Number 1 scoring Defense ----- AGAIN

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Despite the huge mistakes against Tennessee, and a couple of TDs vs short fields after offensive turnovers (GB and NYG), I've just seen the PPG figures for total defense and Seahawks back ranked at #1 which is pretty incredible, with 15.7 PPG marginally ahead of Jax, Pitt and Buffalo.

Some will argue we have played weak offenses (49ers, Colts, NYG) but away at Lambeau and Rams is pretty stiff competition on the offensive front.

Think we can cement this position as the weeks go on!

:irishdrinkers:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sadly much of that title will depend on the offense. If they keep the D fresh with long drives and play their share of the snaps, the D will continue to dominate. Put too much of the burden on them and the opposite will happen as we've seen.

Seafan

Reaction score
7 points yesterday was more about the fumble than how the defense played.

The defense needs to be stout if the Hawks are to have a chance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The D gave up 3.1 yards on average yesterday.........................not per pass, per play.

I'd also pay Comcast extra per game if they just had a camera dedicated for Wagner, he's BALLING out this year somethin' fierce.

Exittium

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2x9lqrl2 said:
The D gave up 3.1 yards on average yesterday.........................not per pass, per play.

I'd also pay Comcast extra per game if they just had a camera dedicated for Wagner, he's BALLING out this year somethin' fierce.

Agreed on the cam on Wags lol. I loved the bow/salute he gave towards the ref after he tackled I believe Engram twice in a row with the same play.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Exittium I have to say your avatar trumps mine. Well done.

Clap

Mindsink

Reaction score
Aros":3cgact1q said:

I must respectfully disagree.

On topic though -- I dislike when people qualify stats/rankings with "yeah but, look at who they played". You can only play the teams on your schedule. Good to see our defensive unit at the top again where they belong. If they finish there, then that will be five out of six years leading the league in that stat.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Exittium":1mg2b889 said:
Sgt. Largent":1mg2b889 said:

Agreed on the cam on Wags lol. I loved the bow/salute he gave towards the ref after he tackled I believe Engram twice in a row with the same play.

I think it was Darkwa and then Vereen (know the tackle Wagner bowed on was Vereen, not sure about Darkwa the play before.)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Seymour":3ibnwikv said:
Sadly much of that title will depend on the offense. If they keep the D fresh with long drives and play their share of the snaps, the D will continue to dominate. Put too much of the burden on them and the opposite will happen as we've seen.

How is this "sadly" ? That's just football. Name me one #1 defense that was paired with a bottom 10 offense.

I would say go all the way back to the 2000 Ravens, and even then that offense was ranked 19th I believe.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawks46":yrln3i7b said:
Seymour":yrln3i7b said:

How is this "sadly" ? That's just football. Name me one #1 defense that was paired with a bottom 10 offense.

I would say go all the way back to the 2000 Ravens, and even then that offense was ranked 19th I believe.

I use 1 word you don't like and you want me to go on an hour research job for you? No thanks.

Yes sadly. Go watch some more first half offense and find a better word then.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Aros":21m2gtde said:

Clap

For anyone who may be looking for a new avatar of similar Hawk sentiment, I direct you to a link posted in the shack awhile back.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=138184

So not to derail, It's great to hear that the D is back to form.