Team3 - this is so good. I want to see this develop. Eat 100MM dead cap?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I just rewatched Wilson's Mr. Unliiiiiimited video, and noticed something I didn't notice before, in the video he says something like "who do you go to for advice? You might think Pete Carroll, but no, it's Mr. Unliiiiiiimited!". So he's telling all his followers he goes to himself for advice. I might not have thought anything of it at the time, but in hindsight, that was pretty telling.
Very true.

Remember when Wilson dressed up like Carroll for Halloween? He was trying to be all funny with the gray hair and headset and bubble gum.

But deep down, you could tell this was a moment that really tainted that relationship. Carroll has a good sense of humor, but he took exception to this act by Wilson. From that moment on, their relationship got worse and worse.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I just rewatched Wilson's Mr. Unliiiiiimited video, and noticed something I didn't notice before, in the video he says something like "who do you go to for advice? You might think Pete Carroll, but no, it's Mr. Unliiiiiiimited!". So he's telling all his followers he goes to himself for advice. I might not have thought anything of it at the time, but in hindsight, that was pretty telling.
Not disturbing at all, right?

Seinfeld: "Jimmy's NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!"

Too funny.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I've been a Seahawks fan since '76, and I still really dislike both the Raiders and the Broncos from the Seahawks' time in the AFC West. I'm not sure why I don't have the same dislike for the Chargers and Chiefs, but I don't. I've rooted for both in Super Bowls against the Gold Diggers. The '94 Chargers let me down. The 2019 Chiefs didn't.

Oh, there is one thing... I rooted for the Broncos over the Cheatriots in the 2010 decade, but only when they were playing the Cheatriots.

Anyway, I love that Wilson's contract is so bad for the Broncos. I love that the Seahawks fleeced the bejeezus out of the Broncos in the Wilson trade. I greatly enjoyed the 2022 season opener on MNF. Not only did the Seahawks start the season winning, but they made the Broncos start the season with a loss when pretty much everyone in the media (and the Broncos fan base, and to be fair, most NFL fans) thought the Broncos would win easily.

Wilson's comments last year that he had wanted to go somewhere that "wanted to win," and that he "wouldn't have to carry" the Broncos rubbed me the wrong way, so that gave me some extra enjoyment during that first MNF game last season, and through Wilson's terrible season. It made me even more glad that it's not the Seahawks overpaying him.

I'm sincerely hoping the Wilson contract continues to give this anti-Bronco fan much to enjoy. I still can't decide if I'd rather see the Broncos eat $85M in dead money to dump him next offseason (even if they do it after June 1 of next year, it's still $35.4M of dead money in 2024 plus $49.6M of dead money in 2025) or continue to waste cap space for even more seasons on a QB who was probably never as good as his cap hits would require him to be, and who is not aging well. Either way, I'm expecting good, good things, and I wish I could personally thank John Schneider for dropping that bomb on the still-loathed Broncos while getting cap relief, Charles Cross, Boye Mafe, Tyreke Smith (OK, he hasn't played yet, but he still might), Devon Witherspoon, Derick Hall, Noah Fant, Drew Lock, and a year of Shelby Harris, and simultaneously keeping the Broncos from getting the benefit of the high draft picks that usually come from a disastrous season. Yow!
Nicely said.

I look forward to slagging both the Donks and Me3 for years to come. I mean - honestly - Russ won, right - He's got 1/4 of a Billion dollars - and I have much much much less. But it's fun, and I like to see douchebags at least get part of their come uppance.

I'm just looking forward to the battle between the jackass/narcissist QB and the evil overlord Coach this year. Gonna be awesome.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Kinda like ME3 resurgence happens, Ciara then Runs off with Vanilla Ice to help with his Home Construction and renovation projects, also so she can wear short shorts and be on TV, Me3 is crushed and falls apart on National TV.
As he appears on celebrity rehab.

Heavy on "celebrity"

BASF

Reaction score
Nicely said.

I look forward to slagging both the Donks and Me3 for years to come. I mean - honestly - Russ won, right - He's got 1/4 of a Billion dollars - and I have much much much less. But it's fun, and I like to see douchebags at least get part of their come uppance.

I'm just looking forward to the battle between the jackass/narcissist QB and the evil overlord Coach this year. Gonna be awesome.
I doubt he will be in the league when we play again.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well I get a front row seat to the show being where I'm at, it should be interesting. I have to admit it was totally fun watching him fail in such epic fashion last year.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

This week 18 win under Jerry Rosberg shows Russ’ ceiling. It’s not terrible, but not extraordinary. Good for 9-8, 8-9.