Adrian Peterson: Marshawn is 2nd to me

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah the Denver defense had no fear of Lynch, they stacked the box on him and we simply just toasted them with Wilsons arm, no stats can measure opponents fear of the Beast, also the defense gave us a nice cushion as well. But Denver in panic mode did not want us to eat time on the ground even after we got the lead hoping to make a comeback. They didn't fear Wilsons arm and our WR's. They paid for that mistake.

Rob12

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2yjbj06k said:
hawksfansinceday1":2yjbj06k said:
WilsonMVP":2yjbj06k said:
hawksfansinceday1":2yjbj06k said:
There's one stat Marshawn leads Peterson in......Super Bowl championships.

Lynch - 1
Peterson - 0

Ya cuz Lynch contributed so much to that superbowl victory.... 15 carries for 39 yards and a TD.... :roll:
Um, so Seattle gets there without him?

Harvin contributed more in the superbowl than Lynch did.....Ya he did good the 2 previous games but since you were saying championships Lynch didnt really do much in the actual game he won a championship in.

So, um... How about the previous 18 games before the SB, or the fact that many things were opened up for RW in the passing game due to Marshawn? Or I don't know, maybe how he sustained drives and kept the defense fresh?

:pukeface:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Didn't AP fall only like 7 yards short of the total yards rushing record? and heck did have the chance to beat the record. Why wouldn't he see himself as #1?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Adrian? Seriously? Really? Why make the bull mad....that isn't what a good matador does. I'm being serious here Adrian.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think Lynch will be mad, I do think he will tell his lineman buddies and our defense to give a little bit extra to show everyone who is really number one.

sutz

Reaction score
Harvin contributed more in the superbowl than Lynch did.....Ya he did good the 2 previous games but since you were saying championships Lynch didnt really do much in the actual game he won a championship in.

In the grand scheme of things, Harvin's TD returns were pretty meaningless in that game. Sure he had a couple of other plays, but really, he wasn't the MVP in any sense of the word.

:229031_shrug:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":28clfnof said:
hawksfansinceday1":28clfnof said:
WilsonMVP":28clfnof said:
hawksfansinceday1":28clfnof said:
There's one stat Marshawn leads Peterson in......Super Bowl championships.

Lynch - 1
Peterson - 0

Ya cuz Lynch contributed so much to that superbowl victory.... 15 carries for 39 yards and a TD.... :roll:
Um, so Seattle gets there without him?

Hot-Takes-Alert.jpg

One of the worst posts in a long time on .NET

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":or9h3q7m said:
I LOVE it. M.L. comes back for his first game vs. a child abuser in his house and gives bulletin board material.

Hey AP, you gained 18 yards against us earlier this year. Shut up maybe?

"I remember coming out [of college] with him. We trained together in Arizona, and I knew he was going to be a force to be reckoned with," Peterson said. "He's 'Beast Mode' for a reason: He's a physical runner. He plays fast. His lateral movement, cuts, his vision is top of the line. Even though he didn't play much this year, I would say he's probably the second-best back in the league. I'd give it to him, hands-down."

"I'm a guy with a little more speed. I don't think he's got the same jump-cut as me. But his lateral movement, his ability to get through guys is amazing."

OMG SUCH BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL OH NOES.

Literally nothing he said was 1) insulting 2) false

Rob12

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1567igk9 said:
Largent80":1567igk9 said:
I LOVE it. M.L. comes back for his first game vs. a child abuser in his house and gives bulletin board material.

Hey AP, you gained 18 yards against us earlier this year. Shut up maybe?

"I remember coming out [of college] with him. We trained together in Arizona, and I knew he was going to be a force to be reckoned with," Peterson said. "He's 'Beast Mode' for a reason: He's a physical runner. He plays fast. His lateral movement, cuts, his vision is top of the line. Even though he didn't play much this year, I would say he's probably the second-best back in the league. I'd give it to him, hands-down."

"I'm a guy with a little more speed. I don't think he's got the same jump-cut as me. But his lateral movement, his ability to get through guys is amazing."

OMG SUCH BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL OH NOES.

Literally nothing he said was 1) insulting 2) false

Agreed, all he did was shower praise at Marshawn.

He was never going to say Beast is better. And he shouldn't.

Rob12

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2vmibbd0 said:
Didn't AP fall only like 7 yards short of the total yards rushing record? and heck did have the chance to beat the record. Why wouldn't he see himself as #1?

Especially when you consider...

Has Minnesota ever had a potent passing attack since AP's arrival? He's lived through Christian Ponder... I mean, Favre was good there for a bit. But has he ever played with a truly elite QB? Teams know what to prepare for when playing Minnesota - stop AP. Few have been able to do it. We're one of the teams that did, earlier this season. But throughout his career, defenses always committed to stopping him. And he's delivered some HoF numbers.

I don't know what people expected him to say. I really don't. He completely gave a massive amount of credit to Beast.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2sy6m4ka said:

So basically your saying that Harvin is more deserving of his super bowl ring than Marshawn is?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":wgtmhfgn said:
WilsonMVP":wgtmhfgn said:

Hot-Takes-Alert.jpg

One of the worst posts in a long time on .NET

Agreed. And considering the forum, that's saying a lot.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rob12":1yo12pq6 said:
ZagHawk":1yo12pq6 said:

Has Minnesota ever had a potent passing attack since AP's arrival? He's lived through Christian Ponder... I mean, Favre was good there for a bit. But has he ever played with a truly elite QB? Teams know what to prepare for when playing Minnesota - stop AP. Few have been able to do it. We're one of the teams that did, earlier this season. But throughout his career, defenses always committed to stopping him. And he's delivered some HoF numbers.

I don't know what people expected him to say. I really don't. He completely gave a massive amount of credit to Beast.
He actually said the 100% truth. You don't do that when talking about Marshawn or even the current Seahawks. It's just fuel to the fire. Not joking it's just fact. Give it one more Superbowl trophy and Wilson 1-2 more years and we'll be this generation's New England. You never discount New England. And going forward you never discount Seattle. Book it.

themunn

Reaction score
Rob12":19mc4527 said:
ZagHawk":19mc4527 said:

Not only did he live through Christian Ponder, he nearly set an NFL record with him at QB.
I have no problem saying AP is one of the greatest of all time, and no problem with him saying he's number 1 ahead of Lynch (and I have no problem with Lynch saying he's number 1 ahead of AP, or Le'Veon Bell saying he's ahead of both - that's what pro football players are supposed to think when they're at the top)

Vikes45

Reaction score
I don't think it will be shocking news to you guys when I tell you that Peterson is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I haven't paid much attention to anything he's said in more than a few years.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
When you're on that level of course you'll think you're the best. No doubt Lynch himself thinks he's the best. Same goes for Bell of course. Even Murray might still believe in his hype from last year and think himself the best.

When someone of that level goes out of his way to call someone the best out of anyone not me than that's a sign of respect.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
sutz":3k02x7kl said:

In the grand scheme of things, Harvin's TD returns were pretty meaningless in that game. Sure he had a couple of other plays, but really, he wasn't the MVP in any sense of the word.

He was our leading rusher with 2 runs..so...

Not saying Lynch is bad or anything but saying he is better because he has a championship...even though he was pretty bad in that championship, i disagree with. Like I have said...AP has had nothing outside of 1 good year of Favre. Lets see...Brad Johnson, Tarvaris Jackson, Kelly Holcombe, Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte, Joe Webb, Ponder, Mcnabb, Cassell.

I dont know why people think my post is bad. Harvin was crap here but he outperformed Lynch in the superbowl...how that is even questionable is beyond me. Last I checked you dont win a ring in the NFC Championship game you have to actually win the superbowl. Lynch had 17 yards and a TD(2 tries at the 1) in the entire first half on 11 carries. Sorry if I am calling it like it is but the Defense and Wilson won that game not lynch.

Lynch has played in 10 playoff games and apart from the game against the Bears where he had 2 yards on 4 carries it was his worst performance and it happened in the Superbowl yet you want to tell me he is better than AP because he has a title, please...my post is not dumb

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2zk1xrkd said:
sutz":2zk1xrkd said:

He was our leading rusher with 2 runs..so...

Not saying Lynch is bad or anything but saying he is better because he has a championship...even though he was pretty bad in that championship, i disagree with. Like I have said...AP has had nothing outside of 1 good year of Favre. Lets see...Brad Johnson, Tarvaris Jackson, Kelly Holcombe, Brooks Bollinger, Gus Frerotte, Joe Webb, Ponder, Mcnabb, Cassell.

I dont know why people think my post is bad. Harvin was crap here but he outperformed Lynch in the superbowl...how that is even questionable is beyond me. Last I checked you dont win a ring in the NFC Championship game you have to actually win the superbowl. Lynch had 17 yards and a TD(2 tries at the 1) in the entire first half on 11 carries. Sorry if I am calling it like it is but the Defense and Wilson won that game not lynch.

We wouldn't have even been there without Marshawn Lynch.

Latest posts