After rewatching end of 3rd quarter/4th quarter tape

Laloosh

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":3upkd7m0 said:
Armchair Bronco":3upkd7m0 said:
Sports Hernia":3upkd7m0 said:
With all due respect, you're wrong!
The OC is the biggest problem this team has, even worse than the O-line.
In the 6 last possessions there was 6 punts. If you truley believe that's solely on exececution, then you are watching the game thru Bevell colored glasses.

I agree. Bevell is to the Hawks what John Fox is and was to the Bears and Broncos, respectively. Bevell's ultra mega conservative game planning has the offense operating with a ball and chain around the legs and arms of the key players.

Replacing a red hot Rawls at the end of the game with a frozen Fred Jackson is all on the OC. Wlison doesn't pick personnel for each play, that's Bevell's job.

The seahawks had 1 first down in the 4th quarter. Rawls had a carry every position so I am not sure this has any relevance.

The guy who rushed for 100+ not being on the field sort of takes the bite out of your play action game (in my opinion). 3rd and 4, we pass about 80% of the time but we have also averaged about 6.4 Y/A on the ground in that scenario. Even if you eliminate Rawls's 69 yard run, he averaged 4.5 Y/A today. Jackson averaged 2.5 Y/A.

I wasn't a fan of taking Rawls off of the field in 3rd and manageable situations today given his overall production.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3lyipvuo said:
seahawk12thman":3lyipvuo said:
Don't blame the Oline.

The Bengals put 8 in box to stop run..

Wilson had time to throw.

Watching the tape made me want to throw up. :pukeface:

The Hawks should have easily won this game. For those of you that have the game recorder, watch the cushion Bengal DB's were giving our receivers (9-11 yards every play) including the 3rd and 4 play which would have given us the first down and win. WHY IN THE HELL WERE WE NOT THROWING BUBBLE SCREENS TO LOCKETT????? By not taking the yards the Bengals were giving us, we played to their strengths, since the Bengals could just bunch up 10 yards down the field giving Russell Wilson no passing lanes. THEY WERE GIVING US 5 YARDS A PLAY AND THIS HAPPENED IN THE RAMS GAME AS WELL!!. No excuses, Wilson needs to audible and check down. This was not on Bevell. If our Quarterback can't recognize this then why is he spending all this time in the film room????

THIS LOSS IS ON WILSON!!!!!

End of Story.
In the 6 last possessions there was 6 punts. If you truley believe that's solely on exececution, then you are watching the game thru Bevell colored glasses.
If you think Bevell is at fault, then give examples. seahawk12thman had a very strong, detailed, convincing post, with specific examples of why he felt that way. Your response -- which is becoming increasingly common around here lately when anyone responds about our OC -- was just mindlessly throwing Bevell under the bus without any excuse other than "he sucks". It's hackneyed and it discourages any meaningful discussion.

The only specific thing you said was "6 possessions, 6 punts". Saying that's the OC's fault is far from a foregone conclusion. I watched the Dallas game today, and the Dallas offense was miserable. Do you think it's the OC's fault? No, I'd probably say it's because Weeden sucks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3tek15zo said:
There's one play I can't get over. In the 3rd quarter Russell goes deep to Lockett. Tyler makes the catch and is initially ruled inbounds for a 40 yard gain, but replay shows that he got one foot out of bounds. If Russ throws that ball more in the field instead of leading Lockett to the sideline it's not only a catch, but most likely a TD.
There was also a pass to Lockett, where he was hit BEFORE the ball even got there, and no pass interference called?

stack55

Reaction score
This loss is on PC. After we got a 17 point lead Petey
Decided to get super conservative. Like we don't need to score
Any more points, our D will hold them. After that it was just
Hand the the ball off.
Lots of three and outs. Our defense got wore out. This is a
Pathetic loss.
Legion of boom, RIP

Chawks1

Reaction score
chris98251":2ladl8lc said:
seahawk12thman":2ladl8lc said:
Sports Hernia":2ladl8lc said:
seahawk12thman":2ladl8lc said:
Don't blame the Oline.

The Hawks should have easily won this game. For those of you that have the game recorder, watch the cushion Bengal DB's were giving our receivers (9-11 yards every play) including the 3rd and 4 play which would have given us the first down and win. WHY IN THE HELL WERE WE NOT THROWING BUBBLE SCREENS TO LOCKETT????? By not taking the yards the Bengals were giving us, we played to their strengths, since the Bengals could just bunch up 10 yards down the field giving Russell Wilson no passing lanes. THEY WERE GIVING US 5 YARDS A PLAY AND THIS HAPPENED IN THE RAMS GAME AS WELL!!. No excuses, Wilson needs to audible and check down. This was not on Bevell. If our Quarterback can't recognize this then why is he spending all this time in the film room????

End of Story.

If you watched the tape you wouldn't be making incoherent statements. It is up to the quarterback to make audibles, wilson has that power. You are blindly making uninformed statements.

Wilson does not Audible unless he is in a hurry up, once he breaks the huddle you never see him change the play up, you don't see any position shifts, how often is he stepping back and yelling out the new play to the receivers or to the back. Very, very, rarely.

Not true. The first TD to Kearse was an audible. It is the QBs job to make adjustments at the line when the D has an advantage. IMO this is where RW struggles. $20m QBs adjust to defenses and make them pay. Dalton outplayed him today.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":16yqoj1v said:
seahawk12thman":16yqoj1v said:
Sports Hernia":16yqoj1v said:
seahawk12thman":16yqoj1v said:
Don't blame the Oline.

End of Story.

If you watched the tape you wouldn't be making incoherent statements. It is up to the quarterback to make audibles, wilson has that power. You are blindly making uninformed statements.

Wilson does not Audible unless he is in a hurry up, once he breaks the huddle you never see him change the play up, you don't see any position shifts, how often is he stepping back and yelling out the new play to the receivers or to the back. Very, very, rarely.
Wilson pulled out his mouth piece and change the play SEVERAL TIMES TODAY..... with some success.

Chawker

Reaction score
I would of liked to seen (after Rawls long run) a couple of play action plays on second down maybe a 20 yard pass to Graham up the seem.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawkporvida":1t49u81v said:
Cause Wilson sucks !!! Bring back dave krieg at least he knows how to read a defense worthless wilson !!

Niner troll radar is going off.

88628-Troll-Spray.png

hawksmode

Reaction score
stack55":6wbnesrc said:
This loss is on PC. After we got a 17 point lead Petey
Decided to get super conservative. Like we don't need to score
Any more points, our D will hold them. After that it was just
Hand the the ball off.
Lots of three and outs. Our defense got wore out. This is a
Pathetic loss.
Legion of boom, RIP

Same thing happened in the super bowl!!!!!

mikeak

Reaction score
JimmyG":11p4enle said:
Sports Hernia":11p4enle said:
seahawk12thman":11p4enle said:
Don't blame the Oline.

End of Story.
If you think Bevell is at fault, then give examples. seahawk12thman had a very strong, detailed, convincing post, with specific examples of why he felt that way. Your response -- which is becoming increasingly common around here lately when anyone responds about our OC -- was just mindlessly throwing Bevell under the bus without any excuse other than "he sucks". It's hackneyed and it discourages any meaningful discussion.

The only specific thing you said was "6 possessions, 6 punts". Saying that's the OC's fault is far from a foregone conclusion. I watched the Dallas game today, and the Dallas offense was miserable. Do you think it's the OC's fault? No, I'd probably say it's because Weeden sucks.

I gave examples and they were ignored. Selective reading?

Laloosh

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2o0sn6fk said:
Don't blame the Oline.

End of Story.

I think you're exaggerating a bit. The 3rd and 4 for example. Wilson's first read was to Lockett's side but there were three defenders all within a few yards of the marker. The designed route is what the corner was waiting to jump (he's watching Wilson the entire time). To make matters worse, the DE is in Wilson's face in about 1 second. He has very little time to make a decision and rather than throw a pick six to a hitch route, he threw it where Kearse had a chance if he beats his man 1:1.

C5mUk4z.gif

Sure, Russ could have audibled to a screen (or maybe he can't, I don't know) but he'd be throwing to a receiver with 1 blocker and three defenders to account for.

[edit] Seem to recall another 3rd and 4 later int he game. Will check so don't go all Hope Solo on me (and you did say all of the 3rd and 4th quarter).

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":22ngwhw5 said:
Sports Hernia":22ngwhw5 said:
seahawk12thman":22ngwhw5 said:
Don't blame the Oline.

End of Story.

I watched the game, I don't have to pretend to be a professional tape watcher, blindly uniformed statements is exactly what your original post is full of. You're projecting.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mikeak":2i8l8km7 said:
SeatownJay":2i8l8km7 said:
There's one play I can't get over. In the 3rd quarter Russell goes deep to Lockett. Tyler makes the catch and is initially ruled inbounds for a 40 yard gain, but replay shows that he got one foot out of bounds. If Russ throws that ball more in the field instead of leading Lockett to the sideline it's not only a catch, but most likely a TD.

Yes better ball placement by RW should have been there on that one

Should an NFL receiver drag his second foot instead of forgetting the basic differences between college and NFL - absolutely

That was on both of them
I think that's on Russ a bit more than Tyler, but give Tyler another few games and he'll be more aware of his footwork on the sideline. It took Baldwin some time to learn that skill and perfect it.

mrt144

Reaction score
jake206":35xl2kxy said:
Is everyone ready put Wilson under the bus, already?

Those who think that repeating Wilson needs to play better in all ways is somehow keen insight or actionable commentary.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Here's the other 3rd and 4. As I said, I think the OP is exaggerating.

PLLHxK8.gif

mrt144

Reaction score
Laloosh":ztetog05 said:
Here's the other 3rd and 4. As I said, I think the OP is exaggerating.

PLLHxK8.gif

Yes. I yelled at Wilson to throw it during the play and then watched the replay of the routes and Wilson either needs to throw into coverage and hope the receiver makes a play or find another way to get the first.

Everyone's gut instinct is that Wilson has an open read and he isn't pulling the trigger because of various inherent reasons but it's just not true - while Wilson is the focal point of initiating successful plays, nobody, even Wilson himself is doing any favors to the rest of the team in making that happen from one play to the next.

Sealake80

Reaction score
I've gone from finding .net a great place to gain perspective on my favorite team to finding it funny as hell. :snack:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yeah teams have been doing what we do, giving up 3 to 4 yards. We are behind the dink and dunk. We blindly just run the ball, even if there is 8 in the box. Our scheme is fine, play calling is questionable on both sides.

We just gave the Bengals our 2012 Bears game.

mikeak

Reaction score
Laloosh - good gifs which align with my first point saying that RW should complete passes just because he gets 3 secs to throw is over simplifying. Guys actually needs to be open as well

To blame RW for not COMPLETELY changing every play at the LOS doesn't even deserve an answer even if I have answered it