2 Things About the Pats that make me feel confident

Vetamur

Reaction score
bradynumber4":33fqgvzj said:
I'm not a troll. I'm just telling how I saw it in that game. I saw the whole game not just the last 5 minutes. Also not giving up doesn't mean you can't still choke. Whether he had given up or not, Green Bay lost that game. If it had been the other way round and Seattle been up 19-7 with just over two minutes left, you'd be thinking the same thing.

Seattle had fallen apart for most of that Packers game. Don't see how this isn't obvious, and the point I was making, is if you do it again, and fall behind ( and it doesn't have to mean 5 interceptions), it will be very difficult for you to come back from it, because you win games based on stopping the other team rather then blowing them apart. NE won't be taking field goals on 4th and inches from goal, unless it's 30 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter.

You might want to go look at some Seahawk games. The Seahawks have often fallen behind, and then come back. Its almost SOP at this point actually.

The Packers didnt kick FGs from 4th and inches, but from 1 and 2 yards out. Yes, youre right. NE would likely go for it. And just as likely come away with nothing.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Seems like some NE fans are simply just hoping that the Hawks bring the same offensive performance (first 55 minutes) from last Sunday to the SB.

Good luck with that.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
bradynumber4":4v0iwdcr said:
I'm not a troll. I'm just telling how I saw it in that game. I saw the whole game not just the last 5 minutes. Also not giving up doesn't mean you can't still choke. Whether he had given up or not, Green Bay lost that game. If it had been the other way round and Seattle been up 19-7 with just over two minutes left, you'd be thinking the same thing.

Seattle had fallen apart for most of that Packers game. Don't see how this isn't obvious, and the point I was making, is if you do it again, and fall behind ( and it doesn't have to mean 5 interceptions), it will be very difficult for you to come back from it, because you win games based on stopping the other team rather then blowing them apart. NE won't be taking field goals on 4th and inches from goal, unless it's 30 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter.

Eh, comebacks are kinda what the Seahawks do. Here's some data for you.

In the last 3 years since Wilson has taken over as starting QB...

• Times the Seahawks have trailed at the end of the 1st quarter: 15 of 55 games.
  • Times the Seahawks have won after trailing at the end of the 1st quarter: 10 (vs. 5 losses)

• Times the Seahawks have trailed at the end of the 2nd quarter: 21 of 55 games.
  • Times the Seahawks have won after trailing at the end of the 2nd quarter: 13 (vs. 8 losses)

• Times the Seahawks have trailed at the end of the 3rd quarter: 15 of 55 games.
  • Times the Seahawks have won after trailing at the end of the 3rd quarter: 8 (vs. 7 losses)

• Times the Seahawks have trailed the entire game until the 4th quarter: 6 of 55 games.
  • Times the Seahawks have won after trailing the entire game until the 4th quarter: 3 (vs. 3 losses by a total of 6 points)

What this should demonstrate is that the Seahawks don't often get behind in games, and even when they do, they have a tendency to win those games anyway. And the style of ball the Seahawks play lends itself to close games, so hopes of a huge lead that demoralizes the team are slim to none.

One last tidbit... the Seahawks have trailed by 7 or more and the end of the 3rd quarter only 6 times in the last 3 years. They have gone on to win 4 of those 6 games, including one against your Pats in 2012. So was that a different Pats team that we couldn't come back against, or what?

bradynumber4

Reaction score
How many times have Seattle came back from 19-7 with just over two minutes left? Look all I'm saying, NE is capable of putting up two quick scores and if that happens, it's going to tough for you to come back. Russell Wilson is a very good QB but even elite QB's can feel the heat. If Seattle do find themselves down that is pressure and I saw enough to know he can be got at. And this nothing to do with being influenced by the media, I made my own judgement on it.

Seattle's game plan is about getting ahead early and demoralising the other teams offense. You don't want to be chasing the game against NE because they have the mentality to go for the kill. NE game plan will to be to take it to your defense. The only way the pats win this is to have the mentality of wanting to blow you apart. That won't happen, but NE will go for it. This will be close either way.

Seattle is slight favourites but this is no Pats v Rams underdog. It wouldn't be a shock if NE won.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bradynumber4":2vfqwmhq said:
How many times have Seattle came back from 19-7 with just over two minutes left? Look all I'm saying, NE is capable of putting up two quick scores and if that happens, it's going to tough for you to come back. Russell Wilson is a very good QB but even elite QB's can feel the heat. If Seattle do find themselves down that is pressure and I saw enough to know he can be got at. And this nothing to do with being influenced by the media, I made my own judgement on it.

Seattle's game plan is about getting ahead early and demoralising the other teams offense. You don't want to be chasing the game against NE because they have the mentality to go for the kill. NE game plan will to be to take it to your defense. The only way the pats win this is to have the mentality of wanting to blow you apart. That won't happen, but NE will go for it. This will be close either way.

Seattle is slight favourites but this is no Pats v Rams underdog. It wouldn't be a shock if NE won.

But again, your premise is that the Pats are going to get up on the Hawks by two scores. How can you assume this premise when the Hawks D has a 3 year history of not allowing this?

Are you assuming last week was some sort of new precedent? Cause that's false, no way the Hawks turn the ball over five times in the SB to allow the Pats to get out to that kind of lead like they did against the Packers.

If you're going to assume things, all we ask is you use some sort of statistical premise to base your argument on. Your premise has no merit based on how good the Hawks D has played over the past 2-3 years.

sutz

Reaction score
bradynumber4":2y07v9j5 said:

No, it isn't. Seatlle typical 'game plan' (you might actually call it a philosophy) is to keep the game close, and make big plays when the opponents are tired after 3 quarters of play. They actually chant:

Can you win in the 1st Qtr? NO.

Can you win in the 2d Qtr? NO.

Can you win in the 3rd Qtr? NO.

Can you win in the 4th Qtr? YESSS!!!

Obviously, they care about what happens early in games, but if the Hawks are within 1-2 scores going into the 4th quarter, they have confidence they can pull it out. After all, the Seahawks did outscore the Pack 26-6 in the 2nd half and OT. ;)

Try again.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":1kibgk32 said:
I think as expected, some Pats fans are coming over here and bringing a little too much bravado. Remember Pats fans, this is a Hawks fan site lol, if you don't have an objective opinion, then you are asking for it. I just wanted to address two responses that I disagree with below:

Scottemojo":1kibgk32 said:
Those scores posted above are eerily similar to what Donko fans thought the final score would be.

Find the last team to score 31 or more on this squad. I'll wait while you look it up.
I've seen the above "thought" expressed several times around the forum and I wanted to make something clear. If you are expecting Tom Brady and the Patriots to crumble like the Peyton Manning led Broncos then you are going to be in for a rather large shock come 2 Sundays from now. This Patriots team is tough and it starts with Brady. Brady does not wet his pants like Manning when he gets punched in the mouth, he gets back up with fire and comes right back at you. Even in the two SB losses to the Giants Tom put the team in position to win both games, it was our defense that let us down. The defense has been the failing factor for the Patriots since 2004 (Now we have the best defense since 2004 and Belichick is in a schemers paradise with Revis).

There was another poster above who stated something along the lines of "The Pats run the same dink and dunk offense the Broncos use". I should've quoted it but forgive me. Anyways, that couldn't be further from the truth. The Patriots mold to their opponents, the Broncos stick to what they are good at. That is the MAIN reason the Patriots are going to put up more of a fight then the Broncos did. This Pats team doesn't give a crap about what they have done well in past games, they are focused on "execution" of the game plan. They have done an unbelievable job at adjusting their offense this year to counteract the strengths of the opposing defense. Prime example is to look at the way they attacked Indy vs. Baltimore.. which leads me to the 2nd quote.

Pats fan1":1kibgk32 said:
The Ravens held the Pats to only 14 yards rushing and the Pats put 35 points on them and confused the heck out of them.

The Ravens did not "hold" the pats to 14 yards rushing. The Patriots decided to forgo the run in favor of a quick passing attack where Brady was releasing the ball on average around 2 seconds. That completely neutralized the pass rush in the 2nd half of the game. I mean, the Pats did not even ATTEMPT a run in the 2nd half besides a Tom Brady scramble and a few knee downs.

This exemplifies my point earlier that the Patriots are a chameleon on the gridiron. They execute game plans at such a high level that they can beat two separate opponents in back to back weeks in polar opposite ways. I'm not saying this to say the Pats will find the perfect way to attack the Seahawks, but I assure you they will bring a smart game plan to the table on Sunday and execute at an elite level. They are coached to "Do Their Job". Their ability to adapt is their greatest asset on Offense and Defense. Both the Hawks and the Pats defensively are probably the two best adjusting teams at halftime in the NFL period.

Like I have said earlier, this game will be one for the ages. Of course I'm rooting for the Patriots but it is surprising to hear so much bravado from both Pats fans and Hawks fans. Both teams are the #1 seed for a reason. One is the defending champs who get all the respect in the world. The other is not even close to what you faced last year in the damp pants Broncos.

Scottemojo is one of the most level-headed, brilliant, and objective posters on here. It's the Patriot fans who have come on here and started puffing their chests that have been source of the problem. Most on here already know it's not going to be a blowout. But all you Patriot fans have done is discredit the Seahawks on here from the get go. They deserve to be and earned the right to be in the Superbowl as much as the Pats have. They are the defending champions to boot. The Pats have to knock them off...it's not as simple as you and your brethren seem to think.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
sutz":3abp9hhf said:
bradynumber4":3abp9hhf said:

No, it isn't. Seatlle typical 'game plan' (you might actually call it a philosophy) is to keep the game close, and make big plays when the opponents are tired after 3 quarters of play. They actually chant:

Can you win in the 1st Qtr? NO.

Can you win in the 2d Qtr? NO.

Can you win in the 3rd Qtr? NO.

Can you win in the 4th Qtr? YESSS!!!

Obviously, they care about what happens early in games, but if the Hawks are within 1-2 scores going into the 4th quarter, they have confidence they can pull it out. After all, the Seahawks did outscore the Pack 26-6 in the 2nd half and OT. ;)

Try again.

7-6 before Green bay shit their pants. That's my point, and Green Bay has took advantage early on.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ss8avp6 said:
bradynumber4":3ss8avp6 said:

But again, your premise is that the Pats are going to get up on the Hawks by two scores. How can you assume this premise when the Hawks D has a 3 year history of not allowing this?

Are you assuming last week was some sort of new precedent? Cause that's false, no way the Hawks turn the ball over five times in the SB to allow the Pats to get out to that kind of lead like they did against the Packers.

If you're going to assume things, all we ask is you use some sort of statistical premise to base your argument on. Your premise has no merit based on how good the Hawks D has played over the past 2-3 years.

You assume the pats need to turn the ball over 5 times to get ahead by 2 scores. They can do it without no turnovers, that Brady guy is pretty good. Not saying it will happen, I'm saying it could.

sutz

Reaction score
bradynumber4":wckpk9v7 said:
7-6 before Green bay shit their pants. That's my point, and Green Bay has took advantage early on.

I left my Fargo decoder ring in my other pants. :187734: does that even mean?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bradynumber4":1ox0iqto said:
Sgt. Largent":1ox0iqto said:
bradynumber4":1ox0iqto said:

You assume the pats need to turn the ball over 5 times to get ahead by 2 scores. They can do it without no turnovers, that Brady guy is pretty good. Not saying it will happen, I'm saying it could.

I know you're saying it could, but I'm using facts to say it's not probable..........in fact it's a very long shot.

The Hawks D has only allowed 16 pts PER GAME this year, and you think the Pats can go up by 10-14?

It'd be like me saying the Hawks offense could score 50 pts. Is that likely? Why not, it can happen! Doesn't matter that it rarely happens, it could!

Dumb argument with no substantiation.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
If we were to put NE into the NFC Championship game, I don't see NE NOT getting two TDs for those two FGs GB settled for on turnovers. Bellicheck and Brady > McCarthy and Rogers. Belli would have been much more broad in his methods of attacking to get the TD.

That being said, NE will not get the worst Offensive performance by a Seahawk team in history. GB got it, but evidently didn't really give a flying one about winning a game by playing all the way through.

Any idea that Russell can be beaten mentally or broken is pure fallacy - try throwing 4 INTs and getting smashed by Ryan Mathews - and consider who led SEA to the near-impossible win. Yes, the 'Mode carried the Load' (I should trademark that...), but the conversion, passes to Luke Wilson and Doug Baldwin for 1st downs and TD to Kearse - the SAME guy who had ALL FOUR of his targets picked earlier in the game - there is no better mental control than that.

Maybe GB thought they had mentally beat Russell or something. No idea why they decided to start giving 60% for the last 5 minutes of regulation - but make no mistake - they really lost that game earlier by utterly failing inside the 5 multiple times. One TD and 178 yards by an "Elite" QB does not give you a win. They were stopped hard by a defense which could have also been depressed by being behind - they could have been frustrated and 'given up' - but that did not work last week, has never worked against this defense, and will not work on Feb 1st.

Blount is doing really well, and Gronk is a beast - but I do not think NE has had to contend with a LB/Secondary group this good across the board.

I'm really looking forward to some quality Kam on Gronk time in this game.

This will be a hard slog all 60 minutes - the Seahawks do not give up no matter what, and NE has shown they always have something you haven't seen before.

StoneCold

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":4vng26dz said:
Another Pats fan here, thanks for having us visitors.

I've followed the Hawks fairly closely the last few years and have attended 4 games at your maniac stadium the past few seasons. Seattle's obviously a very good team, well rounded and smart. But to be honest I think right now they're at their weakest point since 2012. They were ferocious at the end of 2013 and downright great all last season, but the injuries, defections and the motivation of other teams to knock them off make them look vulnerable right now.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of concern here after what the Packers just did on both sides of the ball. That was a beat-down, they moved the ball practically at will, gave Rodgers plenty of time, totally threw Seattle's offense for a loop, and even looked quicker and more physical for most for most of the game. Only a fake FG and onside kick prevented a well deserved 10 point loss. I give the Hawks credit for regaining their feet after those breaks and pulling it out, but 98 times out of 100 that rally would've been too late.

New England brings everything to the table that GB did, especially with Rodgers mobility limited the way it was. Their corners and safeties are better than the Packers, the front 7 about equal, the OL about equal, Blount = Lacy, receivers about equal, QB about equal. Coaching may be a little better, especially red zone offense. Better special teams. They will be aggressive the full 60 minute, not go into a shell like GB did late. And now they also have a blueprint after last Sunday. They're going to come in with a lot of confidence after seeing what the Packers were able to do.

I am a little concerned about setting the edge against Lynch & Wilson. Also, of all your receivers, Lockette concerns me, that dude is way underrated. Overall, the Patriots D never looks real dominant, but somehow it hasn't allowed a 2nd half TD in 2 months. They'll be tested for sure.

Should be a doozy.

Ran at will? Total of 135 yards and 36 of that came on one play. Even with all that time Rodgers threw for 178 yards. Defense played stoutly all game. On offense what you saw in that game was something we hadn't seen in the 3 years of Carroll/Wilson. This is just my opinion but we shot ourselves in the foot more than they caused us to play poorly. I don't think anyone here expects that performance on the Feb 1.

Would you say Pats offense is better or worse than GB?

SC

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Gronkzilla":2gioc5bv said:
I think as expected, some Pats fans are coming over here and bringing a little too much bravado. Remember Pats fans, this is a Hawks fan site lol, if you don't have an objective opinion, then you are asking for it. I just wanted to address two responses that I disagree with below:

Scottemojo":2gioc5bv said:
Those scores posted above are eerily similar to what Donko fans thought the final score would be.

Find the last team to score 31 or more on this squad. I'll wait while you look it up.
I've seen the above "thought" expressed several times around the forum and I wanted to make something clear. If you are expecting Tom Brady and the Patriots to crumble like the Peyton Manning led Broncos then you are going to be in for a rather large shock come 2 Sundays from now. This Patriots team is tough and it starts with Brady. Brady does not wet his pants like Manning when he gets punched in the mouth, he gets back up with fire and comes right back at you. Even in the two SB losses to the Giants Tom put the team in position to win both games, it was our defense that let us down. The defense has been the failing factor for the Patriots since 2004 (Now we have the best defense since 2004 and Belichick is in a schemers paradise with Revis).

The Ravens did not "hold" the pats to 14 yards rushing. The Patriots decided to forgo the run in favor of a quick passing attack where Brady was releasing the ball on average around 2 seconds. That completely neutralized the pass rush in the 2nd half of the game. I mean, the Pats did not even ATTEMPT a run in the 2nd half besides a Tom Brady scramble and a few knee downs.
Seattle's D has never given up more than 30 over the last 3 years. Never. That was all I was saying. The Colts got 34, but 7 of that was on special teams. The point remains, any pats fan predicting more than 30 lacks a basic understanding of how Seattle is likely to lose a game if they lose. I will say it again, if you think we score 24 on you, you are saying you pretty much expect to lose. 24 is the mendoza line. Pats fans should be familiar with that line, in 2012 you lost 24-23 to the Hawks. We do not win when the opponent goes over 24. We usually win when they are under.

At no time did I compare your team to the Broncos. I compared your fan base to the Broncos, who were convinced that their record setting offense was going to score more than 24 points. Usually a lot more than 24.

And yes, I am very familiar with Bill's ability to morph his offense to fit his opponent's strengths and weaknesses. Just as I am sure your pass catchers are aware that a lot of short routes in a quick passing game will at some point get them smoked. For you to assume that a defense cannot dictate any terms to Bill, however, is hubris, and means you cannot be taken seriously.

I am not so bold as to tell you the Hawks will win. I don't know that. I certainly will not go to a Pats board and try to convince homers that we are better when is serves no purpose at all.

FWIW, when a post begins with I am not a troll, it is almost always a troll. Your being here is not to learn it is to boast, which makes you a troll.

davdog

Reaction score
A big tight end like Gates had a big game against the hawks this year in a win for SD.
How do you folks think the hawks will handle Gronk?

davdog

Reaction score
Scottemojo":32nleo86 said:
Gronkzilla":32nleo86 said:

Scottemojo":32nleo86 said:

Seattle's D has never given up more than 30 over the last 3 years. Never. That was all I was saying. The Colts got 34, but 7 of that was on special teams. The point remains, any pats fan predicting more than 30 lacks a basic understanding of how Seattle is likely to lose a game if they lose. I will say it again, if you think we score 24 on you, you are saying you pretty much expect to lose. 24 is the mendoza line. Pats fans should be familiar with that line, in 2012 you lost 24-23 to the Hawks. We do not win when the opponent goes over 24. We usually win when they are under.

At no time did I compare your team to the Broncos. I compared your fan base to the Broncos, who were convinced that their record setting offense was going to score more than 24 points. Usually a lot more than 24.

And yes, I am very familiar with Bill's ability to morph his offense to fit his opponent's strengths and weaknesses. Just as I am sure your pass catchers are aware that a lot of short routes in a quick passing game will at some point get them smoked. For you to assume that a defense cannot dictate any terms to Bill, however, is hubris, and means you cannot be taken seriously.

I am not so bold as to tell you the Hawks will win. I don't know that. I certainly will not go to a Pats board and try to convince homers that we are better when is serves no purpose at all.

FWIW, when a post begins with I am not a troll, it is almost always a troll. Your being here is not to learn it is to boast, which makes you a troll.

After 2007 us Pat's fans should know better then to shoot our mouths off about how many points they will score.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
davdog":13u2gjgk said:
A big tight end like Gates had a big game against the hawks this year in a win for SD.
In 2012, Gronk had 6 catches for 61 yards on 8 targets vs us. No TDs. So, we don't have to look at Gates.

But if you think the comp is important, go watch the NFL rewind for the San Diego game. Not a great game for our D for sure, though we had some pretty banged up guys at the time. It will give you a chance to watch Danny Woodhead have a great game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
davdog":hpccgps6 said:

Unless the Pats pay off the University of Phoenix stadium crew to make it 120 degrees on the field and Kam gets injured while being interviewed on press row..............just fine.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
davdog":ahau77jc said:

Gronk will probably end up exploiting us just like Gates did, with scorching temperatures on the field, and ensuring that key elements of our defense were out or playing injured. It's a weakness we've had this year.

Otherwise, we'll probably put a now-healthy Kam Chancellor on him and handle him like we have done with Vernon Davis.

davdog

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3t2qexvj said:
davdog":3t2qexvj said:

Gronk will probably end up exploiting us just like Gates did, with scorching temperatures on the field, and ensuring that key elements of our defense were out or playing injured. It's a weakness we've had this year.

Otherwise, we'll probably put a now-healthy Kam Chancellor on him and handle him like we have done with Vernon Davis.

Whose the 49ers QB again?

Latest posts