49ers Remain "Above Reproach"

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
bigtrain21":10wpk6or said:
loafoftatupu":10wpk6or said:
JZ#1":10wpk6or said:
All teams evaluate players with questionable off the field behavior. If you don't, you are going to lose out. Make fun of our rival for taking a guy with a questionable past in the mid rounds, but completely neglect the fact we took a 1st round pick who was arrested for stealing someones purse? Can't have it both ways guys. :179422:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 67784.html

Three incoming freshman UCLA football players were arrested in an on-campus incident and face felony theft charges.

"We are aware of the situation and we are looking into it," UCLA spokesperson Marc Dellins told the Los Angeles Times. "We will have a comment at the appropriate time."

Bruin recruits Paul Richardson, Shaquille Richardson and Josh Shirley were the ones arrested on June 23 by UCLA police on campus, according to the Times. The three incoming freshman UCLA football players who were arrested last week face felony burglary charges for reportedly stealing the purse of another student, a police sergeant said Sunday.

You can stop with the "our" and "we" stuff JZ... I promise we will accept you as a Niner fan, but the more you play the role, the more obvious it is. Go figure, you are there to defend the integrity of Niner nation and point out that the Hawks have a player that has been in trouble before too. Like it has been said, Harbaugh commented on players that he does not coach, whether he was asked or not he should of distanced himself from that comment. PC hasn't said a word about the Forty-Felons.

He thinks because he called them the Whiners it makes him legit.

It is the ultimate act of desperation by Niner fans and a more popular tactic they have employed in the last year. This is how pathetic they have become,

Marvin49

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2i9vwm96 said:
JZ, the Hawks head coach hasn't pointed a finger at a division rival and condemned them while claiming his team is "above reproach" only to see how many guys on his roster get in trouble with the law?

Neither did Jim Harbaugh. That's just the same hyperbolic misrepresentation of what he said that peeps constantly repeat.

First off, he never pointed a finger at anyone. He was asked a question. He never referenced a team.

Second, he was talking abut the fact that charges of PEDs puts a black mark n your team and you strive not to have that. You don't want people to say "they only won because X". You STRIVE to be "above reproach".

That was his point. Then peeps who don't like him scew it completely out of context as a punchline. That's fine...its what peeps do...but don't use it as a serious talking point because its a load of BS. If you don't believe me, go look at the original video of the quote.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2rjhmbai said:
Sourdough #49":2rjhmbai said:
Hans, I remember Harbaugh actually being a good sport after that perticular game. Isn't that when Sherm slapped him on the back, ran away and then said Herbs was ignoring him when film shows him turning around to congratulate him?
It wasn't after a game. It was prior to the 2013 season when asked about the suspensions in Seattle. He went into a long pontification about his program being like Michigan, and above reproach.

No he said you strive to be above reproach because you don't want people to say you only won because you cheated, He was speaking in general and he was asked a question.

That quote is CONSTANTLY misrepresented here and that's all well and good for comedy and rivalry sake...

...but if you wanna have any real conversation about the quote, I didn't mean anything close to what people represent it to have meant.

JZ#1

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1fhfp74u said:
JZ#1":1fhfp74u said:
All teams evaluate players with questionable off the field behavior. If you don't, you are going to lose out. Make fun of our rival for taking a guy with a questionable past in the mid rounds, but completely neglect the fact we took a 1st round pick who was arrested for stealing someones purse? Can't have it both ways guys. :179422:

Three incoming freshman UCLA football players were arrested in an on-campus incident and face felony theft charges.

"We are aware of the situation and we are looking into it," UCLA spokesperson Marc Dellins told the Los Angeles Times. "We will have a comment at the appropriate time."

Bruin recruits Paul Richardson, Shaquille Richardson and Josh Shirley were the ones arrested on June 23 by UCLA police on campus, according to the Times. The three incoming freshman UCLA football players who were arrested last week face felony burglary charges for reportedly stealing the purse of another student, a police sergeant said Sunday.

You can stop with the "our" and "we" stuff JZ... I promise we will accept you as a Niner fan, but the more you play the role, the more obvious it is. Go figure, you are there to defend the integrity of Niner nation and point out that the Hawks have a player that has been in trouble before too. Like it has been said, Harbaugh commented on players that he does not coach, whether he was asked or not he should of distanced himself from that comment. PC hasn't said a word about the Forty-Felons.

Sorry if you can't see with out your blue/green shades on.

Just because I call out fanboys and hypocrites, I am a Niners fan now. Seattle borned and raised. :0190l: I was born in Bellevue hospital. My entire family is filled mostly of University of Washington graduates. Please... Just because you can't accept a fan being unbiased and fair to all nfl fans, you have to call me a 49ers fan. He disagrees with me, so he must be a 49ers fan. I even grew up down the street from Paul Allen.

No, I am a Seahawks fan who is sick and tired how Seahawks football has become more about the rivalry with the dam 49ers then it has been about Seahawks football. It used to be crazy dumb Mike Martz and Marc Bulger, and before than that it was the Raiders.

I am going to call out people who are clearly biased and I don't apologize for it. The most pleasure I get from the NFL, is not so much in being biased with my own team, which at times I can be too, its with actually following the dynamics of all teams and trying to understand the business aspect of it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JZ#1":333tpbu2 said:
loafoftatupu":333tpbu2 said:
JZ#1":333tpbu2 said:

Just because I call out fanboys and hypocrites, I am a Niners fan now. Seattle borned and raised. :0190l: I was born in Bellevue hospital. My entire family is filled mostly of University of Washington graduates. Please... Just because you can't accept a fan being unbiased and fair to all nfl fans, you have to call me a 49ers fan. He disagrees with me, so he must be a 49ers fan. I even grew up down the street from Paul Allen.

No, I am a Seahawks fan who is sick and tired how Seahawks football has become more about the rivalry with the dam 49ers then it has been about Seahawks football. It used to be crazy dumb Mike Martz and Marc Bulger, and before than that it was the Raiders.

I am going to call out people who are clearly biased and I don't apologize for it. The most pleasure I get from the NFL, is not so much in being biased with my own team, which at times I can be too, its with actually following the dynamics of all teams and trying to understand the business aspect of it.

He is on a mission folks! Making sure that Seahawks fans behave as he sees fit. Fighting against bias and hypocrisy like the .net Avenger.

JZ#1

Reaction score
.Net Avenger has a nice ring to it. Anyways lol, I don't want to cause a stir and I don't want to get involved where I feel the need to reply and defend myself so just delete what I wrote and carry on. I enjoy lurking more than posting.

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":120vxjj6 said:
JZ#1":120vxjj6 said:

I think Pete is pretty smart not to comment on things like that. He has better things to do. Anyway, most likely anything he says - be it good or bad - will be twisted anyway to suite whoever's point of view is repeating it. As for Harbaugh, he's a totally different personality than Pete. Totally different. He's going to say what he's going to say and I don't think he cares very much how people take it. Pete's more circumspect and chooses his words more carefully. Bottom line though is both fan bases are blessed with great coaches - no matter what kind of personality baggage's they bring to the table.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Giedi":rdu2nit9 said:
I think Pete is pretty smart not to comment on things like that. He has better things to do. Anyway, most likely anything he says - be it good or bad - will be twisted anyway to suite whoever's point of view is repeating it. As for Harbaugh, he's a totally different personality than Pete. Totally different. He's going to say what he's going to say and I don't think he cares very much how people take it. Pete's more circumspect and chooses his words more carefully. Bottom line though is both fan bases are blessed with great coaches - no matter what kind of personality baggage's they bring to the table.

Harbs was responding to a very leading question and I am positive that he would have done it differently if he had the chance to do it over again. He gets a lot of crap for the response he gives to the Seattle media for taking a long time to respond then answering with one word answers after being tempted to elaborate. He has only been a NFL head coach for 4 years, so he is still working on that part of it.

Carroll has been doing it for a long time, I get the feeling that he knows what he is going to say long before the question is even asked. Very consistent and he never, ever has anything to say about others that could be taken out of context or used for fuel.

Harbs just responded with terminology that he likely regrets. Instead of saying something like "its unfortunate that players take those kind of chances and I hope that our players can learn from other's mistakes", he went ahead and made a very direct claim that didn't stand a chance of holding up for any length of time.

"Above reproach"... oops. That is what sparks the comments from Seahawks fans.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":19r12t1e said:
No he said you strive to be above reproach because you don't want people to say you only won because you cheated, He was speaking in general and he was asked a question.

That quote is CONSTANTLY misrepresented here and that's all well and good for comedy and rivalry sake...

...but if you wanna have any real conversation about the quote, I didn't mean anything close to what people represent it to have meant.

Marvin,

If someone asks me if I think Marvin49 is an idiot and I simply say "yes", I am still calling you an idiot even if I didn't mention your name and was just asked a question. He didn't have to answer the question like he did.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
JZ#1":63jbpsme said:
.Net Avenger has a nice ring to it. Anyways lol, I don't want to cause a stir and I don't want to get involved where I feel the need to reply and defend myself so just delete what I wrote and carry on. I enjoy lurking more than posting.

There are plenty of Niner fans born and raised in Seattle, geography and phone numbers have nothing to do with it. If it walks like a NinaTroll and talks like a NinaTroll, it isn't a Seahawks fan.

We have seen it before, most of all in the last year. Go figure.

The thing is, there are plenty of fans that will challenge the ridiculous, but you claim that you are here to challenge bias. In what world do the Niners deserve unbiased commentary by a Seahawks fan? Only one group has that sort of agenda and they don't wear blue and green.

You mentioned the Rams and Raiders. Are you kidding me? Any fan that has been a member of a Seahawks forum knows that those fans were NOTHING like the Felon fans.

So go ahead and fly that Puke and Red colored flag and be proud of the Niners, we're cool with that, but don't think for one second that you are part of this group. We know you aren't. It's too late Mr. Avenger.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
JZ#1":56ft3mpk said:

I have been known to pop a few underlying biases myself. But if you are that sick and tired of the Seahawks-Digits stuff, I might recommend you stick to the main forum. And if you are interested in other teams, you might get a better sense of the business aspects if you go to those teams' sites.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2tvtdmw3 said:
Giedi":2tvtdmw3 said:

Harbs was responding to a very leading question and I am positive that he would have done it differently if he had the chance to do it over again. He gets a lot of crap for the response he gives to the Seattle media for taking a long time to respond then answering with one word answers after being tempted to elaborate. He has only been a NFL head coach for 4 years, so he is still working on that part of it.

Carroll has been doing it for a long time, I get the feeling that he knows what he is going to say long before the question is even asked. Very consistent and he never, ever has anything to say about others that could be taken out of context or used for fuel.

Harbs just responded with terminology that he likely regrets. Instead of saying something like "its unfortunate that players take those kind of chances and I hope that our players can learn from other's mistakes", he went ahead and made a very direct claim that didn't stand a chance of holding up for any length of time.

Very accurate and thoughtful response Loaf I implore you to stop such nonsense immediately.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":35r189mk said:
JZ#1":35r189mk said:
loafoftatupu":35r189mk said:
JZ#1":35r189mk said:

He is on a mission folks! Making sure that Seahawks fans behave as he sees fit. Fighting against bias and hypocrisy like the .net Avenger.
Me thinks he protest too much! I nailed this troll from the beginning Lofa, my Trolldar is rarely wrong. 8)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter what exact context he meant his "above reproach" comment to be taken. It was still a negative comment made about another organization and could be taken more generally as a vague knock on the quality of "institutional control" or culture in Seattle. Of course that statement is going to be used against him with all the things that have happened to his organization since Aldon's arrest. Doesn't really matter if the statement is used as reference to the exact same things.

Laloosh

Reaction score
50cent_zps4f3503ca.gif

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Aaron Lynch has never once been arrested for anything, never been accused of any crime and never detained for one thing. His character concerns basically come from being home sick while at Notre Dame and lack of effort down at USF. does he have more grave concerns than Cassius March, the Lagerret Blunt of UCLA? Paul Rich? What has lynch done other than piss of the strength an conditioning coach.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bob loblaw":2khjj82e said:
Aaron Lynch has never once been arrested for anything, never been accused of any crime and never detained for one thing. His character concerns basically come from being home sick while at Notre Dame and lack of effort down at USF. does he have more grave concerns than Cassius March, the Lagerret Blunt of UCLA? Paul Rich? What has lynch done other than piss of the strength an conditioning coach.
Typical whiner troll, always making excuses! SMH.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
JZ#1":1m46phoe said:
loafoftatupu":1m46phoe said:
JZ#1":1m46phoe said:

Just because I call out fanboys and hypocrites, I am a Niners fan now. Seattle borned and raised. :0190l: I was born in Bellevue hospital. My entire family is filled mostly of University of Washington graduates. Please... Just because you can't accept a fan being unbiased and fair to all nfl fans, you have to call me a 49ers fan. He disagrees with me, so he must be a 49ers fan.

This might well be a typo, did you mean you were born at a Bellevue hospital?

Because there is no hospital here called, "Bellevue Hospital".

Interesting. Story starting to unravel... :snack: :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":382i2lwq said:
Giedi":382i2lwq said:

Now THAT I don't have an issue with. That's fairly accurate.

The point he was making all along was not that his team is perfect and Seattle is a bunch of cheaters.

His point was that he didn't like that the NFL doesn't say exactly what someone tests positive for and more importantly that teams strive to be above reproach...IE, you don't want people to ever say you only won because of X. You don't ant people to say you cheated.

He wasn't saying his team was perfect. He was saying that's what you STRIVE for.

More importantly, his entire quote was about PEDs and cheating. It had nothing to do with breaking the law. That of course doesn't make it ok....only that he wasn't addressing that when he was speaking.

I get it here. He's a hated rival. It's all in good fun when peeps drag out the "Above Reproach" line. I'd probably use it too.

However, if peeps want to have serious conversations on the topic you need to discuss the reality of what he said, not the hyperbolic version.

Should he have said it differently? Probably. I don't think he was ever trying to point a finger. I think he was simply answering a question. If you look at his mood in the questions just before and just after, it's clear he never thought that quote would become a big deal.