2018 Seattle Mariners regular season thread

raisethe3

Reaction score
^^They will need that, because it won't be easy to get over the top on Astros.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The beauty of this team is that they are doing it just playing baseball. This should be sustainable, there is no single hot streak by a player or the team, it's just every day play. When we get on a hot streak, hopefully it will be in Sept through Oct.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hold their own against the great teams, beat up the bad-mediocre teams which there are a lot of.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8owxkj0m said:
avengerboater":8owxkj0m said:
Hawk-Lock":8owxkj0m said:
Houston loses, can pull within a game and a half of them with a win tonight. Would really like to see Felix build off his previous three starts. Since his awful game in Tampa, he has been pretty great.

Welp, so much for Felix turning things around. Does he play down to the competition or something?

Edit: And my gosh, are these "futuristic" uniforms horrendous looking!
Looks like bad Felix is back. Hated the futuristic day 20 years ago, hate it today.
I’m turning into a grumpy old bastard! Now get off my lawn
Take it for what you want but Servais said after the game that Felix tweaked his back earlier in the week and they were just hoping to get 5 innings from him and hoping he could make it through. He also said that he couldn't fully extend to get the fastball down in the zone which is what hurt him in the 1st so he had to stop throwing it (he threw 9 fastballs out of his 81 total pitches for the game). With that knowledge I would say Felix is still on track and is learning how to pitch with his current stuff. I'd say he was still good Felix last night.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DJrmb":1sf3u46k said:
Sports Hernia":1sf3u46k said:
avengerboater":1sf3u46k said:
Hawk-Lock":1sf3u46k said:
Houston loses, can pull within a game and a half of them with a win tonight. Would really like to see Felix build off his previous three starts. Since his awful game in Tampa, he has been pretty great.

Welp, so much for Felix turning things around. Does he play down to the competition or something?

Edit: And my gosh, are these "futuristic" uniforms horrendous looking!
Looks like bad Felix is back. Hated the futuristic day 20 years ago, hate it today.
I’m turning into a grumpy old bastard! Now get off my lawn
Take it for what you want but Servais said after the game that Felix tweaked his back earlier in the week and they were just hoping to get 5 innings from him and hoping he could make it through. He also said that he couldn't fully extend to get the fastball down in the zone which is what hurt him in the 1st so he had to stop throwing it (he threw 9 fastballs out of his 81 total pitches for the game). With that knowledge I would say Felix is still on track and is learning how to pitch with his current stuff. I'd say he was still good Felix last night.
Heard that, and that makes sense because he wasn’t finishing his pitches in that inning. Sounds like the back losseend up after that.

raisethe3

Reaction score
And now....that's the second straight series sweep. Very impressive. Haven't seen the M's do it in a very long time. :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ixw9quo said:
Pitching was awesome today!
On both sides. :mrgreen:

Hey, they manufactured a run. Thankfully, that was all they needed.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pax was great..
His last pitch#110 was clocked @99mph
anyone get his bobblehead?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Great game.

Looked like a nice bobblehead on TV, it actually looked like him.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":1axtyzos said:
Sports Hernia":1axtyzos said:
raisethe3":1axtyzos said:
Damn, Blake Snell....that kid is good.
Yep good to see a local kid do well, even though he went to the rival highschool.

What's this—a fellow Scot?!!?
For 1 year, Against my will. Went to Shoreline for 3 years until they closed it down.
Always considered myself a Shoreline Spartan. 8)

That isn’t the same school I went to 30 years ago. The only original building left is the theatre, which has since been remodeled (very nice) which I just saw a play at that my niece was in. . All of the sports fields and gym are awesome now. My nephew plays baseball and basketball for Meadowdale and the gym and baseball field at Shorecrest are the nicest ones he plays at. Shorecrest is a beautiful school now, wasn’t that nice when I went there.

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ilw4p0n said:
Threedee":2ilw4p0n said:
Sports Hernia":2ilw4p0n said:
raisethe3":2ilw4p0n said:
Damn, Blake Snell....that kid is good.
Yep good to see a local kid do well, even though he went to the rival highschool.

What's this—a fellow Scot?!!?
For 1 year, Against my will. Went to Shoreline for 3 years until they closed it down.
Always considered myself a Shoreline Spartan. 8)

That isn’t the same school I went to 30 years ago. The only original building left is the theatre, which has since been remodeled (very nice) which I just saw a play at that my niece was in. . All of the sports fields and gym are awesome now. My nephew plays baseball and basketball for Meadowdale and the gym and baseball field at Shorecrest are the nicest ones he plays at. Shorecrest is a beautiful school now, wasn’t that nice when I went there.

I can't relate to the new Shorecrest campus.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Mariners signed Wade Leblanc to a 1 year extension with vesting options until 2022 worth up to 32m if all incentives are reached and fully vested.

https://marinersblog.mlblogs.com/ma...-contract-extention-c055be251b41?sf90174081=1

Not sure I exactly understand the move right now, but it does give them a cheap controllable arm for at least another year or two. Hopefully Leblanc will reward them with more quality starts and continue being a solid "crafty lefty".

getnasty

Reaction score
Good start so far tonight, good to see Seagar hitting the ball better.

raisethe3

Reaction score
DJrmb":1lhtosw8 said:
Mariners signed Wade Leblanc to a 1 year extension with vesting options until 2022 worth up to 32m if all incentives are reached and fully vested.

https://marinersblog.mlblogs.com/ma...-contract-extention-c055be251b41?sf90174081=1

Not sure I exactly understand the move right now, but it does give them a cheap controllable arm for at least another year or two. Hopefully Leblanc will reward them with more quality starts and continue being a solid "crafty lefty".

Well, he's on display tonight.