470 yds, 5tds...

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seattle had no chance of getting him, even with the 5th pick clearly.

Still, I really like Witherspoon and think he's a great player.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I just watched CJ Stroud set a rookie record in a last second comeback win with 470 yds and 5 tds. That's what a real nfl qb looks like.
Seattle had no chance to draft him. Not sure what mic you're dropping here.

OP
OP
WarHawks

WarHawks

Reaction score
Just that we shouldn’t be settling. I thought that was obvious.

pmedic920

Reaction score
That's what Michael Pennix Jr will be doing for the Seahawks next season.
How likely do you think it actually is?
Honest question.
He’ likely be the first or second QB taken, easily be gone by the 10th overall pick.

How do you see the Hawks getting him, what’s the path in your mind?

mistaowen

Reaction score
First Ohio state quarterback to make the transition in awhile. CJ is a genuinely solid QB, probably too early to tell but Panthers fans probably upset they didn’t take him. Texans got some nice young players for sure.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
How likely do you think it actually is?
Honest question.
He’ likely be the first or second QB taken, easily be gone by the 10th overall pick.

How do you see the Hawks getting him, what’s the path in your mind?
I'm hoping that the fact he'll be 25 by the time next season starts scares teams away and he slides down to #17 where we'll be

Jac

Reaction score
Carolina is the team that should be in complete despair over this. Their half is about over, and Bryce Young is 4/9 for 14 yards.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Just that we shouldn’t be settling. I thought that was obvious.
They preferred Bryce Young. Stroud wasn't even a consideration for them if you believe the rumors going back to the Combine.

They also liked Richardson. But the Colts pulled the trigger before they had the chance.

I prefer Richardson over Stroud myself long-term. I think AR will end up being the better player in the long run.

OP
OP
WarHawks

WarHawks

Reaction score
Carolina is the team that should be in complete despair over this. Their half is about over, and Bryce Young is 4/9 for 14 yards.
Yeah, as bad as our situation is, imagine picking an undersized qb like that who is struggling. At least he's on a rookie salary.

Jac

Reaction score
Yeah, as bad as our situation is, imagine picking an undersized qb like that who is struggling. At least he's on a rookie salary.
They also gave up their 2024 first rounder and 2025 second rounder to move up for him. If I'm a Carolina fan, I might just quit the NFL over this. It'd just be too painful.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think Bryce Young is still a stud in the making, but CJ Stroud was a close second. The Richardson and Levis' of the world are a tier or two down.

That Carolina team is terrible.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
First Ohio state quarterback to make the transition in awhile. CJ is a genuinely solid QB, probably too early to tell but Panthers fans probably upset they didn’t take him. Texans got some nice young players for sure.

This. The Ohio State QB curse is real. Its crazy but Stroud might be the best OSU QB ever in the NFL even with his incredibly small sample size so far. As a GM or head coach, you run away from OSU qb's. The football gods have spoken.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I'd rather have Rattler. Pennix has the arm, but I think he's all flair.
I'm unsure what you mean by "flair"? Please elaborate, if you will. I suspect you haven't watched him much at all, if at all. 1) You've misspelled his name. The poster above you misspelled his name but that was possibly a typo. Yours was not. 2) You'd "rather have Rattler"? Really?

Penix very well could be there mid round in this next draft..maybe even later. Williams and Maye should be 1 and 2...which ever order one prefers. I like Maye. I also like Duke's Riley Leonard ahead of Penix as well. I bleed purple and there is nothing to not love about Michael Penix. But last year was his first season not ended by injury. He also has a bit of a hitch in his throwing motion and today's NFL is more and more infatuated with super quick release. He also tends to side-sling the rock a lot. He gets balls batted at this level and there will be many more balls batted at the next. That will surely translate to ints.

This is a young man you'd want your daughter to marry. A spectacular human being and probably soon a Heisman trophy winner. If he's there with our first pick, I'd take that gamble. But I wouldn't want to invest too much more than that even though he throws a better ball than 75% of the NFL's QBs.

Whoever gets Michael Penix will instantly become my 2nd favorite team.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
You're high. Rattler isn't NEAR the QB that Penix is. At least spell his name right :rolleyes:
Penix is a great college QB that benefits from having two future first round wide receivers.

Rattler has matured the last few seasons since his time in Oklahoma. He is taking a terrible South Carolina team and behind one of the worst college lines and is still trying to get it done.