Team3 - this is so good. I want to see this develop. Eat 100MM dead cap?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This literally just keeps getting better and better.

Mark my F'ing words. There will be a Team3/Payton cage match. It's going to be epic. It's going to end in fireworks.

I can HARDLY WAIT. I'd get my popcorn - but apparently I'm allergic to corn! Don't worry! I'll find other snacks!!!!!!!

The only problem: I hate them BOTH so much - I can't pick who I want to win!

bileever

Reaction score
By all means, keep hate alive! I think Payton and Wilson will both lose, either together, or separately.

toffee

Reaction score

Mark my F'ing words. There will be a Team3/Payton cage match. It's going to be epic. It's going to end in fireworks.

I can HARDLY WAIT. I'd get my popcorn - but apparently I'm allergic to corn! Don't worry! I'll find other snacks!!!!!!!

Or, Wilson has a renaissance under Sean, I predict a short honeymoon period just so Broncos' fans get their hope up, then Wilson will want to have his ways again.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Last season, we had a vested interest in Russell's performance as the worse they did, the better the draft picks, so I was rooting heavily against him and the Broncos. This season, I'll be watching the Broncos and RW3 with just a passing interest. It will be good drama and I'll certainly tune into any game of his that's available, but except as it relates to our own team's fate, I'm neither rooting for or against him.

I've learned long ago not to get emotionally attached to professional sports players. Heck, I won't even wear another player's name or number on my back as I don't consider them to be any greater or lesser persons than any of my friends or family, and I'm not putting them on a pedestal as if they're some sort of deity. Unless I personally knew them, the only players I'd even consider wearing their name/number would be those that are retired, it Largent, Walt, etc. That's why I was quite neutral when the trade was announced, neither celebrating or weeping. I'm all about our team.

As players are so fond of saying, it's a business, so I have no more commitment to them as they do to me. Russell used to be one of my all time favorite Hawks, but now, he's just another quarterback on a team in the opposite conference from ours. If he turns it around, wins the MVP and leads his team to a Lombardi, then good for him. If he does another belly flop and is out of the league in 2 years, well, it's been nice knowing you. Thanks for your role in contributing to the best era of Seahawk football and for helping us win our only Lombardi.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Or, Wilson has a renaissance under Sean, I predict a short honeymoon period just so Broncos' fans get their hope up, then Wilson will want to have his ways again.
oooooo..... i like that version too -

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Last season, we had a vested interest in Russell's performance as the worse they did, the better the draft picks, so I was rooting heavily against him and the Broncos. This season, I'll be watching the Broncos and RW3 with just a passing interest. It will be good drama and I'll certainly tune into any game of his that's available, but except as it relates to our own team's fate, I'm neither rooting for or against him.

I've learned long ago not to get emotionally attached to professional sports players. Heck, I won't even wear another player's name or number on my back as I don't consider them to be any greater or lesser persons than any of my friends or family, and I'm not putting them on a pedestal as if they're some sort of deity. Unless I personally knew them, the only players I'd even consider wearing their name/number would be those that are retired, it Largent, Walt, etc. That's why I was quite neutral when the trade was announced, neither celebrating or weeping. I'm all about our team.

As players are so fond of saying, it's a business, so I have no more commitment to them as they do to me. Russell used to be one of my all time favorite Hawks, but now, he's just another quarterback on a team in the opposite conference from ours. If he turns it around, wins the MVP and leads his team to a Lombardi, then good for him. If he does another belly flop and is out of the league in 2 years, well, it's been nice knowing you. Thanks for your role in contributing to the best era of Seahawk football and for helping us win our only Lombardi.

We have their third, so there remains a rooting interest against him, but for me there has been a sense of satisfaction in finally seeing him get his comeuppance As he has been.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score

Payton wins and then loses epically then he tries to get his job back at the network but they already filled his spot.

Schadenfreude.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
So, the thing about Greek tragedies is that they were pretty much all about ordinary people getting all up into themselves until they thought they could challenge the gods. Or maybe the gods just looked down and saw excess hubris, which always pissed them off. So in every case the gods extracted a terrible punishment against the hubris-filled human. I kinda see the whole RW3 thing as a Greek tragedy, with him feeling fully justified in all his opinions of himself and the football gods looking down and not being pleased. With all the predictable results...

morgulon1

Reaction score
So, the thing about Greek tragedies is that they were pretty much all about ordinary people getting all up into themselves until they thought they could challenge the gods. Or maybe the gods just looked down and saw excess hubris, which always pissed them off. So in every case the gods extracted a terrible punishment against the hubris-filled human. I kinda see the whole RW3 thing as a Greek tragedy, with him feeling fully justified in all his opinions of himself and the football gods looking down and not being pleased. With all the predictable results...
Dude ... Much love

chris98251

Reaction score
Kinda like ME3 resurgence happens, Ciara then Runs off with Vanilla Ice to help with his Home Construction and renovation projects, also so she can wear short shorts and be on TV, Me3 is crushed and falls apart on National TV.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Kinda like ME3 resurgence happens, Ciara then Runs off with Vanilla Ice to help with his Home Construction and renovation projects, also so she can wear short shorts and be on TV, Me3 is crushed and falls apart on National TV.
That’s even better!

Let’s just hope!

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I’m good with the hate.

Mr unlimited huh? Suck it team3. Maybe you can lobby your skeevy ass to try and get a third HC fired - when the problem is squarely with you (me3). fortunately it failed here.

hey if they are gonna start watering down our game I can at least enjoy it WWE hatred style! We need more folding chairs on the sidelines at the ready!

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I’m good with the hate.

Mr unlimited huh? Suck it team3. Maybe you can lobby your skeevy ass to try and get a third HC fired - when the problem is squarely with you (me3). fortunately it failed here.

hey if they are gonna start watering down our game I can at least enjoy it WWE hatred style! We need more folding chairs on the sidelines at the ready!
No overtime, just a Royal Rumble in a ring that is set up somewhere.

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
Seeing Russell get taken down a couple pegs last year and us getting a high pick were enough for me. I don't need to hate him or have ill will.
Either he revives his career or he becomes the new poster boy for worst contract ever.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Me3 is who you once considered to be your best friend but when the chips were down, he sells you down the river to save his pathetic soul.

I don't hate him... but I'm not that far removed from it.

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I just rewatched Wilson's Mr. Unliiiiiimited video, and noticed something I didn't notice before, in the video he says something like "who do you go to for advice? You might think Pete Carroll, but no, it's Mr. Unliiiiiiimited!". So he's telling all his followers he goes to himself for advice. I might not have thought anything of it at the time, but in hindsight, that was pretty telling.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I've been a Seahawks fan since '76, and I still really dislike both the Raiders and the Broncos from the Seahawks' time in the AFC West. I'm not sure why I don't have the same dislike for the Chargers and Chiefs, but I don't. I've rooted for both in Super Bowls against the Gold Diggers. The '94 Chargers let me down. The 2019 Chiefs didn't.

Oh, there is one thing... I rooted for the Broncos over the Cheatriots in the 2010 decade, but only when they were playing the Cheatriots.

Anyway, I love that Wilson's contract is so bad for the Broncos. I love that the Seahawks fleeced the bejeezus out of the Broncos in the Wilson trade. I greatly enjoyed the 2022 season opener on MNF. Not only did the Seahawks start the season winning, but they made the Broncos start the season with a loss when pretty much everyone in the media (and the Broncos fan base, and to be fair, most NFL fans) thought the Broncos would win easily.

Wilson's comments last year that he had wanted to go somewhere that "wanted to win," and that he "wouldn't have to carry" the Broncos rubbed me the wrong way, so that gave me some extra enjoyment during that first MNF game last season, and through Wilson's terrible season. It made me even more glad that it's not the Seahawks overpaying him.

I'm sincerely hoping the Wilson contract continues to give this anti-Bronco fan much to enjoy. I still can't decide if I'd rather see the Broncos eat $85M in dead money to dump him next offseason (even if they do it after June 1 of next year, it's still $35.4M of dead money in 2024 plus $49.6M of dead money in 2025) or continue to waste cap space for even more seasons on a QB who was probably never as good as his cap hits would require him to be, and who is not aging well. Either way, I'm expecting good, good things, and I wish I could personally thank John Schneider for dropping that bomb on the still-loathed Broncos while getting cap relief, Charles Cross, Boye Mafe, Tyreke Smith (OK, he hasn't played yet, but he still might), Devon Witherspoon, Derick Hall, Noah Fant, Drew Lock, and a year of Shelby Harris, and simultaneously keeping the Broncos from getting the benefit of the high draft picks that usually come from a disastrous season. Yow!