2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

Threedee

Reaction score
I see we found a way to squeak out a one run win, keep our extra inning record unblemished, and grab Diaz his 30th save.

avengerboater

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":34g3ugzb said:
Shanegotyou11":34g3ugzb said:
We are looking at happ or boyd.

Don't really want either one. I know Happ has good numbers this season, but I don't think he is the missing piece to put us over the top. IMO Happ is a good #3, I think we need a legit #1/#2 type of pitcher. Boyd's teammate Fulmer would be nice, but doubt we can get him. Rays have some nice arms and will likely be sellers. If we could get Archer or Snell I'd be willing to sell on some prospects for them.

LeBlanc looks like he is coming back down to earth, which was expected. With how Felix has pitched as of late, wouldn't shock me if LeBlanc gets moved out of the rotation if we do trade for a starting pitcher.

There's absolutely no way the Rays give up Snell. That'd be like us trading away Felix early in his prime. Snell's young, talented, and will be their ace for years to come. Archer, however, has been mentioned in trade talks....

A rotation of Pax, Archer, Felix, Gonzales, and Leake wouldn't be too far from dominating.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Another night, another one run game. Ugly or not, they are doing what they're supposed to......smoke the crap teams.
Nice to see Seagar finally contributing as well. Absolutely no give up in this team.

sutz

Reaction score
1 for 18 with RISP and they still win. :34853_doh:

Gordon scores from 1st on a single and an error.

Gotta win the games you're supposed to. :2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sutz":quloakhp said:

I dont have stats, but this seems to be an issue with this team.

(as well as not advancing a player on 2nd base with no outs)

avengerboater

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3jo0ae1q said:
sutz":3jo0ae1q said:

We're actually 9th in the MLB with a BA of .256 with RISP. That's pretty good. We're 5th in the AL behind Houston, Boston, Minny, and Oakland.

However, we're 16th in the MLB when it comes to scoring runs with RISP.

What that says to me is that we're getting hits, but we're just not scoring or our guys are getting thrown out at the plate/bases. We're actually tied for 3rd (with ATL) in the MLB with a team BA of .260. Only Boston and Houston are better than us at .266.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
avengerboater":3ngacbow said:
Uncle Si":3ngacbow said:
sutz":3ngacbow said:

We're actually 9th in the MLB with a BA of .256 with RISP. That's pretty good. We're 5th in the AL behind Houston, Boston, Minny, and Oakland.

However, we're 16th in the MLB when it comes to scoring runs with RISP.

What that says to me is that we're getting hits, but we're just not scoring or our guys are getting thrown out at the plate/bases. We're actually tied for 3rd (with ATL) in the MLB with a team BA of .260. Only Boston and Houston are better than us at .266.

Id like to see the breakdown of hits with a man on 2nd and hits with a man on 3rd. My guess is we move guys from 2nd to 3rd and the crap the bed alot. Even if you get a hit to move a guy from 2nd to 3rd and then get 3 outs, thats still a .250 avg.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not to bash on Nicasio, but man he still makes me VERY nervous. Fastball after fastball, in the low 90s, with no movement at all.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":n2ll9sjg said:
Not to bash on Nicasio, but man he still makes me VERY nervous. Fastball after fastball, in the low 90s, with no movement at all.
That’s why his ERA is 6 plus.
If they weren’t paying him 12 million dollars he would have been DFA’ed or in Tacoma.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. At some point, you need to bite the bullet. He has and will cost the team some games. Hope to be wrong, but his stuff looks VERY easy to tee off on.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Atradees":3v7adcxx said:
Cole Hamels? Rumors poping up on the interwebs. 34 years old 22 million a year or so.
I've seen that too. Definitely a possibility but I think there will be a lot of competition on a guy like Hamels. Francisco Liriano may be more realistic and offer's some versatility with being able to spot start as well as come out of the BP. I've seen some reports saying he's one of the top pitchers on the Mariner's list for the deadline.

What this team is sorely missing is lefty power. Cano getting suspended really hurts. It might be worth it to look at someone like Eric Thames to platoon with Healy for some lefty pop when needed.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I read the Yanks were in for Hamels..You see they get whatever
they want these days..
Maybe we can get Jason Hammel instead.