A good laugh to lighten the mood

James in PA

Reaction score

RiverDog

Reaction score
Payton is simply being politically correct. They don't need to make a decision on Russell until March at the earliest, so why come out and say anything besides what he said, ie that a decision hasn't been made?

Some here are quick to point out the obvious, that Russell is no longer on our team and that his plight no longer has any effect on us whatsoever, so why should we care? My answer to that question is that it is an interesting drama, not unlike a former neighbor or former co-worker still draws our interest even though we no longer live next to them or work with them anymore, so as a result, if I see an article on Russell, I'll always click on it.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I have mixed emotions about this real life soap opera. On the one hand, Russell deserves every bit of this ridicule and failure. IMO the way he left the Seahawks was disgraceful, outright lying to his fans as to his intentions, soaking up the limelight, posting all sorts of personal stuff on social media, constantly displaying his cringy-ness with his Dangerwich and knee highs on airliners.

But on the other hand, there are a lot worse people in this world than Russell Wilson, and I feel bad rooting against one of the good guys.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Couldn't care less about that team, that player or that coach.

Go Hawks.
That's great but nobody asked you. You add nothing to the conversation by whining at people for talking about nfl in the nfl forum. The topic was the Denver Broncos, not Soulfishawk. If you don't care feel free to not be an a-hole and simply not comment

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's great but nobody asked you. You add nothing to the conversation by whining at people for talking about nfl in the nfl forum. The topic was the Denver Broncos, not Soulfishawk. If you don't care feel free to not be an a-hole and simply not comment
I gotta stick up for my friend @SoulfishHawk. His 'who cares' remark was him expressing his opinion, that the subject of Russell Wilson is tiresome to him. He wasn't trying to be an A-hole or criticize others for discussing the subject. Or at least that's how I took the remark.

Last edited:

Welshers2

Reaction score
I gotta stick up for my friend @SoulfishHawk. His 'who cares' remark was him expressing his opinion, that the subject of Russell Wilson is tiresome to him. He wasn't trying to be an A-hole or criticize others for discussing the subject. Or at least that's how I took the remark.
If he didn't do it in every thread and try to constantly tell people how to "fan" then it wouldn't be an issue. I'm far from the only person to point out that this is a recurring theme of his

olyfan63

Reaction score
If he didn't do it in every thread and try to constantly tell people how to "fan" then it wouldn't be an issue. I'm far from the only person to point out that this is a recurring theme of his
Well said. Now if he occasionally switched it up a bit, like "Russell is dead to me" it would seem different and fresher.
Now we just need Arlos to weigh in on who got their fudge packed, did Russell get his, or did Russell do the packing?

I'm on the side of the Broncos were the pack-ee. Russell can add a lot of bathrooms to his mansion with all the money the Broncos will be paying him not to play.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Could be. I don't read all that many threads in here or follow individual posters.

However, in this particular instance, I don't think he was lecturing any other poster. JMHO.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Russ would be an ok back up at this point of his career.
Russ be OK as a starter based on pure plying ability this season. Not sure if he is good for the team and he certainly needs to be carefully managed and certainly not worth his Broncos contract, but I could see somone wiling to start him on vet min or even a $10-$20m one year contract.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love it. Good stuff. Calling someone an a-hole is actually BEING an a-hole.

It's a tired subject for 2 years. He's gone, it's great. Put me on ignore, it's easy to do.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Love it. Good stuff. Calling someone an a-hole is actually BEING an a-hole.

It's a tired subject for 2 years. He's gone, it's great. Put me on ignore, it's easy to do.
You literally just called me an a-hole the other day so you're being a gigantic hypocrite as always. I wish we could just be lovers