2014/15 Champion's league

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gate, smurf? Seriously. It's light hearted. Don't bring your personal life onto a message board and expect others to take it serious. Neither of you have any idea what anyone else's life is. We all got one boys. With lots of troubles I'm sure. PM me if you want to be friends. You want me to start whimpering when one of you touches a nerve? You two think you haven't at some time?

I'm sure you're both good guys. Happy to hear about your struggles offline anytime Gate. But taking this stuff seriously is immature. F---ing Christ.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1d7fij0s said:
InSuarezWeTrust":1d7fij0s said:
Gatehawk":1d7fij0s said:
Looking at the pots, I'd have to say Liverpool are gonna be the most nervous cause if any EPL club ends up in a group of death, they might be the likeliest.

Of course Arsenal, City and Chelsea aren't safe from a tough draw. But being in the 3rd pot can not be any fun when you see who you could end up with.

It'll be the group of death because we're in it.

Would that still be the case if you wind up with say Real Madrid, PSG and Roma for example?

Absolutely. Real are obviously the best of the best but I would be we could take second in that group.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1eyfpr6n said:
Gate, smurf? Seriously. It's light hearted. Don't bring your personal life onto a message board and expect others to take it serious. Neither of you have any idea what anyone else's life is. We all got one boys. With lots of troubles I'm sure. PM me if you want to be friends. You want me to start whimpering when one of you touches a nerve? You two think you haven't at some time?

I'm sure you're both good guys. Happy to hear about your struggles offline anytime Gate. But taking this stuff seriously is immature. F---ing Christ.

How bout you don't say shit like that, cause you don't know who's gonna take offense to it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":gyse35gu said:
Uncle Si":gyse35gu said:

How bout you don't say shit like that, cause you don't know who's gonna take offense to it.

This place needs a kids table

Smurf

Reaction score
All I'm gonna say Si is you said something that did struck a nerve. You could tell it did. And then you decided to take it a step further. Just wasn't necessary.

Just ease up. Everyone needs to.

Anyway. United are in this competition. So I don't know why I'm here.

Go Liverpool?

Smurf

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":397otdym said:
Smurf":397otdym said:
All I'm gonna say Si is you said something that did struck a nerve. You could tell it did. And then you decided to take it a step further. Just wasn't necessary.

Anyway. United aren't in this competition. So I don't know why I'm here.

Go Liverpool?

FIFY

Thanks....Wishful thinking. :'(

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":fyl1ieca said:
Back to football. Glad to see justice served and the Celtic bheasts get beaten before the group stage. Arsenal squeaked through there, Gate. You have to be a bit concerned with the start they're having, but in saying that, Arsene always seems to turn it around mid-season and they wind up finishing 3rd or 4th anyway. Still not title contenders tho.

Yes, Liverpool being in pot 3 worries me, but not that much. As ISWT said, in your 'group of death', we could/should still finish second.

Excited for the draw this morning. Excited for the competition to get started.

I dont hold the same fervent despisal of Celtic as you peaches, but I do agree that they did not belong in the competition. Its good they're gone.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Smurf":2xezxgbm said:
peachesenregalia":2xezxgbm said:
Smurf":2xezxgbm said:

Anyway. United aren't in this competition. So I don't know why I'm here.

Go Liverpool?

FIFY

Thanks....Wishful thinking. :'(
That's ok, Smurf. There's always the League Cup. Oh, wait...

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
Delighted for Ludogorets!

Did anyone see the Athletic V Napoli game? All of the goals were very weird...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":h7yrdosb said:
Real and Basel so far for Liverpool. looking to finish second then...

Quite doable, adding Ludogorets and Basel.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Group A
Atletico Madrid
Juventus
Olympiacos
Malmo FF

Group B
Real Madrid
FC Basel
Liverpool
Ludogorets

Group C
Benfica
Zenit Saint Petersburg
Bayer Leverkusen
Monaco

Group D
Arsenal
Borussia Dortmund
Galatasaray
Anderlecht

Group E
Bayern Munich
Manchester City
CSKA Moscow
AS Roma

Group F
Barcelona
PSG
Ajax
Apoel FC

Group G
Chelsea
Schalke 04
Sporting
NK Maribor

Group H
FC Porto
Shakhtar Donetsk
Athletic Bilbao
FC BATE Borisov

Uncle Si

Reaction score
My picks

Group A
Atletico Madrid
Juventus

Group B
Real Madrid
Liverpool

Group C
Benfica
Monaco

Group D
Arsenal
Borussia Dortmund

Group E
Bayern Munich
Manchester City

Group F
Barcelona
PSG

Group G
Chelsea
Sporting

Group H
FC Porto
Athletic Bilbao

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Group A
Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Olympiacos, Malmo

Group B
Real Madrid, Basel, Liverpool, Ludogorets

Group C
Benfica, Zenit, Leverkusen, Monaco

Group D
Arsenal, Dortmund, Galatasaray, Anderlecht

Group E
Bayern Munich, Manchester City, CSKA Moscow, Roma

Group F
Barcelona, PSG, Ajax, APOEL

Group G
Chelsea, Schalke, Lisbon, Maribor

Group H
Potro,Shakhtar, Bilbao, BATE Borisov

Uncle Si

Reaction score
and SPI Projections if you must:

A: Atletico Madrid (83.9% to advance), Juventus (67.7)
B: Real Madrid (98.8%), Liverpool (74.5%
C: Benfica (66.9%), Leverkusen (64.0%)
D: Dortmund (80.8%), Arsenal (69.5%)
E: Bayern (90.6%), Man City (72.4%)
F: Barcelona (96.0%), PSG (86.7%)
G: Chelsea (91.0%), Schalke (64.0%)
H: Shakhtar (63.5%), Athletic Club (60.8%)

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Group E is no doubt the group of death.

Group D is gonna have some difficult away matches for Arsenal. I hate the fact that we got Dortmund again, but they're a weaker side in attack now that Lewandowski is gone. It's not an easy group by any means but it's manageable, it definitely screams for Arsenal to sign another striker. I'd probably say 10-12 points would be best case scenario from that group for Arsenal, 8 points would be enough to advance from the looks of it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2beoyro0 said:
Uncle Si":2beoyro0 said:
and SPI Projections if you must:

A: Atletico Madrid (83.9% to advance), Juventus (67.7)
B: Real Madrid (98.8%), Liverpool (74.5%
C: Benfica (66.9%), Leverkusen (64.0%)
D: Dortmund (80.8%), Arsenal (69.5%)
E: Bayern (90.6%), Man City (72.4%)
F: Barcelona (96.0%), PSG (86.7%)
G: Chelsea (91.0%), Schalke (64.0%)
H: Shakhtar (63.5%), Athletic Club (60.8%)

This feels about right to me. I don't see Arsenal winning that group, not without Giroud or a quality replacement striker. Chelsea should walk through that group, 91% seems low to me.

Arsenal can do fine there. still like Dortmund but they're really just playing each other for 1 and 2. Not sure Dortmund has settled since the summer sale of Lewa. Chelsea's draw is ridiculously easy, and I'm not sold that City's doomed.

Liverpool will need to get max points from the Bulgarian side and no less than 4 from Basel. That away venture to the Swiss side will be tricky

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11w3klzg said:
Arsenal can do fine there. still like Dortmund but they're really just playing each other for 1 and 2. Not sure Dortmund has settled since the summer sale of Lewa. Chelsea's draw is ridiculously easy, and I'm not sold that City's doomed.

Liverpool will need to get max points from the Bulgarian side and no less than 4 from Basel. That away venture to the Swiss side will be tricky

I swear to god City had Munich and CSKA last year as well. Also, I would say Liverpool got a trap group, it's one that they can get out of but, they can't go in too confident. Basel has a knack for shocking people(knocking out Man U a few years ago and beating Chelsea last year) and there's the unknown that comes with Ludogorets. There can be no excuses for the Reds if they don't advance, but you can see reasons why they could slip up if that happens.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":g75rriv6 said:
Uncle Si":g75rriv6 said:

I swear to god City had Munich and CSKA last year as well. Also, I would say Liverpool got a trap group, it's one that they can get out of but, they can't go in too confident. Basel has a knack for shocking people(knocking out Man U a few years ago and beating Chelsea last year) and there's the unknown that comes with Ludogorets. There can be no excuses for the Reds if they don't advance, but you can see reasons why they could slip up if that happens.

without a doubt... and Liverpool arent blazing at the moment. Basel has handled United in the past and can easily do some damage.

i do see Real getting no less than 16 of 18 points to be honest.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2w736pik said:
Gatehawk":2w736pik said:
Group E is no doubt the group of death.

Group D is gonna have some difficult away matches for Arsenal. I hate the fact that we got Dortmund again, but they're a weaker side in attack now that Lewandowski is gone. It's not an easy group by any means but it's manageable, it definitely screams for Arsenal to sign another striker. I'd probably say 10-12 points would be best case scenario from that group for Arsenal, 8 points would be enough to advance from the looks of it.

Yeah, that's all spot-on, Gate. Those away matches to greek and Turkish sides are nightmares. Arsenal should qualify, but I think in second, rather than first. Any rumblings of a replacement striker? Arsene has come out and did his usual 'we don't need another striker' bit, but I can tell the fans want one brought in. What are you hearing?

Anyway, Simon, you're exactly right. Basel put us out a long time ago, I remember listening to the match on the radio with my dad. Pitiful. Still, we should be good enough to get all the points from the Bulgarians and at least 3-4 from Basel. Maybe nick a point from Real at Anfield? 7-8 points gets us out of that group, I reckon.

It's gonna be the 3rd time in 2 years Arsenal has to go to Istanbul. There's that persisting rumor of Arsenal attempting to sign Adrien Rabiot from PSG. But, Wenger's not gonna panic buy, that's the impression I've gotten from his post match comments after yesterday's game, though I'll be shocked if Arsenal don't sign someone before Monday.