seahawks08

Reaction score
Laloosh":2kewzs6r said:
seahawk12thman":2kewzs6r said:
Don't blame the Oline.

The Bengals put 8 in box to stop run..

Wilson had time to throw.

Watching the tape made me want to throw up. :pukeface:

The Hawks should have easily won this game. For those of you that have the game recorder, watch the cushion Bengal DB's were giving our receivers (9-11 yards every play) including the 3rd and 4 play which would have given us the first down and win. WHY IN THE HELL WERE WE NOT THROWING BUBBLE SCREENS TO LOCKETT????? By not taking the yards the Bengals were giving us, we played to their strengths, since the Bengals could just bunch up 10 yards down the field giving Russell Wilson no passing lanes. THEY WERE GIVING US 5 YARDS A PLAY AND THIS HAPPENED IN THE RAMS GAME AS WELL!!. No excuses, Wilson needs to audible and check down. This was not on Bevell. If our Quarterback can't recognize this then why is he spending all this time in the film room????

THIS LOSS IS ON WILSON!!!!!

End of Story.

I think you're exaggerating a bit. The 3rd and 4 for example. Wilson's first read was to Lockett's side but there were three defenders all within a few yards of the marker. The designed route is what the corner was waiting to jump (he's watching Wilson the entire time). To make matters worse, the DE is in Wilson's face in about 1 second. He has very little time to make a decision and rather than throw a pick six to a hitch route, he threw it where Kearse had a chance if he beats his man 1:1.

C5mUk4z.gif

Sure, Russ could have audibled to a screen (or maybe he can't, I don't know) but he'd be throwing to a receiver with 1 blocker and three defenders to account for.

[edit] Seem to recall another 3rd and 4 later int he game. Will check so don't go all Hope Solo on me (and you did say all of the 3rd and 4th quarter).

I look at this play and see what is happening. rushing and 7 dropping back. Our OL is not sealing the edge and RW is being boxed in and hurried. I think in this situation, the play should have been the receivers clearing the dbs and the running back catching a quick screen pass or a delayed hand off, or dropping back 7 steps before throwing so that Jimmy would have cleared his defended by then. I know this is all hindsight and playing armchair Quarter backing, but every defense disguises to confuse offenses, how we win the chess match is not purely an execution thing as Pete puts it, it has to be the design of plays based on the strength of your team. If you see something is not working, design plays where you have receivers in the right spots. If you have a weak OL, then design plays where quick throws be made, or even better, pump and fake, because that would freeze the edge rusher for a second, which gives you enough time to adjust a collapsing pocket.

seahawks08

Reaction score
xgeoff":2b6pmpg5 said:
Hawk_Nation":2b6pmpg5 said:
Laloosh":2b6pmpg5 said:
SeatownJay":2b6pmpg5 said:
There's one play I can't get over. In the 3rd quarter Russell goes deep to Lockett. Tyler makes the catch and is initially ruled inbounds for a 40 yard gain, but replay shows that he got one foot out of bounds. If Russ throws that ball more in the field instead of leading Lockett to the sideline it's not only a catch, but most likely a TD.

Not sure if you noticed but Russ can't even follow through on that throw. Also, looked like a really nice throw to me.

Z4NR38E.gif

This was just bad footwork by Lockett

No way. You need to throw this ball inside. There was no safety help. You throw this inside, you have a TD.

Yep, safety went after underneath receiver in the middle, he should throw it inside for a sure TD. I feel it is a safer through to the outside where you just throw it where only your receiver can catch or nobody will. I feel bad for RW, his internal clock is a little off because of being sacked or hit so many times, I think if he gets a one game rest, he can clear his mind off protection in the line and focus on accuracy, ball placement and to keep on scoring touch downs.

netskier

Reaction score
I think that Clay Matthews scrambled Wilson's brain last year, and it is still recovering, and this is why his decisions have been slower ever since that dirty blindside hit.

Frogger009

Reaction score
I am admittedly a noob when it comes to this stuff, but I have always wondered why they rarely do the short pass to someone, such as Jimmy Graham, is the slot? I see other teams do it all the time and it seems to work more often than not.

ivotuk

Reaction score
themunn":1xhipx2r said:
SeatownJay":1xhipx2r said:
There's one play I can't get over. In the 3rd quarter Russell goes deep to Lockett. Tyler makes the catch and is initially ruled inbounds for a 40 yard gain, but replay shows that he got one foot out of bounds. If Russ throws that ball more in the field instead of leading Lockett to the sideline it's not only a catch, but most likely a TD.

Nah the one that gets me is the Lockett incompletion in OT
Apparently tackling the player before the ball arrives is fair game now.

It's a shame that is one of the plays that the pocket completely broke down too as Lockett was away for a TD if Wilson had time to set his feet and throw it deep(er)

That was absolute BS. Guy puts his shoulder in to Lockett before the ball gets there. Tyler, to his credit, still almost catches it.