127 Missed Tackles By The D. Most In NFL

GemCity

Reaction score
I love how we chest bump to tackle.

I mean, if you time it right, you’ve got an ESPN highlight.

Yah…rather than going for the waist and below, I think our guys know the right way to do it.

Fkn elementary football.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If Hurtt is still the DC in 2024 I am going to lose my freakin’ mind.

View attachment 63088
Place the blame where it belongs. Pete's made 3 consecutive, uninspired internal hires at DC. He's supposed to be a defense guy. The defense has gotten worse and worse for four years, and for stretches of several of those years, the D has been historically bad.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I should also say if a current position coach is bumped up to DC in place of Hurtt I am going to kill every single amphibian in whatever country amphibians are most prevalent. Because Pete made me do it.

GemCity

Reaction score
Missed tackling isn’t necessary Hurtt’s fault and at the same time, it’s his responsibility to ensure players know how to tackle.

Stay with me here….Im not saying he shouldn’t be replaced.

Most of our DBs sans TWO…tackle high. I don’t even know if you can call it tackling. They all want to Bam Bam Kam a guy instead of going for the legs and wrapping up.

Take Buddha Baker for instance. Great athlete (aren’t they all) but, he doesn’t have too many physical characteristics that jump out at me when compared to his peers. During our last game, I noticed him always going for the legs if the opportunity presented itself. I don’t know if he’s done that all season but, he made some impressive stops. One that stood out was when he tracked K9 on the edge.

I said we have two but, in reality…it’s likely one (Spoon). Spoon knows when to go low and he also knows when he can get a big hit in.

Brown has shown flashes but…he’s inconsistent. Tariq? For someone who’s game isn’t centered on physicality, it’s mind blowing that he thinks he can hit up high.

Love is decent at it. Quandre? He has the physical attributes and CAN make some solid stops but is usually too far out of the play.

Shit….could go on forever with this.

Missed tackles is certainly a DCs responsibility to fix. It’s so elementary that it blows my mind that professionals still don’t know how to do this.

I’m a Pee-Wee coach and there’s not a practice that goes by where all of the coaches aren’t beating the concept of “waist and below” into the guys heads.

How professionals, that are struggling in the missed tackle department, can’t fix this quickly….is just plain terrible.

Pete’s defenses rely heavily on DBs. Pretty straightforward concept. The Seahawks would rather cough up a consistent 4 yards per rush rather than get burnt on big plays.

When your DBs can’t tackle though…

This D requires LBs that can cover drags and curls —we can’t. Teams know this and expose it when they need that guaranteed 7 yards.

Starting to ramble..

TLDR: these guys need to learn to fkn tackle.

Last edited: