Cox Signed Officially....Cut the next day

Landhawk1

Reaction score
I don't like it. Seems like a troubled guy without much NFL success. I'd rather roll with Maxwell, Lane and Shead. If they needed another guy, Winfield I guess.

morgulon1

Reaction score
crap. Hopefully Carroll just wants to pick his brain for 9er info then dump him.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that we have no more DB issues the rest of the season/post season

Basis4day

Reaction score
Landhawk1":1bczzs5s said:
I don't like it. Seems like a troubled guy without much NFL success. I'd rather roll with Maxwell, Lane and Shead. If they needed another guy, Winfield I guess.

Winfield would need to say yes first. They'll make another move. Can't do anything until the Browner move is official.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He has some value as a punt returner, which might have gone into the thinking. I believe Thurmond was our only back-up to Golden on punt return duty.

Landhawk1

Reaction score
I guess we can cut Cox after Thurmond comes back and keep Winfield in Browners roster spot.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Cox also got reps as the slot DB during pre-season for the Niners. I'm guessing Shead is more of an outside guy, which we have covered with Lane/Maxwell. Still a chance he gets called up if Winfield stays retired.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Landhawk1":1ka07e6k said:

The signing is obviously more about Cox being ready to play NOW, and not in 2-3 weeks when he's game ready like it'd take Winfield..........or putting someone inexperienced up against Pro Bowl receivers down the home stretch of a potential SB run like Shead.

Believe me, I'm sure Pete and John held their nose when signing Cox. But don't blame them, blame the two selfish knuckleheads that decided getting high was more important than being a part of this team in it's best year ever.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pwrh6q8 said:
Believe me, I'm sure Pete and John held their nose when signing Cox. But don't blame them, blame the two selfish knuckleheads that decided getting high was more important than being a part of this team in it's best year ever.
Good thought Sarge. Agree completely.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Winfield still in play apparently. May need a couple weeks to get his conditioning up. No hurry until BB's roster spot is officially cleared.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
My gut feeling is this is short term depth move. I suspect Winfield May not be in game shape.

Latest posts