After rewatching end of 3rd quarter/4th quarter tape

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think Wilson has to much going on in his personal life and is not ready.

Also once again the play calling was horrible in the end. 3rd and 4 and all the receivers are going 10 yards downfield before looking for the ball.

I don't care if we win the Super Bowl. Bevell needs to go. Should have been fired already. Mr. Allen better force Pete to get rid of him.

Someone start a petition to fire bevell and hand it to Mr. Allen. He's killing this team.

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkinNY":1os12sz8 said:

I must know, why do you think this? Before you answer, please try to recall that he's been through a divorce and two super bowls.

mrt144

Reaction score
Laloosh":tnh4omnt said:
HawkinNY":tnh4omnt said:

I must know, why do you think this? Before you answer, please try to recall that he's been through a divorce and two super bowls.

Time to read up on Bayesian inferences? ;)

Laloosh

Reaction score
mrt144":4dlqpqe4 said:
Laloosh":4dlqpqe4 said:
HawkinNY":4dlqpqe4 said:

When people use words that I don't understand, my eyes cross and I forget my name for 20 minutes.

[edit] After spending thirty seconds reading the internet (wikipedia), touche.

mrt144

Reaction score
Laloosh":6zg8ms7r said:
mrt144":6zg8ms7r said:
Laloosh":6zg8ms7r said:
HawkinNY":6zg8ms7r said:

When people use words that I don't understand, my eyes cross and I forget my name for 20 minutes.

:lol: Let me go get the smelling salts!

"Bayesian inference is a method of statistical inference in which Bayes' theorem is used to update the probability for a hypothesis as evidence is acquired. Bayesian inference is an important technique in statistics, and especially in mathematical statistics."

It's a neat way of integrating new data with your model in perpetuity. I don't think HawkinNY thinks we have some prior data to integrate.

JimmyG

Reaction score
mikeak":1rglulqh said:
JimmyG":1rglulqh said:
Sports Hernia":1rglulqh said:
seahawk12thman":1rglulqh said:
Don't blame the Oline.

The Bengals put 8 in box to stop run..

Wilson had time to throw.

Watching the tape made me want to throw up. :pukeface:

The Hawks should have easily won this game. For those of you that have the game recorder, watch the cushion Bengal DB's were giving our receivers (9-11 yards every play) including the 3rd and 4 play which would have given us the first down and win. WHY IN THE HELL WERE WE NOT THROWING BUBBLE SCREENS TO LOCKETT????? By not taking the yards the Bengals were giving us, we played to their strengths, since the Bengals could just bunch up 10 yards down the field giving Russell Wilson no passing lanes. THEY WERE GIVING US 5 YARDS A PLAY AND THIS HAPPENED IN THE RAMS GAME AS WELL!!. No excuses, Wilson needs to audible and check down. This was not on Bevell. If our Quarterback can't recognize this then why is he spending all this time in the film room????

THIS LOSS IS ON WILSON!!!!!

End of Story.
With all due respect, you're wrong!
The OC is the biggest problem this team has, even worse than the O-line.
In the 6 last possessions there was 6 punts. If you truley believe that's solely on exececution, then you are watching the game thru Bevell colored glasses.
If you think Bevell is at fault, then give examples. seahawk12thman had a very strong, detailed, convincing post, with specific examples of why he felt that way. Your response -- which is becoming increasingly common around here lately when anyone responds about our OC -- was just mindlessly throwing Bevell under the bus without any excuse other than "he sucks". It's hackneyed and it discourages any meaningful discussion.

The only specific thing you said was "6 possessions, 6 punts". Saying that's the OC's fault is far from a foregone conclusion. I watched the Dallas game today, and the Dallas offense was miserable. Do you think it's the OC's fault? No, I'd probably say it's because Weeden sucks.

I gave examples and they were ignored. Selective reading?
I didn't even reply to you.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Laloosh":3t1xoixr said:
seahawk12thman":3t1xoixr said:
Don't blame the Oline.

The Hawks should have easily won this game. For those of you that have the game recorder, watch the cushion Bengal DB's were giving our receivers (9-11 yards every play) including the 3rd and 4 play which would have given us the first down and win. WHY IN THE HELL WERE WE NOT THROWING BUBBLE SCREENS TO LOCKETT????? By not taking the yards the Bengals were giving us, we played to their strengths, since the Bengals could just bunch up 10 yards down the field giving Russell Wilson no passing lanes. THEY WERE GIVING US 5 YARDS A PLAY AND THIS HAPPENED IN THE RAMS GAME AS WELL!!. No excuses, Wilson needs to audible and check down. This was not on Bevell. If our Quarterback can't recognize this then why is he spending all this time in the film room????

End of Story.

I think you're exaggerating a bit. The 3rd and 4 for example. Wilson's first read was to Lockett's side but there were three defenders all within a few yards of the marker. The designed route is what the corner was waiting to jump (he's watching Wilson the entire time). To make matters worse, the DE is in Wilson's face in about 1 second. He has very little time to make a decision and rather than throw a pick six to a hitch route, he threw it where Kearse had a chance if he beats his man 1:1.

C5mUk4z.gif

Sure, Russ could have audibled to a screen (or maybe he can't, I don't know) but he'd be throwing to a receiver with 1 blocker and three defenders to account for.

[edit] Seem to recall another 3rd and 4 later int he game. Will check so don't go all Hope Solo on me (and you did say all of the 3rd and 4th quarter).
His best pass catcher is blocking on that play.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Laloosh":35ysjkkz said:
Here's the other 3rd and 4. As I said, I think the OP is exaggerating.

PLLHxK8.gif

Wilson should have thrown it to Graham. Jump ball situation. Just put it in the realm of Graham and see if he makes a play. Brees did just fine.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They went ultra conservative, YET AGAIN with a lead. How many times are we going to see this? Where is the killer instinct? Team loss for sure. But come on, 17 point lead and you play like you're assuming that the D will lock it down?
Team loss, many reasons they lost. But this is the 4th straight loss where they had a lead in the 2nd half.

themunn

Reaction score
SeatownJay":anj8prbx said:
There's one play I can't get over. In the 3rd quarter Russell goes deep to Lockett. Tyler makes the catch and is initially ruled inbounds for a 40 yard gain, but replay shows that he got one foot out of bounds. If Russ throws that ball more in the field instead of leading Lockett to the sideline it's not only a catch, but most likely a TD.

Nah the one that gets me is the Lockett incompletion in OT
Apparently tackling the player before the ball arrives is fair game now.
It's a shame that is one of the plays that the pocket completely broke down too as Lockett was away for a TD if Wilson had time to set his feet and throw it deep(er)

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2nt2rt4r said:
There's one play I can't get over. In the 3rd quarter Russell goes deep to Lockett. Tyler makes the catch and is initially ruled inbounds for a 40 yard gain, but replay shows that he got one foot out of bounds. If Russ throws that ball more in the field instead of leading Lockett to the sideline it's not only a catch, but most likely a TD.

Not sure if you noticed but Russ can't even follow through on that throw. Also, looked like a really nice throw to me.

Z4NR38E.gif

2_0_6

Reaction score
Laloosh":11ajxxun said:
SeatownJay":11ajxxun said:

Not sure if you noticed but Russ can't even follow through on that throw. Also, looked like a really nice throw to me.

Z4NR38E.gif

This was just bad footwork by Lockett

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3vdgpny5 said:
Laloosh":3vdgpny5 said:
seahawk12thman":3vdgpny5 said:
Don't blame the Oline.

End of Story.

I think you're exaggerating a bit. The 3rd and 4 for example. Wilson's first read was to Lockett's side but there were three defenders all within a few yards of the marker. The designed route is what the corner was waiting to jump (he's watching Wilson the entire time). To make matters worse, the DE is in Wilson's face in about 1 second. He has very little time to make a decision and rather than throw a pick six to a hitch route, he threw it where Kearse had a chance if he beats his man 1:1.

C5mUk4z.gif

Sure, Russ could have audibled to a screen (or maybe he can't, I don't know) but he'd be throwing to a receiver with 1 blocker and three defenders to account for.

[edit] Seem to recall another 3rd and 4 later int he game. Will check so don't go all Hope Solo on me (and you did say all of the 3rd and 4th quarter).
His best pass catcher is blocking on that play.

Lockett up top should have been the beneficiary of a Wilson pass on this play.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Russ has not been as clutch this season thats for sure. We had 2 possessions in OT could not even get a field goal.

ellipi

Reaction score
Laloosh":1x50muoo said:
seahawk12thman":1x50muoo said:
Don't blame the Oline.

End of Story.

C5mUk4z.gif

I see 7 guys trying to block 4 rushers. Gilliam gets owned, again. Sweezy doesn't react to help double team Dunlap. If Jackson releases sooner, Russ has a check down. 2 receivers running downfield, and the only other available receiver (Lockett?) does a curl on the left for the first down. Senseless play call and poor blocking are the culprits here, imo.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Laloosh":2n397fsf said:
seahawk12thman":2n397fsf said:
Don't blame the Oline.

End of Story.

C5mUk4z.gif

The DB at the top was at least 9 yards off the receiver and was backpedaling every play. if he had done a stop and start 3 yards off the line of scrimmage he would have had an easy first down. Again, this went on the whole game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":xyg2plp4 said:
The DB at the top was at least 9 yards off the receiver and was backpedaling every play. if he had done a stop and start 3 yards off the line of scrimmage he would have had an easy first down. Again, this went on the whole game.

Everybody understands (and has said) that different routes could have been more effective against that coverage. The difference is that you're claiming that the fault lies with Wilson for not changing the play to a screen rather than the hitch for example. In that particular play, the defense shows blitz and then the safety drops into coverage, expecting something like the screen I'd imagine.

In both of the examples (including the one you pointed out specifically), a screen could have easily been a pick six or TFL at the very least. The corners were looking for it.

How about the OC calls plays with routes that will beat the soft coverage, you know, since it was happening "all game"?

BTW, that DB was reading the QB the entire time. He was waiting to jump that route.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Laloosh":27lxxnxz said:
seahawk12thman":27lxxnxz said:

Everybody understands (and has said) that different routes could have been more effective against that coverage. The difference is that you're claiming that the fault lies with Wilson for not changing the play to a screen rather than the hitch for example. In that particular play, the defense shows blitz and then the safety drops into coverage, expecting something like the screen I'd imagine.

In both of the examples (including the one you pointed out specifically), a screen could have easily been a pick six or TFL at the very least. The corners were looking for it.

How about the OC calls plays with routes that will beat the soft coverage, you know, since it was happening "all game"?

BTW, that DB was reading the QB the entire time. He was waiting to jump that route.

All you have to do is swing your left or right play side tackle. Slot receiver takes a step back and you can double the nearest corner and now your receiver has a one on one with the DB. The average catch is 10 yards off the line of scrimmage so the DB's that are back are clogging the throwing lanes. Of course Russell has no where to go with the ball. The purpose of the bubble screen is to keep the DB's honest. I am not a fan of the Bubble screens when the DB are at the LOS. Rogers (Aaron) killed us on passes off the line of scrimmage when we were playing soft and Russell needs to learn to do the same thing.