Aldon Smith arrested for DUI this morning--UPDATE

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2iatjmoo said:
RolandDeschain":2iatjmoo said:
Edited for update:
They found weed (no prescription for it per sources, either) and pills in his car, and they're saying he blew a 0.15. So, the whole "well, he might have been drunk the night before and was still drunk when he woke up and drove home" theory is blown out of the water.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013 ... y-morning/

:snack:

Well, so much for those 30 sacks he predicted. Or will he get to push it out like Lynch?

Dunno...but the LAST time something like this happened it was Demarcus Dobbs last year. They sat him for a game right after and then he was suspended for a game by the league (season opener this year). The league suspension will probably take some time. Not sure tho what the 49ers will do this week.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":21lu7fq4 said:
E.C. Laloosh":21lu7fq4 said:
RolandDeschain":21lu7fq4 said:
Edited for update:
They found weed (no prescription for it per sources, either) and pills in his car, and they're saying he blew a 0.15. So, the whole "well, he might have been drunk the night before and was still drunk when he woke up and drove home" theory is blown out of the water.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013 ... y-morning/

:snack:

Well, so much for those 30 sacks he predicted. Or will he get to push it out like Lynch?

Dunno...but the LAST time something like this happened it was Demarcus Dobbs last year. They sat him for a game right after and then he was suspended for a game (season opener this year). The league suspension will probably take some time. Not sure tho what the 49ers will do this week.

The fact that he was coming to team meetings drunk, should be enough to warrant sitting his ass unless Harbaugh is so worried about winning that his integrity is out the window.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1evg5csh said:
Harbaugh seems like the type that will not sit a starter of his short of extraordinary circumstances.

Dunno. You could be right. No precedent for a starter.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of glass houses and throwing stones. We've had guys do stupid crap. And we will again. I wouldn't laugh to hard.

That said, if harbaugh cuts him I hope were right there on the waiver wire to pick him up.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1r26d7o1 said:
This thread reminds me of glass houses and throwing stones. We've had guys do stupid crap. And we will again. I wouldn't laugh to hard.

That said, if harbaugh cuts him I hope were right there on the waiver wire to pick him up.
Why? This forum crapped ALL OVER Hill with his last incident. We have been surprisingly non-hypocritical (overall, there will always be some that are about things like this) for an NFL fan forum about our own guys. I really do wish we still had the Lynch DUI thread around.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Aldon Smith is like a Turbo-Talented player. Why do this crap? He isn't the only one, we have had players that make mistakes too, but this shit is just getting ridiculous. Do these guys think that they are just invincible? Smith has had multiple events and STILL doesn't get it. ALL THE GUY HAS TO DO IS KEEP IT LOW FOR A FEW YEARS and he will retire a rich SOB, HOF material and possibly with Super Bowl ring, records all that crap. He can set himself up to be a positive figure that parlays his career into community impact and true self-satisfaction. This guy is willing to jack up his reputation for drugs/alcohol. A .15 at 7AM??????? WOW

We all knew the Harbaugh comments were stupid and that it would come back to bite him, maybe not this quick, but we knew it. The only humorous part of it is the Harbaugh angle, other than that, Aldon has some personal issues he needs to address. He is so young and he needs to recognize his place in life and how lucky he is that no one was injured.

Laloosh

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2c4xycf1 said:

Stop being so polite, J. Just having a little fun at their expense. It's not like we want the guy to go to prison for years... maybe just a few weeks to knock them out of the playoffs and allow us to clinch.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Just the 49ers leaving no doubt, 24/7, that they are hypocrites and inferior to the Hawks.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
For all the crap Harbaugh gave us for having a "problem" with all the PED stuff, it sure seems like he has a problem with all these DUIs. This is the 5th 49ers DUI since Harbaugh got there.

Better fix it, Jimmy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1c1oxjkl said:
Popeyejones":1c1oxjkl said:
If he did indeed blow a .15 (just under twice the legal limit in CA), he deserves all the punishment he gets.

Maybe the mayor of Seattle will put in a call to Goodell to defend and support him just like the S.F. mayor did for Marshawn Lynch. ;)
Well, the difference is that Lynch barely blew the legal limit, and he was driving back home from a dinner where he had some drinks but never got "wasted". I'm not defending him or saying it's alright, but you can't explain away .15 as havin' a few and thinking you're still fine to drive, you know? Again, I'm not defending Lynch; but the circumstances aren't the same.

Oh yeah, agreed. The "wink" was an "I'm just messing 'round" one.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3i4zndw9 said:
I just don't get it. Aldon Smith is like a Turbo-Talented player. Why do this crap? He isn't the only one, we have had players that make mistakes too, but this shit is just getting ridiculous. Do these guys think that they are just invincible? Smith has had multiple events and STILL doesn't get it. ALL THE GUY HAS TO DO IS KEEP IT LOW FOR A FEW YEARS and he will retire a rich SOB, HOF material and possibly with Super Bowl ring, records all that crap. He can set himself up to be a positive figure that parlays his career into community impact and true self-satisfaction. This guy is willing to jack up his reputation for drugs/alcohol. A .15 at 7AM??????? WOW

We all knew the Harbaugh comments were stupid and that it would come back to bite him, maybe not this quick, but we knew it. The only humorous part of it is the Harbaugh angle, other than that, Aldon has some personal issues he needs to address. He is so young and he needs to recognize his place in life and how lucky he is that no one was injured.

To be fair on the Harbaugh front...I know it ain't popular here but I honestly think his point was misrepresented. He wasn't calling Seattle cheaters. His point was that he was concerned because EVERY player (not just Seahawks) says that when they test positive its Adderall. The league doesn't distinguish so players can just say "yeah..it was Adderall...no biggy". His "above reproach" line is the one that gets spun, but again...he was saying that's what you STRIVE for. You don't know what these guys are taking because it doesn't get revealed. Finally, HE WASN'T TALKING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT SEATTLE. That's the way it was reported tho because the media was all about hyperbole in the offseason...who am I kidding...they are ALWAYS about hyperbole.

As for your Aldon comments...totally agree. I think it's youth. I don't just mean the calendar either. Young in the head. They think they are invincible because they have always been treated as such. I just hope he now learns the lesson I had hoped he'd learned last year.

Alex Boone is a good example for him to follow. He was a raging alcoholic. He got arrested after jumping on tops of cars and smashing windows. Yeah...he's 6'8" and 300lbs plus....I can only imagine how people would react to that lol.

That problem tho prevented him from being drafted. THAT taught him the lesson. Being humbled like that can wake a guy up. I can only hope this is enough to wake Aldon up.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ip72tg2 said:
JSeahawks":2ip72tg2 said:

Why? This forum crapped ALL OVER Hill with his last incident.

And TBF, in turn, 9ers forums are taking Aldon out to the woodshed right now, and rightly so.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rfy0e3a said:
I can only hope this is enough to wake Aldon up.

I think the real question is if Aldon can be "woken up" while still being a 9er, and even if not, guys that talented always have another team waiting to pay them big bucks and brush their mistakes away. In some ways I think Boone got it together because he didn't have a choice.

Looks like the "coulda had JJ Watt" crowd might have been kinda prescient. :(

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":qtbjtbve said:
And TBF, in turn, 9ers forums are taking Aldon out to the woodshed right now, and rightly so.

Also true. I would know, I'm watching that thread. 8) Don't hate! Haha.

Random side note, I have to say that one dude on the Zone, susweel, has got to be one of the dumbest posters I've ever seen anywhere.