Hawks46

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":umgt7rqm said:
Seattle > Arizona

I know you don't follow our roster, but our CB situation follows:

CB1: Peterson
CB2: TBD
CB3: don't need 'em

CB2 was Bethel, but had foot surgery, not totally healed and he missed all the offseason, so he is still raw (and may actually suck at CB)

don't worry, we brought in 3 vets to help out - one sucked, one strained his quad and is out on an injury waiver, the other tore his acl and to IR he goes

but we drafted 2 CBs, one a converted RB, the other a small school 6th round pick and brought in a Canadian (who is on IR) and an Australian (who just sucked)

So our starting CB competition is a ST ace with a bad foot, a converted RB and a second year kid who is PS material

But we have about 10 safeties, so many that we pretend we don't even need interior linebackers (we call them moneybackers) or additional CBs. So I'm certain that we will have a top 5 pass defense running our new 4-0-7 defense and take the NFC West. And that is sarcasm, in case I wasn't obvious.

Sounds about how we've treated our OL the last few years, lol.

Like the avatar. It may be a Cards dress, but it's still sick.

Optimus25

Reaction score
morgulon1":2hazpowq said:
Rat":2hazpowq said:
The Vikings were a fringe playoff team, not one of five horses to beat. They are well coached, and can run the football, two things that makes any team competitive. It's like when the Utah Jazz lost Dante Exum last year. He's a good young player, and it'll hurt his future prospects that he has to sit a season out where he could have further developed, but I don't think the Vikings will suddenly be much worse without him. They were a 9-7 caliber team with Bridgewater, probably something like a 7 or 8 win team without him. Although Shaun Hill is terrible, so I could be wrong.

I'm going to go out on a limb for conversation sake and say the Minnesota Vikings will do just as well with Hill. Maybe even a little better.

Ummmm. What?. I highly suggest you review his 2015 season. Pro Bowl season, that is.

This was the equivalent of a Russell Wilson injury in 2013 and posting ''eh, they'll be the same or better with TJ.''

JumpmanXhawk

Reaction score
morgulon1":ufntgkz3 said:
Aros":ufntgkz3 said:

Pretty good post. I have a gut feeling ( all we have at this point) that the Panthers will regress following their humiliating SB loss. I think this is the year the Bucs surprise everyone in the division .
Man people have been picking the bucs to win that division for the past 4 years and they've been dead last every year

dogorama

Reaction score
Seafan":26blragm said:
I feel really bad for Teddy. He is a heck of a nice guy. I would never want him as a QB of my team. He's a fair game manager. That being said, a replacment QB might not kill the Vikings playoff hopes. There will be players available. Like Largent said it's too early to make any calls.

Depends on what "calls" you are referring to. Saying that the Vikings are severely downgraded w/o their starting QB is a good call, wouldn't you say? Bridgewater may not have achieved top-tier status yet, but he did post the NFL's highest percentage of completions of any QB in their first two years, ever. And, going into his third year he was only getting better. Do you really think his backup will do as well? Given that, it's also a pretty good call that teams playing Minne just saw their schedule get easier. It's not too early to make either one of those calls.

No one knows how the season will play out, but injuries have a significant impact on how it will, especially if it is QB's getting hurt.

Rat

Reaction score
Optimus25":2bw95yrn said:
morgulon1":2bw95yrn said:
Rat":2bw95yrn said:
The Vikings were a fringe playoff team, not one of five horses to beat. They are well coached, and can run the football, two things that makes any team competitive. It's like when the Utah Jazz lost Dante Exum last year. He's a good young player, and it'll hurt his future prospects that he has to sit a season out where he could have further developed, but I don't think the Vikings will suddenly be much worse without him. They were a 9-7 caliber team with Bridgewater, probably something like a 7 or 8 win team without him. Although Shaun Hill is terrible, so I could be wrong.

I'm going to go out on a limb for conversation sake and say the Minnesota Vikings will do just as well with Hill. Maybe even a little better.

Ummmm. What?. I highly suggest you review his 2015 season. Pro Bowl season, that is.

This was the equivalent of a Russell Wilson injury in 2013 and posting ''eh, they'll be the same or better with TJ.''

Hill looked tremendous in relief for Matthew Stafford in Detroit, but looked beyond lost when the Rams needed him to start. I was honestly surprised to see that he's still in the league.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Dallas might just be better off with Dak, I think they become legit threat that runs all over people but can't win the big games when it counts.

Jamis Winston is the real deal, he will lead TB to a winning record this year. Do they have what it takes to be a playoff team, IDK but the have some weapons on offense that will be exciting to watch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Overseasfan

Reaction score
The Packers, Panthers, Cards and Hawks are way ahead of the rest. I expect Packers #1, Hawks #2, Panthers #3 and Cards #5 with the random east team being #4 and the #6 team being the Bucs or Falcons most likely.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3krqlwq4 said:
Jamis Winston is the real deal, he will lead TB to a winning record this year. Do they have what it takes to be a playoff team, IDK but the have some weapons on offense that will be exciting to watch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think the bigger improvement will be on defense (though offense should be decent as well) - Mike Smith is actually a good defensive coordinator based on his 5 years in Jacksonville, and is already getting rave reviews from the players.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Overseasfan":7edk01ym said:
The Packers, Panthers, Cards and Hawks are way ahead of the rest. I expect Packers #1, Hawks #2, Panthers #3 and Cards #5 with the random east team being #4 and the #6 team being the Bucs or Falcons most likely.
Two teams from the NFCS? Not seeing that even with Bridgewater out. Tampa Bay is still a year away. If I could be confident the Rams would get league average quarterbacking I'd pick them over anyone in the NFCS beyond Carolina.

hawker84

Reaction score
morgulon1":3vpawg22 said:
Rat":3vpawg22 said:

I agree, not sure why everyone thinks Bridgewater was going to light up the league this season? Hill's an accomplished vet, maybe not the playmaker Bridgewater is, but put a good scheme in to fit his play, he'll do just fine? With that D, I still see them as a sneaky dark horse.

Still trying to figure out why people are putting GB as #1 seed, already. Did they go out and get a defense in the offseason? Their LB's other the Matthews are average at best, their DB's are below average. They make the playoffs on the strength of AR playmaking abiltiy. Lacey has to have a big year, and Nelson has to stay healthy.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I wouldn't overlook the Redskins. Their WR corps is probably the best in the NFL, and adding Norman into the fold was a huge get for them.

They just need to figure out their running game.

dogorama

Reaction score
hawker84":236f16ki said:
morgulon1":236f16ki said:
Rat":236f16ki said:

I agree, not sure why everyone thinks Bridgewater was going to light up the league this season? Hill's an accomplished vet, maybe not the playmaker Bridgewater is, but put a good scheme in to fit his play, he'll do just fine? With that D, I still see them as a sneaky dark horse.

Still trying to figure out why people are putting GB as #1 seed, already. Did they go out and get a defense in the offseason? Their LB's other the Matthews are average at best, their DB's are below average. They make the playoffs on the strength of AR playmaking abiltiy. Lacey has to have a big year, and Nelson has to stay healthy.

It's their schedule that is pretty soft even before Teddy got hurt. My putting them 1 is based solely on that, not that they are any better than anybody. And, I'm sorry but saying that the Vikings will be just as good w/Hill is just crazy talk.

This is a QB driven league, everything that has transpired in the last few years with players, schemes, and especially rules has brought us to this point. Dallas loses Romo, down the tube, Arizona w/Palmer a couple of years ago, same thing. If we lose RW, turn out the lights. It's a fragile existence where you are one play away from seeing your season go up in smoke.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Teddy being out hurts us because it makes GB's schedule easier.

We have to compete in division with ARI, so GBs road to #1 seed just got much easier.

I can logically see GB and CAR both having a easier road to the first round byes, which means we have to play all the better.

Perhaps less penalties would be a good start.

hawker84

Reaction score
dogorama":2suky4kp said:
hawker84":2suky4kp said:
morgulon1":2suky4kp said:
Rat":2suky4kp said:

It's their schedule that is pretty soft even before Teddy got hurt. My putting them 1 is based solely on that, not that they are any better than anybody. And, I'm sorry but saying that the Vikings will be just as good w/Hill is just crazy talk.

This is a QB driven league, everything that has transpired in the last few years with players, schemes, and especially rules has brought us to this point. Dallas loses Romo, down the tube, Arizona w/Palmer a couple of years ago, same thing. If we lose RW, turn out the lights. It's a fragile existence where you are one play away from seeing your season go up in smoke.

Never said they'll be just as good, I said Hill will be just fine if they implement the right scheme. Vikings weren't winning anything this year anyways. They still could be a playoff team with a vet like Hill, just off the strength of their defense.

RCATES

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":3qmwgkea said:
Seattle > Arizona

I know you don't follow our roster, but our CB situation follows:

CB1: Peterson
CB2: TBD
CB3: don't need 'em

CB2 was Bethel, but had foot surgery, not totally healed and he missed all the offseason, so he is still raw (and may actually suck at CB)

don't worry, we brought in 3 vets to help out - one sucked, one strained his quad and is out on an injury waiver, the other tore his acl and to IR he goes

but we drafted 2 CBs, one a converted RB, the other a small school 6th round pick and brought in a Canadian (who is on IR) and an Australian (who just sucked)

So our starting CB competition is a ST ace with a bad foot, a converted RB and a second year kid who is PS material

But we have about 10 safeties, so many that we pretend we don't even need interior linebackers (we call them moneybackers) or additional CBs. So I'm certain that we will have a top 5 pass defense running our new 4-0-7 defense and take the NFC West. And that is sarcasm, in case I wasn't obvious.

I would say Arizona's biggest concern is the QB position. Something is off with Carson Palmer. If you look at his last 3 games last year he has gone back to throwing a lot of picks and missing open receivers. He has been terrible so far in the preseason. My guess is at almost 37 father time has finally caught up to him. With a career rittled with injuries including multiple ACL's on a tall guy standing 6-5" one has to wonder how much more does he really have in the tank. For Arizona's sake hopefully one more good year. I don't see it happening. Guy has zero mobility and teams aren't going to let CP stand in the pocket and sling the ball up and down the field. This was proven against his last two games against elite defenses in Seattle and Carolina. He was terrible.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Not too worried about the Cards' matchup with Minnesota.

It's late in the season (Nov 20th). So the Vikings will have hammered out most of the kinks with a new signal caller.

It's also in Minnesota. If you're a bettor, then you know to always take the better defense at home. This definitely applies here.

Injuries could impact this matchup too. And we aren't exactly sure who Arizona is as a team yet. They won a lot of games last year in shaky fashion. They're a good team that seems to fade as the year goes on. How much of that is due to depth issues or just how their team is constructed.

At any rate, Minnesota's defense is definitely good enough to drag an offense like Arizona's down to their level. It does seem that the Cardinals' kryptonite is teams that will flat beat the snot out of them physically. Minnesota is definitely capable of that.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2dudjbv7 said:
We need the one seed. Plain and Simple. Let's get it done boys!
Yes. The two seed works too. Just get a stinking first-round bye and at least one home playoff game. Winning the div = far less good.

dogorama

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3nwzyfhq said:
Not too worried about the Cards' matchup with Minnesota.

It's late in the season (Nov 20th). So the Vikings will have hammered out most of the kinks with a new signal caller.

It's also in Minnesota. If you're a bettor, then you know to always take the better defense at home. This definitely applies here.

Injuries could impact this matchup too. And we aren't exactly sure who Arizona is as a team yet. They won a lot of games last year in shaky fashion. They're a good team that seems to fade as the year goes on. How much of that is due to depth issues or just how their team is constructed.

At any rate, Minnesota's defense is definitely good enough to drag an offense like Arizona's down to their level. It does seem that the Cardinals' kryptonite is teams that will flat beat the snot out of them physically. Minnesota is definitely capable of that.

Duly noted last two posts and of course I hope you are right. Arizona has been pretty hyped coming into this season but a lot of that is typical based upon the previous season's record. They do have some glaring weaknesses though and in spite of their board's criticism of our O-Line they have their own O-Line problems. In fact they sound desperate to come up w/a decent center. They also don't have anything opposite Peterson so while they have a good roster there are definitely holes.

I don't know if they fade at the end of the season or not, in '14 they lost Palmer when they were 10-1, last year they made to the NFCCG so I don't see that as a real flop. This year they face a Brady-less Patriots and Teddy-less Viking team, two critical games on their schedule. Let's hope they aren't all they've been built up to be.