r5o39m34 said:
Edited for update:
They found weed (no prescription for it per sources, either) and pills in his car, and they're saying he blew a 0.15. So, the whole "well, he might have been drunk the night before and was still drunk when he woke up and drove home" theory is blown out of the water.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013 ... y-morning/

:snack:

Well, so much for those 30 sacks he predicted. Or will he get to push it out like Lynch?