2 Things About the Pats that make me feel confident

DohBoy

Reaction score
davdog":etjz83ay said:
A big tight end like Gates had a big game against the hawks this year in a win for SD.
How do you folks think the hawks will handle Gronk?

What I think will happen is the Seahawks will pay the PA announcer to play some Justin Bieber tunes during the first Pats series. Gronk will stop, peel off his jersey and start grinding on a down marker that would pass for a 7/10 after a halfrack of Natty Ice. Brady, standing back in the pocket for ten minutes or so (because the Seahawks' front four can't generate a pass rush), will pause and reflect upon which pair of heels he's going to wear to the post-game party at Donatella Versace's villa.

Meanwhile, Gronk...thanks to his doctorate in chemical engineering...will soon realize that the down marker isn't a roofed out Arizona co-ed after all. Looking to the sky, Gronk yells "By the Power of Grayskull!"...which instantly puts him into a one-on-one mismatch with Russell Wilson (of all people). Wilson, being the non-elite game manager he is, recognizes the futility of this folly and walks straight to the bench...where he sings the American Family Insurance jingle.*

*(Russell is currently dating Flo, but don't tell anybody or they'll both get fired).

Tom, now having settled on a pair of Dolce & Gabbana black pumps (sorry Manolo!) and bored with Seattle's non-existent pass rush, lofts a beautifully inflated ball right into the hands of a romping Gronk. It is such a perfect play that Commissioner Roger Goodell steps from his V.I.P. box and rides a ribbon of golden light to the center of the field. As the crowd quiets, Father Goodell takes a mic and addresses the crowd...

"What a handsome and wholesome play that was. It would be a shame to spoil it by continuing the game. In accordance with my power as President of the Universe, I call this game in favor of the Patriots. I knew they would always win...that's why I'm wearing this flag pin! Tom, you're a handsome man...I wish I was your father. And to Seattle, nobody wanted you to win, so don't be sad. You are simply bad for ratings. Have you thought of the PAC-12?"

And, as the confetti began to rain down and Boston butts were slapped, in the distance was seen a celebrating man-child. His head rocking slowly to his shoulder and back, one could here the sweet song of victory..."What is love?!? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more..."

davdog

Reaction score
DohBoy":3jbmjr8q said:
davdog":3jbmjr8q said:
A big tight end like Gates had a big game against the hawks this year in a win for SD.

What I think will happen is the Seahawks will pay the PA announcer to play some Justin Bieber tunes during the first Pats series. Gronk will stop, peel off his jersey and start grinding on a down marker that would pass for a 7/10 after a halfrack of Natty Ice. Brady, standing back in the pocket for ten minutes or so (because the Seahawks' front four can't generate a pass rush), will pause and reflect upon which pair of heels he's going to wear to the post-game party at Donatella Versace's villa.

Meanwhile, Gronk...thanks to his doctorate in chemical engineering...will soon realize that the down marker isn't a roofed out Arizona co-ed after all. Looking to the sky, Gronk yells "By the Power of Grayskull!"...which instantly puts him into a one-on-one mismatch with Russell Wilson (of all people). Wilson, being the non-elite game manager he is, recognizes the futility of this folly and walks straight to the bench...where he sings the American Family Insurance jingle.*

*(Russell is currently dating Flo, but don't tell anybody or they'll both get fired).

Tom, now having settled on a pair of Dolce & Gabbana black pumps (sorry Manolo!) and bored with Seattle's non-existent pass rush, lofts a beautifully inflated ball right into the hands of a romping Gronk. It is such a perfect play that Commissioner Roger Goodell steps from his V.I.P. box and rides a ribbon of golden light to the center of the field. As the crowd quiets, Father Goodell takes a mic and addresses the crowd...

"What a handsome and wholesome play that was. It would be a shame to spoil it by continuing the game. In accordance with my power as President of the Universe, I call this game in favor of the Patriots. I knew they would always win...that's why I'm wearing this flag pin! Tom, you're a handsome man...I wish I was your father. And to Seattle, nobody wanted you to win, so don't be sad. You are simply bad for ratings. Have you thought of the PAC-12?"

And, as the confetti began to rain down and Boston butts were slapped, in the distance was seen a celebrating man-child. His head rocking slowly to his shoulder and back, one could here the sweet song of victory..."What is love?!? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more..."

I really can't believe a male football fan would put that much time writing something so stupid.

Sac

Reaction score
davdog":32vpysed said:
DohBoy":32vpysed said:
davdog":32vpysed said:

I really can't believe a male football fan would put that much time writing something so stupid.
And you read the whole thing, and laughed a little.

Hilarity abounds!

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
davdog":2rikn7t5 said:

Here's the thing - Gronk could have a great game and that won't win it. Teams that have beaten us over the past 2 years (7 games) primarily did 3 or 4 of these things very well in the game.

- Played incredibly stout defense
- Created turnovers
- Ran the ball effectively
- Game changing play on ST

If you do those things and win hats off but it won't be a one man Gronk show that does it. He could have 10 catches for 100 yards and a TD and if we shut down the rest of your WR's (especially YAC, which we do exceptionally well) and slow down Blount (which we also do very well) it won't mean anything.

davdog

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":ye1ev40r said:
davdog":ye1ev40r said:
DohBoy":ye1ev40r said:
davdog":ye1ev40r said:

Hilarity abounds!

I bailed at bieber

DohBoy

Reaction score
Why don't you run back to your forum and make sure Brady's balls are ready for his next game. He spent a lot of time talking about them at the presser, so I suspect a guy like you would to give them some attention.

Cupcake...

davdog

Reaction score
DohBoy":2xl6278a said:
Why don't you run back to your forum and make sure Brady's balls are ready for his next game. He spent a lot of time talking about them at the presser, so I suspect a guy like you would to give them some attention.

Cupcake...

I like sweaty balls best. I didn't know I had a forum.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks team speed. Speed is something that is not coachable. It's something that one can't gameplan for it much either. Many teams have underestimated the Seahawks overall team speed and paid for it. Broncos game last year had to do with them underestimating the Seahawk team speed. Broncos already had an inkling of the their speed because the two teams played in preseason and the Seahawks dropped 40+ points on them then too. Same thing happened in SB48. It will be interesting to see if team speed plays an impact in SB49 and how the Pats adjust to the Seahawk speed.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
12thbrah":16t56a9j said:
Pats have Browner now. They'll know whats comin. Whether they'll be able to do anything about it is another question.
Browner really doesn't matter, the only real insight he can give is on personell, perhaps some preferences from our wrs, but most of that can already be gleaned from game film.

sutz

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1cxd36bl said:
12thbrah":1cxd36bl said:
Pats have Browner now. They'll know whats comin. Whether they'll be able to do anything about it is another question.
Browner really doesn't matter, the only real insight he can give is on personell, perhaps some preferences from our wrs, but most of that can already be gleaned from game film.
If Browner had gone over to the Pats a couple of weeks ago, maybe he'd have a slight bit of useful information on us. He's been gone a long, long time. But Browner was never one of the fastest or best of our DBs.

Non-issue.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
sutz":1cx3qan7 said:
jlwaters1":1cx3qan7 said:
12thbrah":1cx3qan7 said:
If Browner had gone over to the Pats a couple of weeks ago, maybe he'd have a slight bit of useful information on us. He's been gone a long, long time. But Browner was never one of the fastest or best of our DBs.

Non-issue.

The fact that they have Browner to tell them all our secrets is offset by the fact that we have their former coach Pete Carroll to tell us all of theirs.

:laugh:

bradynumber4

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1d2hydyc said:
sutz":1d2hydyc said:
jlwaters1":1d2hydyc said:
12thbrah":1d2hydyc said:

Non-issue.

The fact that they have Browner to tell them all our secrets is offset by the fact that we have their former coach Pete Carroll to tell us all of theirs.

You mean a guy who coached 16 years ago? How's that have any relevance to now?

StoneCold

Reaction score
sutz":39wqwebi said:
jlwaters1":39wqwebi said:
12thbrah":39wqwebi said:

Non-issue.

What could Browner tell them? "They line up and punch you in the mouth."

How many times have I read that Seattle doesn't do a lot of trickery, they don't have fancy alignments and don't blitz often. They just outplay you.

SC

olyfan63

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1qaxzgg6 said:
davdog":1qaxzgg6 said:

Hilarity abounds!

He says he's from Spokompton. What did you expect? They have stronger stuff than just (legal) pot there. Obviously he scored some stuff before writing this.

Plus Richard Sherman is from the real place, and every now and then he says stuff that sounds like he's on drugs, except whatever ridiculous shtuff Sherman says, he backs up.

Anyway, finishing Spokompton dude's story...
And as the strains of "What is love... baby don't hurt me..." fade, the unmistakeable voice of Boy George calls out over the loudspeakers, "do you really want to hurt me...."

OK, yes, I drove through Tacompton last night.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":7mo1y8hb said:
jake206":7mo1y8hb said:
Trickery goes out the window when you get punched in the face.
I wish Jeff Fisher would get this memo.

Jeff Fisher was our inspiration. Ryan to Gilliam baby, for the score! Johnny Hekker, eat your heart out!

sutz

Reaction score
olyfan63":3dcda0oj said:
RolandDeschain":3dcda0oj said:
jake206":3dcda0oj said:
Trickery goes out the window when you get punched in the face.
I wish Jeff Fisher would get this memo.

Jeff Fisher was our inspiration. Ryan to Gilliam baby, for the score! Johnny Hekker, eat your heart out!
Actually, I think the tackle eligible play is a Bellycheck specialty. That play was a shot across the bow. ;)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
davdog":ehgtsd6s said:
DohBoy":ehgtsd6s said:
davdog":ehgtsd6s said:

You only wish you were this creative.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1vsaaggb said:
We may have been working on something most of the year in practice that will be implemented when it really counts.

If we've been working on it in practice, I imagine belicheat's got it on tape.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
bradynumber4":1ttbb933 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1ttbb933 said:

You mean a guy who coached 16 years ago? How's that have any relevance to now?

Sarcasm is the humor of the intelligent. Which I guess is why you thought it was serious. :roll: