57 minutes w/o Read Option...why...WHY?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Was todays game evidence that Britt has been better and more important than we've given him credit for?

SC

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":388h8n3u said:
Hawkfan77":388h8n3u said:
Sports Hernia":388h8n3u said:
Hawkfan77":388h8n3u said:
I knew we couldn't go a whole day following a win without a Bevell topic...

Oh well, onto the SUPERBOWL
Neat, I knew we couldn't go all day without a Bevell fanboy running to his defense.
Oh well, onto the SUPERBOWL.

See what I did there?
Fanboy? No, but if that's what you want to focus on after a huge win, by all means
No, not focused on it, but you certainly are, just pointing out the stupidity of your post, simple as that.
I'll be enjoying a Super Bowl run while your defending your hero like there is no tomorrow, thanks for your concern however. :th2thumbs:
I tend to focus on the positive unlike yourself. But hey, if irrational hatred is your thing, then it's your thing

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
falcongoggles":37q6vh9w said:
That was text book read option sir.
Yes, but you actually think that was the first read option play called?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":289a1qt6 said:
There was really no excuse for not using the zone read all game, actually. ESPECIALLY with Richardson's speed not being out there. PA off the RO levels the playing field for that WR corp, a lot.
Not sure what the reasoning was, but Kearse's hands arent good enough to make those 'Richardson-like' plays Bev plugged him into.
Another eyebrow raiser was how Wilson, before the game-winning drive, basically told Bevell 'just a heads up, but I'm gonna audible to a play that has a chance of success.' [emoji33]

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
StoneCold":3jvt1a48 said:
Was todays game evidence that Britt has been better and more important than we've given him credit for?

SC
Don't try to convince the Britt haters of that. I have no doubt he would have done better than Bailey.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was just pissed that they even passed the ball at all. The Hawks should have pounded and pounded. They should be doing it in the SB too. GB was giving up 3 yards when they were playing the run good and RW continued to let Lynch take the read even when he had huge areas of green.

I could see setting up a team like NE, but GB has never been good against QB carries and the Hawks continued to throw in the 1st half.

I know that it was wet and that Wilson hits his guy more often than not, but Lynch would run for a fair gain and they would throw it 3 straight times. I thought that Bevell learned his lesson against Dallas, but that reared it's head again and thankfully they started running more in the 2nd half. Fortunately the defense was good enough to keep the Pack out of the end zone on 5 of those 6 drives that started on the Seattle side of the field.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":nm1isipe said:

1) Not sure why you would expect a lack of discussion about it, since Bevell's play calling was largely ass today.

2) Super Bowl is two words. Two. One, then a space, then the second word; number two. Uno, dos. Super. Bowl. Now that we've got a Lombardi Trophy already and we may very well have another one shortly, I think it's time our fan base learned how to spell the name of the title game properly.

StoneCold

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":yrzvidl3 said:
Hawkfan77":yrzvidl3 said:

1) Not sure why you would expect a lack of discussion about it, since Bevell's play calling was largely ass today.

2) Super Bowl is two words. Two. One, then a space, then the second word; number two. Uno, dos. Super. Bowl. Now that we've got a Lombardi Trophy already and we may very well have another one shortly, I think it's time our fan base learned how to spell the name of the title game properly.

you are a pyle of dousche.

sc

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":268ftczq said:
Not sure what the reasoning was, but Kearse's hands arent good enough to make those 'Richardson-like' plays Bev plugged him into.

Did he have a really bad game? Definitely. But labelying him with poor hands? How quickly you can forget about this catch where you was at full stretch across the middle960x540 and, oh yeah, this one armed catch that was kind of a big deal[vine]OpLbFv1glEO[/vine]

HawKnPeppa":268ftczq said:
Another eyebrow raiser was how Wilson, before the game-winning drive, basically told Bevell 'just a heads up, but I'm gonna audible to a play that has a chance of success.'

Hmmmm.....not really what he said. He told Bevell that they were going to get a look from Green bay that they hadn't shown all game but had practiced repeatedly for, and Kearse would be the guy that it was going to. Not a trivial thing being that Baldwin has often been the beneficiary of the touch pass over the top (Carolina and the Eagles), not Kearse. A guy who Wilson had thrown to 5 times with four interceptions so far. Put yourself in that moment; Wilson, predicting the exact scenario they would face, after going through everything they had gone through, and he's gonna go to the guy who's having one of the worst performances as a receiver, probably ever. Eyebrow raiser is the last thing I would use to describe that.

Latest posts