2015 CONCEPT HELMETS

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Does anyone outside of the Seattle area realize that we switched from the blue to gray?

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Good way to induce vomiting and Centuary Link.

I love the current helmet design. Best concept they had yet, and one that should last decades.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Three thoughts:

1) At least a third of those concept helmets are a gorgeous improvement over existing designs. I love, in particular, Browns, Chargers, Cowboys, Dolphins, and Rams. The most disappointing are Colts, Giants, Seahawks, and Vikings. Oilers don't count as they don't exist. Yes it's all subjective, those are just mine.

2) I never understood the Bill's red "side bumper" going across the blue buffalo silhouette. If it's meant to suggest "zoom" or speed, well, it's painfully simple.

3) In Denver's, the exhaled snort graphic coming out of the horse's nostril at a sharp angle from the natural downward direction of the horse's head looks odd. If you look at it, it looks like a Dr. Seuss-drawn character sticking his finger in the horse's nostril.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I love our action green/volt/whatever the hell Nike calls it as an accent color. It really pops and complements the blue and grey so beautifully.

It is not, however, a main color. Having that as a main color is like having 75% of your meal be cayenne pepper, with a little protein and a veggie or two thrown in for flavor.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
These look like they could be helmets for that Vincent McMahon league....

If there ever was a color I would abolish from our uniforms it would be the highlighter lime green. I don't like it at all.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Not a fan of the lime green ones at all, but those alternate chrome helmets look awesome

bigDhawk

Reaction score
I really like our current use of the radioactive green as a sparse accent - the eyes of the hawk, the 12 feathers, etc. That concept helmet in the OP is analogous to a person that paints every wall in their house a loud color they like because more must be better.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
A couple more thoughts...

It seems many of these helmets just have the original logos super-sized and maybe the color scheme flipped, with some textural or reflective patterns in the background. Only a handful actually have a new logo concept.

I don't like this emerging trend of a two-toned gradient background color. It looks horrendous on the current JAX helmets and several of these concept helmets make use of it to similar ill effect. I really hope this does not become a thing.

Also, the Rams concept logo is shaped a lot like the current Panthers logo, with horns added.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
How to create a concept helmet:

1) Invert colors
2) Make logo ridiculously large

The end.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3kt8zvcd said:
Here's another batch of concept helmets from a different designer.

http://imgur.com/a/Jx2U6

I LOL'ed at the GB helmet. I'd vote for that.

Some just made me go, 'huh?' - Cincy, Carolina, Atlanta, Houston. The rest were just weird. Ours was kinda awful.

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
I like the helmet on the original post. I am also a sucker for this color...