Who is your favorite Seahawks' player that divides opinion?

kearly

Reaction score
(among fellow Seahawks fans)

It doesn't have to be an unpopular player, it just has to be a player who more than a few fans like a lot more or a lot less than others. Guys like John Moffitt, James Carpenter, JR Sweezy, Breno Giacomini, KJ Wright, Tjack, Steven Hauscha, Red Bryant, etc.

For me, I'd probably say Sidney Rice with Zach Miller a close second. All we ever hear about is how their contracts are a problem, but Rice isn't anywhere close to overpaid in terms of production per target- for a lot of other offenses I don't think anyone would be questioning his value at all. He's also one of our most clutch players. I think he's almost like the Chris Clemons of our offense in that he does everything very well on a highly consistent basis and it's easy for us to take him for granted. He seems like a totally chill dude too. Class act. If he is released for cash reasons in the near future, I will miss him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Russell Wilson. Just can't decide whether he's human or not.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Russell Wilson definitely would have been my pick last season.

I'm pretty sure that Wilson is a replicant.

themunn

Reaction score
KJ doesn't split opinion, you're the only person I've seen that doesn't rate him nearly.

after the rep he got last year I have to undoubtedly go with Big Red

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
TJ! and Breno for sure. Love both those guys and glad they're on the team. And when they are no longer I'll be glad they were.

chris98251

Reaction score
Matt Hasselbeck,

Oh this year, well Zach Miller comes to mind since so many base opinion on catches and TD's and forget what else he does.

And yes I had to do it, Kearly never said what year.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Sherman. Aside from our season and the emergence of Russell Wilson, his mouth getting near constant national attention is a large factor in getting the Hawks recognized, as well as signing Bennett, Avril, and Winfield on the cheap. I seriously doubt we'd have gotten 3 of the best names in FA for relative peanuts if they hadn't have flipped on the TV and listened to Sherm's drama, which made the networks talk about the Hawk's bright future.

Love him or hate him, but he's up there with RW as the top reasons the Hawks have a good chance to get to and win a superbowl in the near future, IMO.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Currently, it has to be Sherman. I love his bravado because it's like the bullied is finally doing the bullying. Last year, it was RW...everybody I knew said he should be benched. I wanted to see how he would grow once the playbook opened up. Not gonna lie though. There was a time when I thought, maybe we should sit him.

Oh and I forgot...Harvin. I've heard a lot of "I told you so's" since it came out he was injured. I believed, and still do once he is healthy, that he is a difference maker and is worth every penny. He's a rare athlete in a league full of the best.

DistantHawk

Reaction score
Zach Miller.

Think he is vastly underrated by Seahawk fans. Had to do far more blocking than I'm sure he signed up for when he first got here and showed no disappointment about being put in that position. Was prolific (maybe as stretch) as a ball catcher in the latter part of the season and given our lack of TE depth I think he is absolutely crucial heading into the season.

seacat1

Reaction score
Winston Guy. I still believe a lot of people will be shocked about how good he can be.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Brandon Browner. He wants to choke Harbaugh. Good enough for me.

chevelle03

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander.
Current team: Percy Harvin. I can't wait to see him play and make our O unstoppable.

Mick063

Reaction score
Tavaris Jackson.

I honestly believe the Seahawks can win with him in the lineup. I hope Russell never gets hurt, but TJ is one of the better backups in the league.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Doug Baldwin - a lot of people were ready to ship him out this year and to some degree has become the forgotten man. He's quick, has got good hands and is a pretty smooth route runner. There's not too many solid WR's this very moment in the league and he has more value than we realize.

Brandon Browner - Our depth chart at CB shows some flashes and all of a sudden BB becomes expendable? BB is an enforcer.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Alvin Bailey. He sucks ballz, but Kearly thinks he's great. I love that guy.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sidney Rice for sure. I'm excited to see what he will do this season.. especially if Harvin comes back for the stretch run.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I find myself defending Thurmond III a lot, so I'll go with him. Sherman feels like a bit of a cheating answer beacause it seems to me like a couple of loudmouths complain about him, but most of us really like him.

+1 to the Alexander reference from Chevelle, also. NFLN had his 2005 season ranked as the #7 rushing season of all time this morning.