12th Man Flags Will Be Allowed (But) lol.....

Maulbert

Reaction score
What a bunch of

basket-full-of-kittens.jpg

truehawksfan

Reaction score
:34853_doh:
New stadium rules: Cry baby Cam flicks a cheese head form hat, hitting a Carolina fan and hurting his hand so no oversized head gear allowed in BofA stadium.

New stadium rules: Cry baby Cam grabs a Steelers Terrible towel causing rug burn on his hand so opposing fans can not bring towels to BofA stadium.

New stadium rules: Cry bay Cam says opposing fan screamed in his ear causing discomfort, so opposing fans cannot scream while Carolina offense is on the field.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
drdiags":3b414k3y said:
Too bad. Maybe I am just a spoiled sport but I wouldn't want a big Steelers/9ers/any team's flag hanging from the stadium walls at the CLink. I laughed at the Packers fan and if any Seahawks fans get their flag confiscated, I will feel bad for them but I agree 100% with the Panthers on this.

You can visit but don't bring no stinking furniture with you.
I'm more with you on this side of it. But, I'd say that beyond banners that hang and are not obstructing the view of other fans, the size of flags and such should apply to anyone with a game ticket, no matter what team you're rooting for. Sitting behind someone waving something THEY think adds to the game while obstructing my view as well as others isn't the reason I go to any game.

Cam Newton ripping the Jersey from the Bucs fan was a punk move. My 12-year-old son (who scores more TD's than Cam Newton) asked why Newton "celebrates" in 6 different ways after any play he makes, not just TD's. That says a lot about Narcissist Newton.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Ughhh.

People realize that the changing of the stadium policy after the Packers game as it relates to flags and banners is for EVERYONE right?

Panthers fans can only have flags that are equal to or less than two by two feet, just as Seahawks fans are held to the same rules.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3tpcq283 said:
Ughhh.

People realize that the changing of the stadium policy after the Packers game as it relates to flags and banners is for EVERYONE right?

Panthers fans can only have flags that are equal to or less than two by two feet, just as Seahawks fans are held to the same rules.

Ughhh. Not as much incentive to bring flags when your team logo is already plastered around the building and on the jumbotron.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2v02n9r9 said:
Popeyejones":2v02n9r9 said:
Ughhh.

Ughhh. Not as much incentive to bring flags when your team logo is already plastered around the building and on the jumbotron.

So you're saying Seahawks fans don't have flags and signs at the CLink?

Really? This is the argument you're making?

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36474otb said:
CodeWarrior":36474otb said:
Popeyejones":36474otb said:
Ughhh.

So you're saying Seahawks fans don't have flags and signs at the CLink?

Really? This is the argument you're making?

Yes, that's the argument I'm making. The 12th man flag is well known and prevalent. Carolina doesn't have an equivalent. Are you calling the rule equitable?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":19lib7sj said:
Yes, that's the argument I'm making. The 12th man flag is well known and prevalent. Carolina doesn't have an equivalent. Are you calling the rule equitable?

First, it's not a rule about flags. It's a rule about flags, signs and banners.

More importantly, the rule was made earlier this year and applies absolutely equally to all fans of all teams across the NFL, regardless of if they are home team fans or not.

Yes, that's what equitable is called.

On a somewhat unrelated point, IMO If someone has a stupidly large flag for the sole purpose of flying it on other people's stadiums they're being deliberately obnoxious, and I have absolutely no problem with them being treated as such. The Panthers on the other hand, don't do that, as the home fans and the deliberately obnoxious are subjected to the exact same rules.

Polaris

Reaction score
Popeyejones":21lonmjo said:
CodeWarrior":21lonmjo said:

More importantly, the rule was made earlier this year and applies absolutely equally to all fans of all teams across the NFL, regardless of if they are home team fans or not.

On a somewhat unrelated point, IMO If someone has a stupidly large flag for the sole purpose of flying it on other people's stadiums they're being deliberately obnoxious, and I have absolutely no problem with them being treated as such. The Panthers on the other hand, don't do that, as the home fans and the deliberately obnoxious are subjected to the exact same rules.

Fair enough. Now here's my take: I have no issue with the rule itself provided it's enforced in an evenhanded manner. It's their house; it's their rules. My problem is that this was a change in policy designed to placate the unprofessional and undesirable behavior by Cam Newton against the fans, and that's a no-go in my book. It shows a city and franchise that is bending over and enabling bad behavior. It's also why I don't respect Marvin Lewis of the Bengals.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2t6954ij said:
CodeWarrior":2t6954ij said:

That's fine as long as you're willing to ignore the practicalities of this thing we call real life. Team A is known for its flag. Team B has no such flag. Team B passes a regulation governing flags in their stadium prior to playing team A.

Which team does this affect more?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
There should also be a rule for Lee Corso and his big heads. If he sits in front of me again, I'm not going to be able to control myself