9ers will be tougher than Broncos.

toffee

Reaction score
Now that I have done with celebrating the MNF and shifting focus to 9ers, I am finding them as challenging as the Broncos. A few thoughts to share:
  1. SF Defense, according to PFF, Broncos in ()
    Overall defense 63.9 (71.2) ---- Our overall offense 67.4
    Run defense 64.4 (60.1) ---- Our run offense 63.5
    Pass rushing 81.5 (86.2) ---- Our pass blocking 54.2
    Tackling 58.2 (52.8) ---- Our run blocking 59.8
    Coverage 70.9 (67.9) ---- Our passing 78.3

Our OL will be challenged, 9ers' pass rush is more dominant, but we may be able to run on them a little bit as 9ers' run defense was so so against the Bears, and tackled poorly which could be due to heavy downpour.

2. SF Offense, Broncos in ()
    Overall: 61.8 (62.5) ---- Our overall defense 55.3
    Passing: 52.2 (57.6) ---- Our coverage 51.4
    Pass blocking: 78.8 (71.6) ---- Our pass rush 65.1
    Run: 64.1 (57.8) ---- Our run defense 52
    Run Blocking : 65 (68) ---- Our tackling 36.7

If our defense couldn't improve on tackling, we will have a long night, their offense is an over match.
Based on PFF grading, our defense was overmatched by Broncos' offense, and will again by 9ers'. If we could improve on our run blocking, with Penny and KW3, we could run on the 9ers. Geno will like that as 9ers have very good pass rushing.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The experts were wrong up and down the schedule all day Sunday and Monday. But they're bound to have a good day sooner or later.
Lance is not nearly at the QB level Russ is.
Their pass rush will make some plays, but they also might rush right past our RBs so our runners can make big plays.
I believe this is a more evenly matched game than most seem to think.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
One thing I do believe about the guys we are putting on the field is they will give the best effort they can. They might make some mistakes but it won't be for lack of effort. I also think our talent level is much more on par with what we face than they are given credit for. It's going to be a game, and I think it's a game we could win.
Of course, I always go into a game believing that...LOL

Smellyman

Reaction score
They have one of the best rosters in football for sure.

Smith will have to be on point and running game must show up to have a chance.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Would we say our O-line is better than Chicago's? I would like to think it is, I think our D is better than Chicago's, I think our receivers are better than SC's, I think our run game is better especially with the injury than SC's, I think the QB situation between us and SC is TBD at this point.

I think we got this if Geno continues to move the ball efficiently.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think the Hawks need to be (and will be) more committed to the run game this week. They need to break off a couple of big runs. Geno's not going to have a lot of time unless the run game is a serious threat.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Weather may be a factor again this Sunday. They are predicting rain/wind. Also, 49ers are banged up on the oline, Kittle still isn't practicing, and they lost their starting RB.

All of that said, they are the more talent team on paper, especially on defense. Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks make a game of it, but will be surprised if they can pull out a win.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If the Bears can beat them ..the Seahawks can too. Zero faith in Lance, Mitchell is hurt, contain Debo. If the o line can hold and they can establish a good run game I think the Seahawks have a very good chance of being 2-0

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
If the Bears can beat them ..the Seahawks can too. Zero faith in Lance, Mitchell is hurt, contain Debo. If the o line can hold and they can establish a good run game I think the Seahawks have a very good chance of being 2-0
Rams will defeat Falcons, but Cardinals may not take care of Raiders. If we go 2-0, we will be one game up on the Rams, and two games up on 9ers and Cardinals.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Niners played terrible last week.

Defense will be much better.

Not sure about their offense. The QB looks awful.
But to be honest, it would be hard for him to be worse, so he will likely be better.

But even better, he will probably still look terrible.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'm not scared of Lance but am worried about their running game. There were a few runs to the outside where out looked like the Broncos schemed good plays outnumbering defenders with blockers to the outside. Niners scheme up running plays like that better than Denver does.

Better D too

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I think the Hawks need to be (and will be) more committed to the run game this week. They need to break off a couple of big runs. Geno's not going to have a lot of time unless the run game is a serious threat.
I expect they will stop the run and force Geno to beat them through the air. That’s exactly what happened in the Bears game. We spent the whole first half trying to run the ball. Bears switched in second half and started throwing the ball downfield, scoring two TDs on long passes. That was the difference in the game — along with the rain. Locket and DK need to show up in this game for the Seahawks to have a chance. Also, need the defense to create a couple turnovers like the Bears did.

Scout

Reaction score
Stop the run and screens on defense.. That puts a dent into the 49ers formula.

On offense, the Seahawks are capable of doing many quick hitters as Waldron showed that he will call that type of game to keep the 49ers front slowed down. I don't see the 49ers CBs matching up well with the Hawks WRs or TEs IMO.

xray

Reaction score
If it rains it will be close . If it's dry, SF should take this one at home by 7.

CPHawk

Reaction score
This might be one of the few games that we have the edge at QB. It will be tough, but it’s winnable.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
If our defense and run blocking improve some, we will give 9ers a good run for their $. Men, if we can win this one, we could have a '12 type season.
As i see it, denver was running at taylor and taylor was not setting the edge and turning the run back inside... i saw that several times. IMO that is a correctable coaching point hopefully that wont be as much of an issue vs the Niners... Denver wasnt running much to the other side cause Nwosu was eating them up. I also think the hawks have the advantage with the interiour line assuming that Shelby is healthy and plays ..

The more that im thinking about this the better i feel about it. i guess we will find out Sunday.its supposed to rain Sunday in SF, this should be interesting.