49ers Remain "Above Reproach"

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":o5niuwau said:
Though he was a slightly better troll than Donkospurts, so I'll give him a little credit, but a notch below AlaskaSaintsfan in the story and drama department. 8)

Oh that's right! AlaskaSaint was the ultimate in the drama department. That was truly next level trolling. JZ didn't dig that far, but he certainly set off the detection threshold of Bullshit.

It won't be long, another will return and that one will fail too.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Though you do know I was thinking troll way upthread? I just like your guys style. So mean without being mean. That's a skill.

Laloosh

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":37yr7dqs said:
Though you do know I was thinking troll way upthread? I just like your guys style. So mean without being mean. That's a skill.

It's like hunting pheasant; have to beat some brush if you're going to find 'em...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
rideaducati":2ssy7dtp said:
loafoftatupu":2ssy7dtp said:
twisted_steel2":2ssy7dtp said:
This might well be a typo, did you mean you were born at a Bellevue hospital?

Because there is no hospital here called, "Bellevue Hospital".

Interesting. Story starting to unravel... :snack: :D

Twisted with the final nail in the coffin. :49ersmall:

There is an insane asylum called Bellevue Hospital...maybe that's what he meant.

Hmm. I'm a little late to this thread, but his IP does place him in Brooklyn, NY, in the heart of New York City.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":434m9wl6 said:
rideaducati":434m9wl6 said:
loafoftatupu":434m9wl6 said:
twisted_steel2":434m9wl6 said:

There is an insane asylum called Bellevue Hospital...maybe that's what he meant.

Hmm. I'm a little late to this thread, but his IP does place him in Brooklyn, NY, in the heart of New York City.
Woah! A Giants troll? Plans within plans...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2t4pzfp2 said:

"Anybody who runs, is a VC. Anybody who stands still, is a well trained VC."

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2op9khvb said:
Seahawk Sailor":2op9khvb said:
rideaducati":2op9khvb said:
loafoftatupu":2op9khvb said:

Woah! A Giants troll? Plans within plans...
Naw, my money is still on a whiners troll, since he was over extending himself to stick up for that team and fanbase.

A London Hawk

Reaction score
He did mention he worked on Wall Street and hadn't been back to Seattle in a while.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A London Hawk":1sla1wty said:
He did mention he worked on Wall Street and hadn't been back to Seattle in a while.
He also mentioned that he had a washington state drivers license. If you haven't lived here in awhile he'd have a New York State DL.

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
Well now that jizzard is gone, i want to comment back on that beats (san)fiasco. I really believe that the backlash from the 12's forced Dre to sign Sherm and made a contrived effort to show his love to sherm before the seahawk game, so to quell the venom that seahawks had for his slightly better then stock headphones. That's the way I felt when I saw that staged hug. :pukeface: b

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3ei5xo3y said:
Marvin49":3ei5xo3y said:
loafoftatupu":3ei5xo3y said:
Giedi":3ei5xo3y said:
I think Pete is pretty smart not to comment on things like that. He has better things to do. Anyway, most likely anything he says - be it good or bad - will be twisted anyway to suite whoever's point of view is repeating it. As for Harbaugh, he's a totally different personality than Pete. Totally different. He's going to say what he's going to say and I don't think he cares very much how people take it. Pete's more circumspect and chooses his words more carefully. Bottom line though is both fan bases are blessed with great coaches - no matter what kind of personality baggage's they bring to the table.

Harbs was responding to a very leading question and I am positive that he would have done it differently if he had the chance to do it over again. He gets a lot of crap for the response he gives to the Seattle media for taking a long time to respond then answering with one word answers after being tempted to elaborate. He has only been a NFL head coach for 4 years, so he is still working on that part of it.

Carroll has been doing it for a long time, I get the feeling that he knows what he is going to say long before the question is even asked. Very consistent and he never, ever has anything to say about others that could be taken out of context or used for fuel.

Harbs just responded with terminology that he likely regrets. Instead of saying something like "its unfortunate that players take those kind of chances and I hope that our players can learn from other's mistakes", he went ahead and made a very direct claim that didn't stand a chance of holding up for any length of time.

"Above reproach"... oops. That is what sparks the comments from Seahawks fans.

Now THAT I don't have an issue with. That's fairly accurate.

The point he was making all along was not that his team is perfect and Seattle is a bunch of cheaters.

His point was that he didn't like that the NFL doesn't say exactly what someone tests positive for and more importantly that teams strive to be above reproach...IE, you don't want people to ever say you only won because of X. You don't ant people to say you cheated.

He wasn't saying his team was perfect. He was saying that's what you STRIVE for.

More importantly, his entire quote was about PEDs and cheating. It had nothing to do with breaking the law. That of course doesn't make it ok....only that he wasn't addressing that when he was speaking.

I get it here. He's a hated rival. It's all in good fun when peeps drag out the "Above Reproach" line. I'd probably use it too.

However, if peeps want to have serious conversations on the topic you need to discuss the reality of what he said, not the hyperbolic version.

Should he have said it differently? Probably. I don't think he was ever trying to point a finger. I think he was simply answering a question. If you look at his mood in the questions just before and just after, it's clear he never thought that quote would become a big deal.

Marvin I swear you are starting to believe your own bullshit.

The conversation was about Seattle and PED's and your coach knew what he was saying in what context, who would be offended by it and how his own fan base would cheer for his response but you want to apparently believe your coach is just to ignorant to put two and two together. Come on. This wasn't a conversation about cooking class, it was a conversation about PED violations on The Seahawks. Maybe your right and he is just that dumb but I seriously doubt it especially when you consider his temper tantrums on the sidelines and the way he conducts himself in interviews. The guy is just terminally immature. Why do you think there are all these rumors of frustration surrounding him in your FO?

Exibit B. He is in a press conference and suddenly shouts out did anyone see Keapernick's Beats commercial? It was obvious to anyone with an IQ over 6 the media would ask if that commercial depicted is it really like that in Seattle and he answered, yeah, kind of sometimes.

He's a moron trying to stir up his fan base with sophomoric behavior. He is incapable of handling things like an adult because he is not one. His childish antic's go beyond the sidelines and are even reaching into your FO and some say your locker room.

I point this out now because when the inevitable implosion happens and it will, you won't be around here to eat your crow. You will shuffle off to obscurity like you did for the last decade before Harbaugh arrived.

You can quit with trying to tell us we are all delusional and are misinterpreting your beloved coach. His actions speak much louder than your imagination.

Sigh.

You're right rich. Harbaugh is Satan incarnate. Pete Carroll flies down to the practice field on his angelic white wings.

SMDH.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin... there is no way you honestly "respect" Harbaugh. its one thing to defend, its another to deflect.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
JZ#1":182jgg4o said:
Bellevue Overlake hospital. The one off of 405 near whole foods and my favorite BBQ (3-Pigs). I am going up to Seattle in August to visit family (Finally) and I am definitely going to the all you can eat beef ribs on Wednesday nights. I work on wall street and don't get home much so I am excited.

So post a pic of yourself in Seahawks gear, no 49er would ever do that. Prove them wrong if you can. Just because you're knowledgeable about Seattle landmarks and telephone prefixes doesn't mean jack.

Damn it! I hate agreeing with Hernia

rlkats

Reaction score
Lol. This thread is so full of comical genius thanks all. I needed this today.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":1ks7zolv said:
Just because you're knowledgeable about Seattle landmarks and telephone prefixes doesn't mean jack.

Damn it! I hate agreeing with Hernia

No shit. Lvnginhwktwn is a NW flipping icon and he is a Niner fan. Dude probably has more 253s than I do. If I was going to FauxTroll I would do it differently, I just wouldn't do it.

What a screaming aborted fetus of a fan.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3pen2ksk said:
You're right rich. Harbaugh is Satan incarnate. Pete Carroll flies down to the practice field on his angelic white wings.

Finally... Marvin starts talking some sense. Although I don't know if I would go that far with Harbafreak. Full blown yellow eyed life eating Demon? Sure.. a clone of Al Davis? Nah...