Adrian Peterson: Marshawn is 2nd to me

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
LOL are we actually trying to turn this against AP. The guy gave Marshawn a million compliments. Did you guys really expect him to say, "Yeah I'm second to Marshawn, he is better than me."

SkolVikes

Reaction score
Largent80":3w16ewyd said:
I LOVE it. M.L. comes back for his first game vs. a child abuser in his house and gives bulletin board material.

Hey AP, you gained 18 yards against us earlier this year. Shut up maybe?
He was complimentin him. Maybe you need to shut up?

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Another reactionary phenomenon I have observed about this board. One poster talks some smack about a rival . . . and then another 15 posters pile on as though they are reacting against some kind of universal misperception among Seahawks fans, rather than seeing it for what it is, which is one poster's opinion that they may or may not have taken out of context.

RussB

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":74hpcga6 said:
LOL are we actually trying to turn this against AP. The guy gave Marshawn a million compliments. Did you guys really expect him to say, "Yeah I'm second to Marshawn, he is better than me."
Thats exactly what he should have said.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hur19l5 said:
Largent80":3hur19l5 said:
I LOVE it. M.L. comes back for his first game vs. a child abuser in his house and gives bulletin board material.

AP paid Lynch like 18 compliments in one paragraph, and this is what you got out of it? lol.

AP led the league in rushing and TD's, AP speaks the truth.

Beat me to it. Everything AP said is true.

Look at it this way; Peterson looks like a guy that can play another 2 years. Lynch looks like a guy that's on the verge of needing to retire. And I hate saying that and I hope I'm wrong and Lynch is just a bit snake bit this year.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
SkolVikes":2hozd6az said:
Largent80":2hozd6az said:

He was complimentin him. Maybe you need to shut up?

Easy there, Skoal Long Cut... Don't get your fur lined underwear in a bunch... L80 can interpret the statement any way he likes on his home board... Not like he was insulting Odin or something...

irocdave

Reaction score
I didn't see any slights to MS in AP's comments, just praise. If the Hawks had Pete as HC and MS 3 years earlier, I think MS may have better career stats but that's not the case. AP came back from a major knee injury and it looks like it had little impact on his production. AP is the best back in the NFL. Of course, as should be expected, Lynch will try and prove otherwise this coming Sunday. If MS had not had surgery 6 weeks ago I think MS may have similar numbers as AP this year. AP is a grade A+ back and MS is a grade A back. The difference is minute when they are both healthy and the Hawks O line plays at an average level.

I'm concerned that MS might struggle to hold on to the ball in this weekends game. Cold is one thing, but this game might be played in the coldest temperatures ever for a play off game. I've worked in these temps once for 2 days. You lose all feeling in your hands and feet after a half hour (even with layers of clothing) and breathing deep has a real potential for damage to your lungs. We worked for 2 hours then went to the crew shack and warmed up, then did it again. I couldn't imagine being hit multiple times in those temps. The temps will have a huge impact on this game. The ball will feel like it weights 10 pounds and covered in ice. Going to be lots of balls on the ground....and the passing game will be almost non existent.

Rob12

Reaction score
I'd rather have Lynch, but what did AP say that was bad? He was praising Marshawn a lot. So he thinks he is better - so what, he's supposed to.

It's just too bad for him that come Sunday...

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
AP's not wrong. He's an entirely different animal. I have him as the greatest running back of all time regardless of what he does going forward. I've seen enough.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":28urdosh said:
AP's not wrong. He's an entirely different animal. I have him as the greatest running back of all time regardless of what he does going forward. I've seen enough.
Then it sounds like you never saw Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, Walter Payton and most importantly , the incomparable Jim Brown.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2el4y5da said:
There's one stat Marshawn leads Peterson in......Super Bowl championships.

Lynch - 1
Peterson - 0

Ya cuz Lynch contributed so much to that superbowl victory.... 15 carries for 39 yards and a TD.... :roll:

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3cvm08tt said:
HuskerHawk":3cvm08tt said:
Then it sounds like you never saw Barry Sanders, Emmit Smith, Walter Payton and most importantly , the incomparable Jim Brown.

As just a runner AP is THE best. As an all around RB there are better rbs. His blocking is average at best and in the passing game he usually hasnt been used all that much. Outside of one year of Favre, AP has had shit at the QB position with the offense running through him and defenses having to key and stop him. Teddy did ok this year...90 QB rating or so I believe...but still, AP has had not much around him his whole career. He literally carried the vikings to the playoffs in his MVP year.

I know you guys probably havent watched much AP but believe me he is a better runner than Lynch and has been the best active RB for a while. He has pure power, elusiveness and speed. His cuts are top notch, just look at some of his runs

peterson_medium.gif

Allday
Giphy

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2l1l9c0i said:
hawksfansinceday1":2l1l9c0i said:

Lynch - 1
Peterson - 0

Ya cuz Lynch contributed so much to that superbowl victory.... 15 carries for 39 yards and a TD.... :roll:
Um, so Seattle gets there without him?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":q6mmzi37 said:
WilsonMVP":q6mmzi37 said:
hawksfansinceday1":q6mmzi37 said:

Lynch - 1
Peterson - 0

Harvin contributed more in the superbowl than Lynch did.....Ya he did good the 2 previous games but since you were saying championships Lynch didnt really do much in the actual game he won a championship in.

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":r3p049b8 said:
hawksfansinceday1":r3p049b8 said:
WilsonMVP":r3p049b8 said:
hawksfansinceday1":r3p049b8 said:

Lynch - 1
Peterson - 0

Harvin contributed more in the superbowl than Lynch did.....Ya he did good the 2 previous games but since you were saying championships Lynch didnt really do much in the actual game he won a championship in.

Winning a championship is not about just one game. :34853_doh: