A pregame toast.

MOSES

Reaction score
If I could time travel, I would travel back to a little bar in Detroit, Michigan on February 4th, 2006. Inside there, I sat with my brother from another mother Neil Hart and so many other wonderful people I consider family. While celebrating our NFL team's first Super Bowl appearance, Neil raised his beer and implored me to just take a moment and 'look around and drink it in.'

I would travel back in time to tell the people in that bar... you haven't seen ANYTHING yet in Seahawk football.

Win or lose today, I am so proud and excited to have the amazing last couple of seasons of Seahawk football. No matter what happens today, the Seahawks will once again be one of the teams having a realistic chance to be back in the Super Bowl again.

All of the years of being 'the best 8-8 team in the league', of just hoping to get to the playoffs, of anxiously waiting for draft day, and seeing everyone else enjoy great success.

This is our time. Finally. And I am drinking it in, win or lose today.

Cheers to all of you here at seahawks.net.

Maulbert

Reaction score
MOSES":16hb6oi4 said:
If I could time travel, I would travel back to a little bar in Detroit, Michigan on February 4th, 2005. Inside there, I sat with my brother from another mother Neil Hart and so many other wonderful people I consider family. While celebrating our NFL team's first Super Bowl appearance, Neil raised his beer and implored me to just take a moment and 'look around and drink it in.'

I would travel back in time to tell the people in that bar... you haven't seen ANYTHING yet in Seahawk football.

Win or lose today, I am so proud and excited to have the amazing last couple of seasons of Seahawk football. No matter what happens today, the Seahawks will once again be one of the teams having a realistic chance to be back in the Super Bowl again.

All of the years of being 'the best 8-8 team in the league', of just hoping to get to the playoffs, of anxiously waiting for draft day, and seeing everyone else enjoy great success.

This is our time. Finally. And I am drinking it in, win or lose today.

Cheers to all of you here at seahawks.net.

I think you have the date wrong. That was 2 days before Super Bowl XXXIX, when the Patriots beat the Eagles 24-21 in Jacksonville.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
If I could travel back in time, I would start by putting money into that little Microsoft startup company.... Then I would start talking football smack talk.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If I could travel back in time, I would tell myself to invest in several stocks. And all the stuff you said too.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. *raises Propel water bottle; wishes it wasn't too early to drink*

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Yes to the traveling back to invest in Microsoft and Amazon...

But thanks, OP, even if your date was slightly off (The 'Hawks played their first SB in Feb 2006, after the 2005 season). I understand the sentiment. We've enjoyed some pretty unprecedented success for our franchise. It sure beats the 2-14 season of Dan Mcquire/ (Rick Mirer?) and MY first year as a true Hawks fan.

Whatever happens today, and always. Go Hawks!

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
Amen...I remember having a tear in my eye when I watched the Kingdome come down from all of the years I dreamed of this very moment. We are here, we are at the top of the hill. We made it!

LyndseyG

Reaction score
If I could go back in time I would become a Seahawks fan 8 years earlier!!

Amen, Brother Moses and cheers!

I'm getting stoked now!!

:thirishdrinkers:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Here's to all the 12s and to you Moses for a great post. :229031_cheers:

Enjoy the golden age of Seahawks football folks. It has started, but it's far from over. Very far.

Latest posts