12th man are growing in Mexico I am Happy

DAVE

Reaction score
Yes I see that here in Mexico, the support for the Hawks is growing all arond the world
saludos from Mexico

HawkEye

Reaction score
Dave, if we win the Super Bowl, you can expect A LOT of new fans, even down here in Mexico. I went to see the MNF game vs the Rams in cinemex, and we were only 7 people in the theatre!! And only 3 Seahawks fans!

Send me a PM if you want to talk about being a Seahawks fan in Mexico.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1jpul91y said:
What are you guys doing in Mexico? Just curious...

He said they are growing.

You know, the law change up here and everything has them all excited about supporting the 12th man

MexHawk

Reaction score
In the town I live in, I know just 2 other guys who are Seahawks fans.

One of them is the owner of a stationery shop. A few years ago I went to buy something there on a sunday morning dressed up with my Galloway jersey, and he was sporting a Seahawks cap ("you're a seahawks fan?, yeah! you too?").

The other guy is a teacher in the same university I work. A few years ago we bumped in the bathroom, both in our seahawks jacket (it was Winter), and it was almost the same dialog. Now we both give hell to our boss (the academic secretary) a 49 fan .

This season is great. We coincide every tuesday early in the morning, and we give high fives and talk about the game, to the amusement of our students.

To Hawkeye and Dave, saludos desde Torreón, Coahuila!

Go Hawks

Axx

Reaction score
Mexico is still heavily dominated by fans of "AMERICA'S TEAM"

OP
OP
D

DAVE

Reaction score
Bullhawk33 I live in Mexico, Iam mexican, my wife, and to youngs of my family are a seahaks fans too.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
There's loads of new bandwagon fans in the UK.

It seems any new NFL fan in this country is picking the "fashionable" Hawks.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I love Mexico and have been there many times. In what city do you folks reside?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
DAVE":26fmrs8d said:
Bullhawk33 I live in Mexico, Iam mexican, my wife, and to youngs of my family are a seahaks fans too.

Dave, are you native Mexican? I'm just curious how you chose American football as opposed to your country's first love, Soccer. And why the Seahawks? I'd just like to hear how you discovered it, and then got your whole family involved. I think it's very cool!

gargantual

Reaction score
Had a lot of good times down in Rosarito and Ensenada back in the mid to late eighties. Great to hear about fans hailing from that neck of the woods! (Well, not from there necessarily, but from your great country).

Go Hawks!

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2hq8ie0w said:
DAVE":2hq8ie0w said:

Dave, are you native Mexican? I'm just curious how you chose American football as opposed to your country's first love, Soccer. And why the Seahawks? I'd just like to hear how you discovered it, and then got your whole family involved. I think it's very cool!

They actually hate soccer in Mexico and mostly just a play a game called futbol. ;)

Anguish

Reaction score
I will be watching the Seahawks Super Bowl from my little spot in Mexico this year. Leaving February 1st. Flights only go in and out of the little tiny airport that I fly into on Saturdays, and that is the only day guaranteed not to have a potential playoff game...

OP
OP
D

DAVE

Reaction score
Ludwigs I live in Mexico City, really a beautiful city, you have to come, my house are open for you
seahawks in spanish= Halcones Marinos

Blue thunder I am a seahawks fan is not clear for me but I think it was for Mexican kiker Efren Herrera or the lefty Jim Zorn and best reciever ever Steve Largent
I hate Dallas ans steelers all my life and 49ers since we changed the conference
And for soccer I am a fan of the most popular team in Mexico Chivas but they are now like the worst teams in USa Houston astros
saludos desde Mexico

HawkEye

Reaction score
I live in Mexico City, and i just HATE soccer. I lived in Seattle in the 70's, my dad was very excited when the NFL gave the city the franchise. He was a graphic designer and he was involved in the logo design for the team (he did some proposals that were not used in the end...He did logos for the Seattle Kings and Seattle Ospreys, but the name changed to Seahawks at the end).

I was at the Kingdome in our very first game vs. the 49ers. (God, I feel old :thirishdrinkers: )

Mexico is beautiful, the people is great. Too bad there are many Cowboys and Steelers fans. We should get together and stablish the Mexican chapter of the 12th man!!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
DAVE":3g7yei8u said:
Ludwigs I live in Mexico City, really a beautiful city, you have to come, my house are open for you
seahawks in spanish= Halcones Marinos

Blue thunder I am a seahawks fan is not clear for me but I think it was for Mexican kiker Efren Herrera or the lefty Jim Zorn and best reciever ever Steve Largent
I hate Dallas ans steelers all my life and 49ers since we changed the conference
And for soccer I am a fan of the most popular team in Mexico Chivas but they are now like the worst teams in USa Houston astros
saludos desde Mexico

Dave, I have never been to Mexico City and some day I will. It sounds wonderful and thanks for the offer.
Go Seahawks

i5roadrunner

Reaction score
I was in Puerto Vallarta several years back and had my Hawks shirt on and a local noticed it so we had a conversation about the Seahawks, I guess the guy had at one time lived in Portland and was a fan. That first trip, we just got in our room and I knew the game was about to start and was not sure if it was on the TV there so first thing I did was run in the room and turn it to ESPN and BOOM! The game was just starting! My second trip I was not as lucky, but the guy in charge was nice enough to open an empty room that had satellite and let me watch it in Spanish. My first and only Seahawk game in Spanish. :)--Also watched the UW Huskies at a sports bar called "Mickey's No Name Café" But I think it has since closed or moved from the Malecon.